Fireworks

Meant It and Mean it

Hand in hand. Footsteps in sync. Warmth radiating from one body to another. It looked so perfect, but it felt so wrong.

Hye Sun couldn't help but feel as if she was committing a crime. She tried hard to ignore the discomfort inside her and painted a permanent smile on her face, looking up at the older man who made her heart race erratically yet felt so distant. Letting out a breath and resisting the urge to punch the girl who was overusing aegyo behind them, Hye Sun frowned.

It wasn't him that was distant, it was her. 

“Sehunnie oppa!” a high, perky voice yelped.

'No doubt she's clinging onto his arm and smiling stupidly at him,' and after she'd thought that, Hye Sun asked herself when she became so bitter. 'He's probably ignoring the innocence in it and just enjoying the way her s rub against his arm- I'm going to hell.' 

Even the darkening night couldn't stop her from seeing how Hana clung onto Sehun, 'disgustingly,' and the crowd full of of people walking from stall to stall in the school grounds couldn't stop her from noticing how Sehun didn't push her away. 

Luhan was rambling on about how hard preparing for the college exam was and how nervous he was -well you can't really blame him- and Hye Sun felt so guilty when she realized she hadn't even been listening. He'd brought her to their school's firework show for a date and she'd agreed because he needed a rest from sleepless nights as well as pages after pages of revision. But ever since being 'surprised' by the fact that he'd brought along his friends she couldn't focus on the date anymore.

His friends meant Sehun. Sehun meant Hana. Hana and Sehun seemed to lead to discomfort.

Only when Luhan turned to face her did she come back to reality. 

“I'm going to the restroom, be back soon,” he said with a wink. It felt like it had taken an excruciating long period of time for her boyfriend to let go of her hand and she found that she missed the warmth it had given her.

Her hands didn't use to be cold all the time like they seemed to be now, but ever since she started dating Luhan the warmth seemed to leave her fingers. It wasn't that they'd gotten colder by themselves; they stayed the same temperature. It just felt weird whenever their fingers weren't entwined. She missed his hand in hers. 

'Stupid...' she said to herself, realizing how cold the night really was without Luhan by her side. 

“Unnie!” Hana's overly hyped up voice resounded in her ear, making her jolt. “Sehun oppa is so hot today!” Suppressing the urge to roll her eyes, Hye Sun smiled. A fake smile that was so painfully obvious, yet believable enough for the younger girl not to notice.

“Han-”

“Hye Sun!” that deep, derpy voice called to her and a chorus of laughter from the rest of the group could be heard too. When she whipped her head around, she saw that cute face with dorky, monkey ears who she had claimed -time and time again- did not match his manly voice. But he'd always reason that it was his charm and she couldn't argue with his statement. 

"What, Chanyeol?" the said boy beckoned her over with his exaggerated, bright smile and twitching eye.

“What...” she trailed off. Onlookers knew at once it was because of the way all eleven boys, who had previously huddled together in a group, parted in the middle, revealing a doe eyed boy, grinning cheesily at the wide eyed girl. 

“Hey...” Luhan said bashfully once he'd walked towards her. Hye Sun cocked her head slightly, only to have her confused face melt into a dazzling smile.

He'd slowly brought a jelly, haribo ring out of his pocket and looked up at her innocently. As he proceeded to lower his right knee -edging ever so closer to a puddle- Hye Sun was about to die of laughter.

Everyone was staring at them sweetly, even elderly people and parents. Well, all of them save from that tall, blonde boy who was staring at them, expressionless. Had he not been standing behind her, she would have looked his way and been able to decipher the look in his eyes, behind the heavily painted mask that only she could see past.

Luhan finally knelt down, in a reasonably deep puddle, and asked her if she'd 'marry him'. All the romance was kicked to the curb due to the group of friends surrounding them, saying -not so innocent- things, and the 'bride to be' laughing her head off, nodding her head and just saying yes for the sake of it. With a heart stopping smile, Luhan slid the ring -red and white, just like she liked it, had it been orange she would have never said yes- onto her slim finger and kissed her forehead affectionately. 

“Are you drunk?” she asked, looking up at him once he'd pulled away. The corners of her lips were still curved up. 

“Maybe.” he replied with a shrug. As if he'd not been spontaneous enough, he offered his hand with a cheeky grin, “dance with me.”

“There's no music playing...”

“Then it's all the more better.”

'This...' she thought as she slipped her hand in his again, 'is what I need.' 

And it would be in times like this -when Hye Sun was too busy thinking about you-know-who to pay any attention to her boyfriend, who'd end up doing something that would make her smile which would make her forget- when she gets reminded just how much Luhan means to her. 

As they swayed to the silent orchestra playing in the back of their minds Hye Sun felt her heart beating faster as his hands s around her waist. It would be like this. He would distract her from her own thoughts, but it would never last too long. But as Luhan smiled at her with the sweetest smile in the world before crashing his lips down onto hers Hye Sun could only kiss back, conveying her feelings of gratitude and guilt. Gratitude for being her savior whenever she needed him the most but guilt for feeling like she was just using him. 

Bang! Boom! 

Fireworks exploded everywhere as she closed her eyes and leaned into him. This is what fireworks are. Not those artificial creations of chemicals which make Hye Sun wonder if it's even ok for the planet and all that . The simple racing of their hearts, little shocks of everything going off in their bodies and the wall that would even block out thoughts of Sehun.

A/N- sometimes even I can't decide who to ship...so I made a chapter for everyone who ships LuSun <3 :3 anyway hope it was ok. 

50+ subs ^^ thank you and I love you guys <3 I will try to update more frequently 

Please comment, subscribe and upvote <3