Baby Come Back

Baby Come Back
Song List: Haru Haru (Big Bang)    
Run (P!nk)



 "You messed up Ji. You messed up real bad" Jiyong chuckled to himself. 
 
        He sat in his room, the lights off. He raked a hand through his hair and sighed. How long had it been? Three months? No, it had been six months since he had been truly happy. 
 
        It had been six long months of regret and drinking his life away. His only source of happiness was gone. She had left him. His Ashley. After that stupid mistake he had made, she had called it quits, took her things, and left. 
 
        He didn't blame her though. He hadn't been the best boyfriend the last few months they had been together.  
 
        Kwon Jiyong had always been the type of guy that was invited to parties every weekend during his high school days. That didn't change as he got older and entered college. There was a party every weekend and he was always invited.  
 
        He loved to party. He enjoyed it. Of course being a party animal had it's consequences. His grades were dropping and his instructors warned him that if he didn't get his act together, he would be dropped from his classes. 
 
        So in order to pull up his grades, he decided to take a weekend away from partying and headed to the library on a lovely Friday night. Even if he didn't want to admit it, he was thankful that his instructors were giving him the chance to pull his grades up. 
 
        Entering the library, Jiyong made his way to a table in the back, fully intending on working alone.  
 
        He stopped shortly though, seeing someone already at the table he had in mind.  
         
        Ashley Mullins. She was a foreign exchange student from North America. She wanted to teach English here in Seoul and saw it as a perfect opportunity to attend Seoul University. 
 
        Jiyong stared, debating on whether or not if he should ask to sit with her or find another table to sit at. He really wanted that table though.  
 
        Making up his mind, he headed towards her. 
 
        Reaching the table, he cleared his throat and Ashley looked up. 
 
        Her eyes widened and he had to bite back a smirk.  
 
        "Typical female." He thought. They were all the same when they saw him. 
 
        Smiling at her, he leaned forward. "May I sit here, Ashley-sii?" He spoke in perfect English to her. 
 
        Ashley smiled slightly, quirking a brow at him. "Just because I'm American doesn't mean you have to speak English to me. You can speak Korean." She nodded at him. "I don't care if you sit here. Just don't bother me while I work." 
 
        She looked back down at her work, while Jiyong openly started at her in shock. He had expected her to flirt with him, not to pretty much brush him off. 
 
        Slightly miffed by her non-existent attention to his being, he pulled out the seat across from her and sat down.  
 
        Pulling out his books, he began to work as well.  
 
        Ten minutes within working on Biology he sighed and looked at the girl across from him. He eyed her as she worked. She seemed to be concentrating hard on what she was looking at and Jiyong smirked finding the way her brows furrowed together cute.  
 
        Staring at her, Jiyong wondered why he had never noticed her before. She was pretty, but she wasn't exactly his type. He liked girls that loved to party like him and she didn't seem like the type.  
 
        She obviously wasn't. He scoffed. She was in a library on a Friday night, but then again so was he.  
 
        She must have felt him looking at her, for she looked up and glared. "Well I help you Jiyong-ssi?" 
 
        "I was just wondering why you are in the library on a Friday night." 
 
        Ashley frowned. "I have work to do." She motioned to the papers on front of her. "What about you?" 
 
        Jiyong chuckled. "Same reason, but it's not like I want to be here. I have to be here. I could be out having fun, but instead I'm here in this awful place." He frowned. "I could be out at a party right now." 
 
        "Then why aren't you?" 
 
        "Because if I don't do these assignments, I'll fail. You don't want that to happen, now do you?" 
 
        Ashley glared at him. "Excuse me Jiyong-ssi but I really don't care what you do. Your life is not my business. Now if you'll excuse me, I really need to work on this." 
 
        She looked back down at her papers, fully intending to ignore Jiyong. 
 
        Jiyong stared at her, shocked. No girl had never cared about him. He was freaking Kwon Jiyong, known by his friends as G-Dragon. Everywhere he went guys wanted to be him and girls wanted to be with him. Never in his life had someone straight up had the guts to say they didn't care about what he did. Never in his life was he so blown off by a girl. 
 
        He sat, his assignments forgotten, as he stared at the girl across from him. Why was he so affected by what she said? Why did it bother him so much? 
 
        Ashley fidgeted in her seat slightly. She could feel Jiyong's eyes on her. Her grip on her pencil tightened. Why the heck did he have to sit here with her? There were plenty of other tables in the library. 
 
