Chapter 09

My Kingdom [Conquest]

A/N: Lol, it's three in the morning, but it's a Sunday. I should really be asleep right now but I forgot to update when it just turned midnight... Enjoy~! Once again, thank you to all the readers!

-

 

 

            His eyes flew open instantly when he heard footsteps coming towards where the two were situated. He looked over at Seohyun who was still sleeping peacefully and he instinctively held her closer to him, his eyes flying over toward the open window to see any shadows passing by.

            His body tensed when he saw two soldiers stood right outside of the window causing Seohyun to stir in her sleep. She opened her eyes, her vision hazy as she looked up at Kyuhyun and could make out that he was glaring at something.

            “Lord Kyu-.”

            Kyuhyun instantly silenced her when he placed a finger on her lips. He removed his finger a second later and pointed over toward the window causing her to instantly wake up. Her body tensed as she wondered if the soldiers found them out.

            “Man, do you believe if the enemy is even here?” one soldier questioned the others as the two saw the shadow slump.

            “Who knows… What’s the kingdom called again? Sappho? Sapphine?” the other soldier joked. Kyuhyun glared but held back when Seohyun touched his arm.

            “Who cares, I just can’t believe our kingdom of Jarius is helping out this stupid kingdom of Faria,” the first soldier scoffed, “Our beastly name will be tarnished across the lands.”

            “Like we can do much,” the second mumbled, “I heard we’re helping out because our Lords will be handsomely rewarded… I hear the kingdom of Sappho has some very pretty ladies so our Lords will get them as a reward for helping.”

            “With our Lords, they’ll be sure to share, no?” the first chuckled before they heard another soldier call out from a distance, “Men! Lord Taecyeon is summoning everyone! Be at your places!”

            There was a short silence as the two watched the shadows disappear from the window and trot over to where they were designated. Seohyun removed her glance from the window and turned to look at Kyuhyun when she felt his grip around her tighten. Her eyes went wide when she saw his eyes turn into slits.

            “Those men do not even deserve to be called men,” Kyuhyun growled out, “Capturing woman as if they are nothing to them… I’ll be sure to-!”

            Her eyes softened and she placed a hand on his shoulders causing the male to break out of his little trance. His eyes softened when he looked at her as she whispered, “Lord Kyuhyun, please remain calm. We are in battle…”

            Kyuhyun nodded his head and his grip around her lessened. He turned his head away as he let her go and got up from his seating position as a blush settled on his cheeks. He walked over toward the window, crouching, as he muttered, “We shall begin the attack then. Get your bow, my lady.”

            Seohyun could only nod slowly as the cold started to seep into her. She walked slowly over to where the arrows were thrown when they suddenly entered the house and picked them up. She turned around and saw him motioning over to someone and noted it was Taemin. She took out her bow and positioned herself next to him.

            “My lady, how many arrows can you shoot at once?” Kyuhyun asked as he took out his own bow.

            Seohyun thought for a second before answering him, “Three?”

            “Perfect,” he smiled and she felt her heart flutter, “Taemin can also do the same so shooting eight altogether would be able to take one of their commanding officers down.”

            “My lord, how many can you shoot?” Seohyun asked out of curiosity.

            “Only two at the moment,” he answered with a small smile, “I am still practicing.”

            “I see…”

            “Get yourself ready,” Kyuhyun instructed as he positioned himself with two arrows strung on his bow, “They are coming.”

            Seohyun nodded and readied herself. She squinted her eyes a bit and made out a red haired boy with his bow and arrow situated two houses away from theirs. She smiled softly to herself and prepared herself when she saw a few people walk into their place.

            “Ok Taecyeon is the tallest one amongst them,” Kyuhyun commented as he adjusted his bow and two arrows, ready to shoot the man, “He is known to be very brutal in battle so taking him out will be an advantage to us.”

            Seohyun nodded softly as she adjusted her bow and three arrows as he continued, “We strike when his body is facing us, either the back or front, we strike.”

            “Men!” the two heard the taller male shout out toward his troops, “Today, we will go into battle with the kingdom of Sappho! Today, we will reign supreme and take what we will at any cost because we are the beastly men of Jarius!”

            The troops all roared in agreement and Kyuhyun could only scoff but stayed silent as Taecyeon continued with a boastful smile, “As we are helping the kingdom of Faria, both our kingdoms will reign supreme after today’s battle!”

            “Now men, let us roar into vic-!?” his sentence fell short when he felt three arrows pierce him from the front when he turned slightly.

            “Now!” Kyuhyun instructed quickly as his let go of the bowstring, the two arrows flying and hitting him square in the back. Seohyun followed quickly and the three arrows also landed on his back. The two quickly got out more arrows as they saw Taemin shooting three more arrows and the two followed afterwards.

            “My Lord!” the troops shouted out when the taller male fell to his knees. Taecyeon’s eyes looked everywhere around the village as he muttered out, “A surprise attack!?”

            He coughed up blood and yelled out in pain when the three once more shot one more round of arrows at the male. The troops all faltered as they looked at their fallen general until one soldier pointed out, “A-An arrow strike…! Everyone, there is an arrow strike!”

            Taecyeon’s eyes immediately turned to the hill and saw archers firing down at them and he growled out in frustration. He yelled out, “Do not fall back! Men of Jarius, we stay and fight until the bitter end!”

            Taecyeon started getting up from his fallen position but was struck down on his knees when more arrows started to pierce him. He looked up to see that his troops did not falter and retreat but instead started to go after them. He smiled boastfully as he whispered out, “Damn… Looks like I was outsmarted again…”

            He noticed most of his troops have already left the battlefield and suddenly he felt a blade right next to his neck, “The officers of Jarius will always be outsmarted.”

            “Heh, not like we regret it… Going straight into battle without a plan always has one good outcome or another,” Taecyeon coughed out as he closed his eyes, ready for death. Taemin glared at his back as he said in a cold tone, “Going into battle without a plan makes you, your troops and your kingdom suffer.”

            Taecyeon gave a small smirk and felt the blade cut through his neck, instantly ending his life. Taemin glared at him as he whipped his blade, the blood flying off of it. He looked up and saw some men with brown colored armor indicating they were with the kingdom of Faria.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

A/N: Just a reminder, this is a war fanfiction, people will get killed. I have no dislike or hate for any artist. ._."