Disappointments

Meant It and Mean it

Sehun was late. He was almost a whole hour late. The poor girl who was standing outside their school's main hall tapped her foot and bit her lip, feeling her patience slowly draining. Her feet were aching from the black heels she was forced to wear by her mother and she was freezing in her loose white top and black jeans. It was a cold, winter's night yet she still hope that maybe he would have the heart to show up. Even though she knew it was worthless to ever think that he would come.

'Idiot...he's always going on about how much he 'loves' Yuhan but doesn't even show up to her performance.' the annoyed girl thought with a deep sigh. She was expecting this. She wasn't surprised he'd stood her up, it wasn't the first time he'd let her down and frankly she was getting used to these continuous disappointments. 

"Hye Sun!" a puffed out voice called, making the said girl spin around. Her best friend, Yuhan, was dressed in her olden timed white dress, her make-up was done perfectly and her should length brown hair was up in a loose bun, but she was out of breath from running around everywhere trying to find her. "He's obviously not coming, go inside now." Hye Sun's eyebrows furrowed as she turned to glance down the road, foolishly thinking maybe he'd come running to them. He didn't. With a bitter smile she walked towards her friend. 

"OK, let's go Juliet don't want to keep your Romeo waiting." 

"Hey, we all knew Sehun never liked romantic things, I'm pretty sure he'd hate to have to sit through the play..." Yuhan joked while patting her back gently, trying to cheer her up. Calming her down, more like.  

"He could have just called," Hye Sun muttered spitefully. Everyone knew she got angry and worked up easily but she usually gets over it quickly too, which is why Yuhan thought nothing of it. 

They walked into the huge school theater, the stage curtains drawn and nearly everyone was already in their seats. Because she'd been standing outside waiting for her -so called- best friend, all the good seats were taken and the only seat that was free was one right at the end. She instantly cursed Sehun in her head. 

"Bye, I'll go now," Yuhan said, poking Hye Sun's sides. "By the way, my brother's here, see if you can recognize him," she called with a wink before running off backstage. Hye Sun rolled her eyes and scoffed, Yuhan had always tried to hook her up with her brother -even though she never revealed who he was- but Hye Sun didn't even know his age, name or what he looked like. The only piece of information she got was 'he's a gentleman.' With another roll of her eyes, she made her way down to the seat at the end of the 5th row slowly, her eyes still lingering towards the door in search of Sehun. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats now," a teacher said through the microphone at the front. Hye Sun sighed a sigh of disappointed before taking her seat. She turned her head and caught the gaze of the man next to her. Her heart nearly jumped out of her chest when their eyes met. He was so unbelievably handsome she had to remind herself to breathe. His features weren't like Sehun's which were slightly manly, but had...slight feminine feel to them. She was so engrossed in looking into his brown, doe eyes that when he cocked his head in confusion, she jolted and immediately looked away in embarrassment. The man next to her chuckled at her reaction as she slumped in her seat, cursing at herself for getting caught checking someone out so openly. She was saved when the lights dimmed and the curtains opened, signaling the start of the play, if it hadn't have happened she was certain he would have said something to her. 

--------

'O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love and I'll no longer be a Capulet...'

Hye Sun was about to die from the amount of romance in the play, making her overflow with so many different emotions. She was so into the play that she leant as far forward as she could on her seat, making the handsome boy smile at her reactions. 

'This is so romantic!' she thought to herself, but her emotions were all painted on her face, it was no secret that she felt like melting into a puddle because of Yuhan's acting with her Romeo. They seemed so in love! 'I always thought something was going on between her and Kyungsoo...maybe that's why Sehun didn't come?' All of a sudden, her mood was ruined. This always happened, she'd be happy for a while then something stupid would pop up in her mind and destroy her short-lived happiness, sometimes she wanted to stop thinking because she always thought too much. 'For gods sake! If he really liked Yuhan he would have come anyways...and Kyungsoo's his friend too!' 