        With a scowl, she looked up and snapped. "Is there something wrong with you? Why do you keep staring at me? I don't like it, so stop! 
 
        Jiyong's eyes slightly widened and for a second Ashley hoped that her outburst had freaked him out enough for him to leave. He didn't though. Instead a grin formed on his face. 
 
        He chuckled and Ashley stared at him, confused. 
 
        "What's so funny?" 
 
        Her question only had him laughing more and it pissed her off. 
 
        After a few seconds passed, Jiyong stopped laughing and looked at her. He looked amused and the twinkle in his eye, didn't help the uneasy feeling in her stomach.  
 
        "I like you." He said. 
 
        Ashley blinked. "Wha..." 
 
        Jiyong quickly cut her off, raising a hand. "Don't take it the wrong way." 
 
        Ashley glared at him. 
 
        "I mean I like you enough to consider you someone to give my time to." He smirked at her. 
 
        Ashley scowled. "I don't want your time. Take it back." 
 
        Jiyong grinned. "See that's why I like you." He stood up, grabbing his things. "I hate to end our little date here, but I do need to go." 
 
        "YES!" Ashley inwardly cheered. 
 
        "Wait... what!? This wasn't a date!"  
 
        Jiyong chuckled. "Until next time, Ashley." He began walking away, but stopped shortly.  
 
        Looking over his shoulder, he called out to her. "We're friends now, so call me Jiyong Oppa!"  
 
        With a wave he was out the door, before she could retort. 
 
        Wait... what was that? What just happened? Ashley wanted to sink in her seat, as the people at other tables began to whisper to each other about what just happened. 
 
        Why did Jiyong have to go and do that? And what did he mean by they were now friends? 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 
        "Wait! The Kwon Jiyong sat with you, tormented you, and then announced to the library that you were now his friend?" 
 
        Ashley sighed and murmured a yes. She had called her friend, Alex up after she had left the library and made it back to her apartment.  
 
        Just like her, Alex was a foreign exchange student living here in Seoul. The two girls had been sharing an apartment together, until Alex's boyfriend Seungri asked her to move in with him.  
 
        Of course Alex didn't want to leave Ashley alone and had said no to Seungri. Ashley though told her she would be okay and so Alex moved in with her boyfriend.  
 
        Even thought they weren't sharing an apartment anymore, it didn't stop them from hanging out and calling each other when ever they could. 
 
        "Wow... you know Seungri Oppa's friends with him, right?" Alex asked. 
 
        "What? I didn't know Ri Oppa knew him." 
  
        "Yep, Jiyong Oppa comes over sometimes and they hang out. He's actually a pretty good guy once you get to know him." 
 
        Ashley scoffed. "He didn't seem all that good or great to me." 
 
        Sighing she laid down on her bed, hugging a pillow to her chest. "I just don't see what his fan girls see." 
 
        "Hey! I use to be one of those fan girls!" 
 
        Ashley laughed. She could practically hear the pout in Alex's voice. 
 
        "I'm sorry. I guess I forgot. After you got with Seungri Oppa, I forgot about the other guys you liked." 
 
        "Yeah it's just him now. But we aren't talking about me. We are talking about you and Jiyong Oppa." 
 
        "There is no Jiyong-ssi and I."  
 
        Alex giggled. "But there could be. You must have made a huge impact on him for him to announce outloud like that, that you two were friends." 
 
        "I wasn't trying to make an impact on him. I was trying to get him to leave. I had work to do and he was bothering me." 
 
        "Even so, you made an impact and now you two are friends." 
 
        Ashley groaned. "No, I don't want to be friends with him. Hopefully he was just being a jerk and kidding about it. Hopefully he won't say anything to me in class on Monday." 
 
        Sitting up, she frowned. "I don't want to talk about him anymore. Tell me about how your day went." 
 
        Listening to Alex talked about her day, Ashley was able to push the thoughts of Jiyong aside. 
 
        For the remainder of the night and into the early morning, she talked with Alex before heading onto bed. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 
        The weekend flew by and before Ashley knew it, it was already Monday. Her first class of the day was at ten in the morning. 
 
        Waking up at eight, she got ready and had some breakfast, before heading out the door to walk to school. 
 
        Her thoughts went back to the conversation she had with Alex Friday night, along with Jiyong's words.  
 
        Friends. 
 
        Over her dead body would she be friends with someone like him. He was nothing but a play boy.  
 
