Chapter 08

My Kingdom [Conquest]

A/N: Little update before I head to work, etc. Some of you are probably wondering when Jessica is coming into the story, right? Welp, I can't tell you~ keke. Patience is a virtue~! lol. Also, thank you to all the new subscribers, commenters, and of course the readers~! It's always appreciated! ^^

-

 

 

            “!” Kyuhyun cursed as he grabbed hold of Seohyun’s wrist, dragging her inside of a random house. Seohyun gasped out, dropping the bag of arrows once they entered the house. Kyuhyun covered with his hand as he wrapped an arm around her waist, as they hit the floor. She went wide-eyed, trying to wiggle herself out of his grasp before he silenced her, “Shh, the enemy has arrived.”

            Seohyun immediately stiffened and stopped her wriggling. There was silence but they heard marching at one end of the village getting closer to where they were. They held their breath when they heard a gruff voice shout out, “Scout the village for any trace of the enemy! Report if you find anything.”

            “Damn it,” Kyuhyun cursed softly under his breath. He shifted slightly and started moving back and out of view of the open window.

            They hit the wall just as they heard footsteps coming closer to where they were situated. His grip around her waist tightened and he held his breath. Seohyun touched his hand over and he unconsciously loosened his grip. She breathed softly but held her breath soon after as they waited.

            The two saw a shadow right out of the window and they both tensed when they saw it linger there for too long. They breathed out a soft sigh of relief when they heard one of the generals yell out, “You there! Did you find anything? Report!”

            “S-Sorry, general!” the scout stuttered out and immediately ran toward the general, “There was nothing that I saw!”

            “Alright, let us report back to lord Taecyeon then,” the general said and the two heard footsteps start to diminish.

            Kyuhyun breathed out a sigh as his forehead touched her shoulder. Seohyun relaxed slightly as she looked over at him and touched his hand in concern. The male looked up, his eyes showed concern for her and she gave him a shocked look for a mere second before she looked away.

            “We shall wait until everything seems clear,” Kyuhyun whispered out to her and she could only nod slowly. The two stayed where they were, his arm around her waist while his head rested softly on her shoulder. She stared worriedly at the male for a minute before she turned toward the open window, whispering out, “The sun is setting…”

            “We shall strike tomorrow then,” he muttered, “I have already instructed this toward Taemin and Donghae. If a situation like this appears, we strike tomorrow.”

            “I see…”

            “Patience is virtue, my lady,” Kyuhyun chuckled out softly and a small blush settled on her cheeks. She shivered slightly from the cold and his arms instinctively wrapped around her tighter as he whispered out, “Stay close and you shall be warm.”

            “Thank you, my lord…”

            Seohyun closed her eyes as the cold slowly started to dissipate from her body as his heat empowered it. She shifted herself closer to the male and he shifted slightly to make it more comfortable for her. Soon enough, night fell and sleep overcame her.

            “Rest well, my dear wife,” Kyuhyun whispered as he held her closer to him and closed his eyes, “Rest well for tomorrow’s battle…”