Brief

Meant It and Mean it

“Unnie,” Hana said with a sigh, her voice quiet enough to almost be muffled by the sound of leather against a young girl, divebombing onto the cushions. Not even a humming sound of approval could be heard from the girl laying across the couch opposite. After moments of silence and an unreplied to sentence hanging in the air she tried again. “Unnie!”

“Yah, Hye Sun,” Yuhan joined in, furrowing her brows when she saw how concentrated her friend was...in staring at her hand. After taking off her shoes in the doorway, she too ran over to the set of couches. 

“What...?” the absent word left her tongue. She wasn't even going to listen to what they were going to say next. Her intense gaze was still resting on her right arm, stretched out in front of her. Her eyes traced over every bump and crease of her hand, but always landed on the silver bracelet around her wrist, completely -and regrettably- disregarding the gummy ring clinging onto her finger. 

“Do you think Sehun likes me back?” She couldn't explain why, but Hye Sun suddenly felt her heat sinking to the very pits of her stomach. Suddenly she wasn't so focused on the simple piece of jewelry anymore. 

“What makes you say that?” Hye Sun asked, though fully aware of the threatening glare getting thrown at her by her best friend. Mouthing to her friend to 'calm her ' she returned her attention to the younger girl, who was now blushing like a tomato. 

“Well, you know when we had that assembly about trust and all that ? And when they showed us a video from Titanic when Rose trusted Jack and said she was flying? Yeah, Sehun was looking at me because he thought my reaction to the romance was cute.”

Ouch. That seemed familiar.

Trying to prevent the hurt from showing on her face, Hye Sun forced a smile. Thinking of this gesture as a confirmation of her undivided attention, the chatty girl carried on talking and talking. Every single one of her heartfelt words making the irritation build up inside of the older girl. With gritted teeth she just tried to ignore the constricting of her chest. Nodding her head and humming absently, she hoped maybe Hana would get the hint to stop. 

“He's so hot-”

Ok. That's it.

“Shut up, Hana. I honestly don't care.” Though it was meant to be said as nicely as possible, it certainly didn't sound anything like it.  

“Why are you getting so annoyed?” was her reply. 

“Because you talk about him 24/7!”

'How stupid do you have to be to not know the answer to that question?'

“You never minded when I had crushes on other boys and I talked about them all the time-”

“Well-”

“Just 'cos you love Sehun-”

“And if I did?” Hye Sun bellowed over the high pitched voice. Hana suddenly closed and stayed silent. “If I did still have those feelings for Sehun, do you honestly think I'd just want to sit here and listen to you obsessing over him?”

And the conversation ended there.

~~~~~

Two pairs of footsteps could be heard on the pavement, fast and lively.

This is the first time a guy's ever given me something,” the young girl said cheerily, too focused on eating -the precious- tub of ice cream to notice the ugly look of jealousy distorting the other's face. Ok, maybe she did notice.

I've given you something before!” the boy whined, a pout forming on his thin lips. 

What? A headache?” She earned herself a laugh, but it was only there to distract her as he fumbled around with his pockets, searching for something. But it would've taken much more than a simple laugh to avert her attention. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he brought out a silver thing out his back pocket. 

"What's that...?" she asked, clear excitement in her voice. She knew exactly what it was and judging by the look in her eyes; she was ecstatic.

Hye Sun looked down at the simple bracelet and couldn't stop the bright smile from illuminating her face. Sehun apologized for the boringness of the design, reasoning that it was the closest thing within his price range and that it was better than the one that had the words, 'may the odds be ever in your favor'. Hye Sun begged to differ. Nonetheless she still thanked him with a beam.

See isn't that better than an ice cream?” he asked after helping her with the clasp. His stared proudly at the wrist that the bracelet dangled loosely off of. 

Sure it is. But he was still cuter...I've always wanted to go out with a younger guy...” Resuming with their normal teasing, she smiled at the thought but kept her eyes glued to the strip of metal. It caught the light and made sunrays bounce off it, as if the beams were dancing along to the tune of her joy. 

Hey, if I was younger than you, would you like me?”

'Here we go again,' she thought with an affectionate roll of her eyes. 

Sehun...if you're trying to ask me out, do it properly.”

Ok, will you go out with me.”

Pause. Awkward laugh.

Why don't you go through puberty first and then ask me again?”

Hye Sun groaned and brought the extended hand down to rest against her body on the soft mattress. Turning herself she groaned as the piece of metal she'd been staring at unconsciously dug into her skin under the pressure, begging for more attention. On the same hand was the very bracelet she'd received 6 years ago -and worn for everyday since- and the haribo ring on her fourth finger. It was starting to melt due to her body heat but she couldn't even bring herself to take it off.

'Yuhan will probably eat it when I'm asleep...' she thought, turning her head to the side. Her gaze fell on the two sleeping figures on the ground next to her bed, resting peacefully on an air bed. But her eyes only lingered on them for about 3 seconds before her attention was brought to her beeping phone.

From: Luhannie <3

See you at the party tomorrow ^3^ you must be tired from today, but deal with it for me? I'm turning 18 soon, you better get me a good present!

I love you :)

That night, Hye Sun slept without her bracelet on. Her phone pressed against her chest as she slept with a smile on her face.

A/N- I haven't updated in ages -.- but I hope you liked this ^^ this was mainly just to introduce Luhan's party lol and act as a filler chapter. I've realized how in the good portion of 10 chapters this plot line had been going nowhere so when Luhan's party comes around they'll be like a plot twist and yes - it'll lead onto the sequel ^^ see you next chapter <3 I promise it'll come sometime within the next week...I hope :3

 

Please subscribe, upvote and comment <3