        With angry steps, she found herself at the school gates and she saw the one person she didn't want to see. 
 
        Kwon Jiyong was standing there, his fangirls around him giggling and whispering. He looked up, when she came in view and smirked at her. 
 
        "I was waiting for you." 
 
        Ashley scowled and Jiyong's fangirls shot her a dirty look. 
 
        Jiyong stepped forward.  
 
        "Let's walk to class." He offered her his arm. 
 
        Ashley ignored him and walked on by. 
 
        Around her, she could hear Jiyong's fangirls gasp in shock. 
 
        "She just ignored our Jiyong Oppa." 
         
        "Who does she think she is?" 
 
        "What does Jiyong Oppa see in her?" 
 
        Shaking her head, Ashley quickened her steps.  
 
        "Hey! Wait!" Jiyong yelled, catching up to her. He fell in step beside her. "Are you alright? You look mad. Is it because of my fangirls? If it is, ignore them. They don't know what they're talking about." 
 
        Stopping, Ashley turned to him. "Yes I'm mad, but it's not because of your stupid fangirls. I'm mad because of you. We aren't friends, so why are you messing with me?" She poked him hard in the chest. 
 
        Jiyong chuckled, crossing his arms. "We are friends. Remember I told you Friday that I like you. That makes us best friends." He grinned at her. 
 
        Throwing her hands up in the air, Ashley stepped back and cried out frustration. She turned around and headed into the classroom.  
 
        Jiyong was right behind her though. The seats weren't assigned in the class, so the students sat anywhere they wanted.  
 
        Ashley took a seat in the back, and of course Jiyong sat right next to her. She looked at him. "That seat is already taken." 
 
        Jiyong frowned. "By who?" 
 
        "My friend. He sits there." 
 
        Jiyong's eyes narrowed. "What friend?" 
 
        "Ah, Ashley you didn't save my seat for me." 
 
        Looking up, Ashley offered a soft smiled. "Sorry T.O.P Oppa, but someone won't move from it." 
 
        Choi Seunghyun, known as T.O.P, by his friends was Ashley's best male friend at the school. The two had become friends straight away when Ashley couldn't find her class on her first day and he had helped her.  
 
        Since then, they were always seen around each other. Some students thought they were dating, but both Ashley and T.O.P laughed about that. They were strictly friends. 
 
        T.O.P's eyes moved to the person that was in his seat, and they narrowed slightly. "Ah, Jiyong, I didn't know you knew Ashley." 
 
        Jiyong smiled a fake smile. "Of course I do Hyung. Ashley and I are really good friends. She's actually tutoring me and I'm paying her for it." 
 
        "What?! We aren't friends and I'm not tutoring you. T.O.P Oppa don't listen to him. He's crazy." 
 
        Jiyong laughed. "Ashley's always like this with me. It's sort of our thing, pretending that we don't know each other." 
 
        Ashley glared at him. "There is no thing." She hissed. 
 
        She turned back to T.O.P and silently pleaded with him to save her from this imp. 
 
        Of course the teacher had to walk in for class to start. T.O.P sighed and made his way to take another seat, near the front of the room, right next to Park Bom. 
 
        Ashley sighed. As the teacher taught them, she looked out of the corner of her eye at Jiyong.  
 
        He actually looked like he was paying attention. He was even taking notes. 
 
        As if feeling her eyes on him, he looked up and over at her and smirked. 
 
        Ashley found her face flushing and mentally slapped herself for reacting like that to him. She had just been shocked by the fact that he was paying attention in class. It wasn't like she was checking him out. He probably thought that was the case though. 
 
        Scowling, she took her notes and waited for the two hour class to end. 
 
        As soon as it was over, she gathered her things and stood up. She expected to see T.O.P waiting for her, but instead he was heading out the door with Park Bom.  
 
        Frowning, she turned to see Jiyong waiting for her instead. "What do you want?" 
 
        "Come on, let's go have lunch."  
 
        Grabbing her hand and not listening to her protests, he dragged her out of the classroom. 
 
        "I know a nice cafe we can eat at. It's only a five minute walk and your next class isn't until one right?" 
 
        Ashley had given up, trying to pull her hand away from his and instead followed behind. She stared at him. How did he know what time her next class was? Was he stalking her? 
 
        "Yeah it's at one."  
 
        Jiyong smiled and pulled her into the cozy, little cafe he had been talking about. He led her to a table in the back, pulling out the chair for her.  
 