Annoyed with her constant thinking with thoughts only of Sehun and how stupid he is, she face palmed herself -which made a loud noise- and the person next to her turned his head and looked at her, a small smile visible on his lips.

'WHY CAN'T I CONTROL MY THOUGHTS?' she screamed in her brain, but there was still Sehun's stupid voice going on in her brain 'Sure, I'll go see the play with you.' Hye Sun -who was oblivious to a pair of eyes looking at her- narrowed her eyes at Yuhan and Kyungsoo who were now both standing on the balcony -made of cardboard- and they were slowly getting closer and closer. She didn't really want her friend to kiss Kyungsoo partly because it's only acting and that would be a waste of a good kiss, and if they really did like each other they might start making out on stage. But she knew it was the only way for her to become engrossed in the play again. 

 

"Come on...kiss already," she muttered under her breath. Once again she earned herself a chuckle from the person next to her, only she noticed this time. Turning her head slightly, she met his gaze -once again causing her heart to skip a beat- and cocked her head at him. When she turned back to the stage, dropped open when she realized she'd missed the kiss scene! She held back a frustrated groan and balled her fists before leaning back in her seat and resting her head back in defeat. Sehun's annoying voice filling her thoughts again. 

The man was looking at her again, a smile of amusement gracing his handsome face again as he looked at her. Suddenly, they both jolted when the armrest in between them started vibrating and making a 'zzzz' noise. He watched as she dived for her phone in her jean pocket. She saw the caller-id 'New Boy' and immediately felt like throwing the phone across the room, but refrained from doing so because Juliet was in the middle of her famous monolouge, so she just answered as calmly as she could. 

"Idiot," she said straight away in a hushed tone, causing him to chuckle. 

"Every heard of saying 'Hello' when you answer the phone?" Sehun's arrogant voice remarked, causing her to tighten her grip around her phone. 

"Why aren't you here?" she hissed under her breath, looking around to see if anyone was looking at her. Once again, the person next to her was. 

"Ah...I forgot..." he said nonchalantly. She gritted her teeth because of his words and let out a deep sigh of relief when the lights turned back on for an interval. She could be as loud as she wanted to be now. 

"Wha- were you just in the toilet?!" she exclaimed loudly after hearing the distinctive flush in the background as well the annoying creaking of Sehun's bathroom door, which she could identify because she'd been there almost a thousand times. He didn't answer and she knew it meant that it was true. "You're an idiot..." she said with a face palm. 

"Well...it's not my fault," he said. "You know I don't like romantic things and-"

"YOU COULD HAVE JUST REJECTED THE OFFER! I WAITED A WHOLE FRICKIN' HOUR FOR YOU! DON'T YOU HAVE TO DECENCY TO APOLOGIZE?!" she exclaimed, making everyone within a miles radius of her jolt by the volume of her voice and the venom in each word. But Sehun -as always- was unfazed by her yelling. 

"OK, tell Yuhan I'm sorry," he said. Hye Sun's anger reached boiling point, she felt like going to his house and strangling him with all her strength, but she was somewhat expecting him to do that. He'd never apologized to her before, even if he knew -or maybe he didn't- that he did something wrong. It was just another disappointment to add to the long list. He didn't even have the decency to call until half way through the play.

"Get that smirk off your face," she hissed, knowing just by the sound of his voice.

"How did you know?" he asked teasingly, the first few times he was generally surprised by how well she knew him...but now it just seemed like he took advantage of it. And it seemed to everyone else she cared much more for him than he did for her. "Why did you even call me?" she hissed, having enough of the stupid phone call which only made her more and more worked up. 

