Chapter 07

My Kingdom [Conquest]

A/N: Once again, thank you everyone that has read! ^^

-

 

 

            It was midday when the troops arrived at the cliff of the mountain that overlooked the abandoned village. Donghae surveyed the area and confirmed that the enemy has yet to arrive at the area. The horsemen were set aside and fed their horses while the swordsman set up a small camp. Archers were sharpening their arrows as Kyuhyun got off his horse and gave the reins over toward Donghae. He gave him instructions on what to do while Seohyun looked over at the village.

            Her eyes shifted away from the village to stare up at the sky. Her eyes went wide when she saw an arrow shoot up toward the sky and take down a sudden bird. Seohyun shifted her attention to stare at a young red haired boy with his arrow pointed upwards.

            Seohyun watched as the young boy set down his bow when Kyuhyun walked over toward him and began talking. Her curiosity perked when Kyuhyun brought the young boy over to where she was.

            “Lady Seohyun, this is Lee Taemin,” Kyuhyun introduced and the young boy bowed toward her, “He will be accompanying us to wait in the village.”

            “A pleasure to meet you,” Taemin said. He bowed over toward her while Seohyun could only nod. Kyuhyun instructed the young male to get his bow and extra arrows ready, as they would depart at that moment. Seohyun stared at him when he turned around, “My lord, where is your horse?”

            “It will be easier to take one horse,” Kyuhyun explained as he took her horses’ reins, “Having two might tip the enemy off so I will be riding with you.”

            Seohyun stared at him in shock as he swiftly mounted on her horse. The horse bucked under the weight but calmed itself when Kyuhyun pat it softly, calming it. Her body stiffened as she felt his body so close to hers, her breath short as he settled himself behind her. She gasped softly when she felt an arm wrap around her waist to keep her steady on the horse.

            “Lady Seohyun,” Kyuhyun uttered out. Seohyun opened to speak but was interrupted when Taemin appeared, “My lord, I am ready to head out.”

            Kyuhyun nodded and instructed he head out first. Seohyun looked forward as she felt his grip around her tighten before they started trotting down the mountain toward the village. It didn’t take long for the three to arrive just a few feet away from the entrance of the village.

            Kyuhyun instructed Taemin to scout the area for any enemies but keep close. Taemin nodded and left one bag of arrows with them while he scouted. Kyuhyun got off the horse first as Seohyun followed. Seohyun picked up the bag of arrows while the male went into the woods, tying the reins close near a tree. She watched as he whispered something softly toward the horse before making his way back to her.

            Kyuhyun looked over before he nodded and the two headed into the abandoned village. The chestnut haired male ordered Taemin to be two houses away and still able to see to him when they made the move. The young boy nodded and made his way to the center of the village and entered a house.

            Kyuhyun and Seohyun followed, making their way to an abandoned house. They searched for the right house to where it matched Taemin’s and Kyuhyun stopped his movements when he heard movement from one end of the village.