        She took her seat and he did the same across from her. "What are you doing?" She asked. 
 
        "What do you mean?" 
 
        "I mean why are you trying to be my friend." 
 
        Looking at her from across the table, Jiyong smiled softly. "I already told you. I like you. We're friends."  
 
        Thoughts formed in Ashley's mind, but no matter how she tried to say them, she couldn't. The words of friends rang in her ears and she could vaguely hear Jiyong ordering and then ordering for her as well. 
 
        Finally finding her voice, she spoke up. "Why me?" 
 
        Jiyong blinked, surprised. "Why you?" 
 
        "Yes. Why me? Why be my friend? I'm not the type of girl you hang around." 
 
        Leaning forward slightly, Jiyong rested his head in his hand, as he leaned his elbow on the table. He gazed at her. 
         
        Ashley shifted slightly under his gaze. She felt like he was examining her. 
 
        "You may not be, but I like you for you. I like how you rejected me. Of course I'm was disappointed that you blew me off at first, but then I liked it. I like that you aren't like the other girls. I like you." He smiled at her. 
 
        Ashley opened , quickly shutting it as the waitress came back to their table with their orders. She placed their food down and Ashley looked at what Jiyong had ordered for her.  
 
        She blushed, looking back up and Jiyong smirked, winking at her. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
        After the trip to the cafe, Ashley realized she just couldn't get rid of Jiyong. He was serious about being her friend.  
 
        In her classes, he sat right beside her. He even went to the library, which shocked her. It seemed he was concentrating more on his studies, as he began to stop going to some of the parties he was invited to. 
 
        He was seen hanging out with her, which of course caused rumors. That of course caused angry fangirls. Jiyong thankfully dealt with them, letting them know that Ashley was his friend and that she was to be treated kindly. 
 
        She was shocked when he said that to them. Even they were shocked, but they did listen to their Oppa and treated her kindly. 
 
        Not only did she see him at school, but she started to see him when she would visit Alex. He would be at the apartment she shared with Seungri. 
 
        The first time she saw him there, he was the shocked one and about stalking him. She quickly shut him up, by explaining that Alex was her friend and she didn't know that he was friends with Seungri. He laughed at her and she was seated right across from him at dinner. 
 
        Begrudgingly, she had to admit that he wasn't all that bad. He was a pretty cool guy to hang out with. He was funny and she often found herself laughing at something he said. 
 
        With a fond smile, she shifted her groceries in her arms, making her way to her apartment. She had been out of a few things and had ran to the store a block over.  
 
        Making a right turn down a short cut to get to her apartment faster, she could hear men singing gawkily from afar. She narrowed her eyes to see three of them walking towards her way, while holding each other with a bottle of liquor in each hand. 
 
        She looked down as she neared them, hoping they wouldn't notice her. Their stench filled her senses and she made a face, quickening her pace and holding her breath. 
 
        Passing them, she smiled, content that they hadn't noticed her and continued through the short cut way.... 
 
        …but then she suddenly felt a tight grip on her arm. 
 
        “You seem lost, sweetie.” Ashley turned around to see one of the three drunken men smugly grinning at her as he pulled her closer to his body. 
 
        “I’m not.” She bluntly replied, roughly pulling away from his hold. She was about to turn and walk away as fast as she could but two of his friends blocked her way with the same smugged grins.  
 
        Scowling, she tried to move past them. One of them reached out and grabbed her by the shoulders, giving her a push. She fell back into the man at her back. He placed his arm around her shoulders and leaned down to beside her face, his foul breath entering her nose. 
 
        “Well, you sure seem lost to me." He smirked at her and she cringed in disgust. 
 
        “Then you’re an idiot.” Ashley sneered, trying to pull away from him but his other arm suddenly wrapped around her waist along with her arms and pulled her closer to him. His arm that was around her shoulders circled around her neck to prevent her from struggling too much but that didn’t stop her as she tried stepping on his foot but he barely winced. 
 
        “Man, we got ourselves a little firecracker!” One of his friends chuckled. 
 
        “Stop moving so much, baby.” The man behind her chuckled as he tightened his hold around her. “We just want to have some little fun with you. Is that so wrong?” 
 
        “Let go of me, you jerks!” Ashley yelled. “Let go of me or you’ll regret it!” 
 
        “Regret it? What are you going to do?” He taunted back and tightened his grip around her waist.  
 