"Ah, I wanted to go out somewhere," she could hear him playing his video games in his room now, the casual and quiet sound of a million zombies dying as he effortlessly used his thumbs to press the keys on his controller, with that stupid yet handsome smirk on his face. She bit back a smile as memories from when they were 14 came into her head, she'd go to his house nearly everyday and sometimes played videogames, he only plays the same game because he wants to be the best at it. Though he'd changed from that loyal, sweet and funny guy she knew when they were younger, the smaller details were still the same. "It's Kris' birthday and it's huge, they're be lots of hot girls too! I need you to cover for me-" 

He was cut off by her, who'd hung up and hurriedly turned off her phone. Her smile completely disappearing into a frown. For almost the 100th time that night she turned and found the man's eyes on her again. Usually she'd have felt creeped out if someone was staring at her like that, but seeing his soft smile and kind-looking doe eyes, she couldn't help but offer him a small smile before looking away. She fiddled with her fingers awkwardly while under his gaze. 

'I swear most guys his age would have gone to Kris' 'awesome' party...why is he choosing to watch this play?' she thought to herself, for once completely trying to rid her mind of all thoughts relating to Sehun, instead she diverted her attention to the stranger next to her. She's seen him around school a lot, only from afar though, they'd never once talked to each other.

*flashback*

"Yuhan! Where do we sit?" Hye Sun asked, her tray of food in her hand as she scanned the crowded lunch hall looking for a place to sit. 

"Look! Sehun's waving to us," her best friend pointed out. In the distance, Sehun and about 10 other guys were sitting on the biggest table in the hall. The so-called male was waving frantically at them, beckoning them to his table. 

 

"He's waving to you," she pointed out, rolling her eyes as she started narrowed her eyes at Sehun. "He has enough people on that table, I'd rather sit by ourselves than with 'kingkas' or whatever he calls himself." And with that she'd her heel and started walking in the other direction. After about 3 steps, she'd crashed into someone the impact causing her to stumble back slightly. The person looked down at her with a worried look -unlike Sehun who would just tell her to stop being so clumsy all the time- and asked if she was alright. He smiled down at her before walking over to the 'kingka' table where he smiled and greeted everyone sitting there, he wasn't greeted back by Sehun because his eyes were too busy boring holes into the back of Hye Sun's head. 

 

"Hey do you know who that was?" Yuhan asked in an 'I know who he is but won't tell you' voice. But her best friend wasn't listening, instead her eyes were fixed on the back of the guy's shirt. It had 5. Red. Ducks!! 

 

"Awsome top," she muttered, her eyes shining when she saw her favourite 3 things put together. Her favourite colour, number and random addiction! "He's handsome too..."

Hye Sun's mouth fell open when she realized that the person then and the person she was sitting next to now; were the same person. Immediately, she turned to face him which took him by surprise. opened to say something to him- 

"Miss. Park Hye Sun!" someone yelled behind her, making both of them look behind her to see an absolutely furious Mrs. Lee, her Maths teacher. Hye Sun froze in her seat, she could practically see smoke coming out her teacher's ears and the background behind her had changed into a fiery volcano about to erupt! 

"M-Mrs. Lee-"

"Meet me outside, now!" she cut her off, leaving Hye Sun utterly speechless. She meekly nodded, not wanting to make her any more mad and slid out her seat before following Mrs. Lee outside the theater. 

With a cocked head, the man watched her as she walked away. 

'So her name's Hye Sun?' he thought with a smile. 'Eh, she dropped her phone...' He stooped down and picked her phone which had slipped out her pocket while she was getting up. 

"What should I do with it?" he muttered to himself, examining the phone carefully. "I'll keep it until she comes back..." he concluded, putting it in his jean pocket before settling back into his seat for the second half. 

If he had turned the phone on, he would've seen 5 missed calls from Sehun as well as one text message. 

'That's what you get for hanging up on me kekeke :P'

 

A/N- Yay! First offical chapter lol ^^  You'll find out what Sehun did in the next chapter but it had something to do with why Mrs. Lee was angry lol XD and yes, the guy in the lunch hall and who sat next to her was Luhan ;) 

comments are appreciated, subbies are loved ^^