Ashley's eyes widened and she struggled harder as he slid his hand up her shirt. The man behind her simply chuckled and pressed his lips to her neck.  
 
        Gross!  She had to get out of here! She stopped moving when she felt something wet and soft caress her neck and he realized that he was her. 
 
        “Stop that!” She yelled louder, trying to move her head away but he just held her in place and bit her neck, causing her to yelp in surprise.  
 
        “I said let me go!" 
 
         She quickly realized that his friends were slowly advancing forward and leaned down and bit the guy's arm around her neck as hard as she could. He screamed in pain and loosened his hold around her. Taking this opportunity, she pushed the two men out of her way and ran away.  
 
        Her hopes of freedom were dashed as she was soon pinned down on the ground with one of the men on top of her. 
 
        She began to scream as loud as she could but that was shortly stopped when she felt his hand cover . 
 
        “Shut up before I hurt you!" He hissed. Tears at the corners of her eyes, Ashley bit his hand and he cursed, grabbing a hold of hair. 
 
        “Don’t do that, do you hear me?” He screeched, tightening his hold on her hair as she yelped in pain.  
 
        Something cold and metallic touch her neck and she realized that he was holding a knife against her. “Scream or bite again, and you’re losing your voice.”  
 
        Ashley could feel tears escaping her eyes as he got off her, pulling her up by the arms, the knife never leaving her neck.  
 
        “P... Please…" Ashley sobbed. “…Just please… let me go…” 
 
        “Not so tough anymore, huh?” the man taunted, pressing his cheek against hers. His friends around him laughed.  
 
        Her arms were pulled back and she felt something cold surround her wrists, followed by a loud click. A feeling of dread filled her up as she realized that they had handcuffed her.  
 
        Crying out as she was grabbed by her hair, her head was pulled back and the man behind her began to blindfold her. 
 
        "We can't have you seeing where we are taking you."  
 
        Finishing tying the blindfold tightly, he leaned and pressed a kiss to her neck, his hands on her hips. 
 
        "Are you scared, sweetie?" 
 
        Ashley sobbed, not answering. What was the point of answering them anyway. His hands left her hips and she suddenly heard a sound, as something heavy dropped to the ground. She heard a gasp of surprise from the other two men and then suddenly.... 
 
        .... silence. 
 
        She strained her ears, trying to hear what was going on. Did they leave? What happened? 
 
        She flinched, surprised when a gentle hand touched her wrists, where the handcuffs were. She felt them being removed and wondered if they were changing their minds and letting her go. 
 
        With the handcuffs off, the hand came up and removed the blindfold. Ashley opened her eyes and gasped in shocked at seeing Jiyong in front of her. A look of concern clearly on his face. 
 
        Looking past him, she could see the three men knocked out. With a sob, she threw her arms around Jiyong's neck, burying her face into his shoulder. 
 
        She had been so scared that she was going to be hurt by those men, but Jiyong saved her. His arms were around her body, holding her in his embrace. 
 
        He caressed her hair, hushing her cries. "Please don't cry, Ashley…” He whispered. “…I won't let them hurt you anymore…” 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
        Sunlight steamed through the blinds and Ashley woke up in an unfamiliar bed. Sitting up in the black, satin sheets she looked around, eyes wide. 
 
        Memories of last night came back to her and she gripped at the sheets with her fists, remembering how close she came to being . If Jiyong hadn't come in time...  
 
        .... JIYONG! 
 
        This must be his room. He must have taken her to his house she realized. If she was in his room, then where was he? 
 
        A delicious smell waft through the house and into the room.  
 
        Sliding off of the bed, her feet hit the cold floor and cautiously she padded out of the room and down the hall, coming upon the kitchen. She peeked inside and was surprised to see Jiyong standing at the stove, his to her.  
 
        A dark blush covered her cheeks at seeing his slightly, muscular back and the tattoos that decorated his body.         
 
        He was humming as he cooked and didn't seem to notice her presence as she stepped into the kitchen. She decided to get his attention and cleared . Jiyong looked over his shoulder and smiled. 
 
        "Ah, you're awake. Take a seat. Breakfast is almost ready." 
 
        "Actually I... um... I should probably go..." 
 
        Jiyong shook his head, turning back to the stove. "Nonsense. You don't have class today. Stay and eat." 
 
        Knowing it was pointless to argue with the stubborn man, Ashley made her way over to the dining table and took a seat. She watched as Jiyong finished up what he was doing, turning off the stove. He grabbed two plates and carried them to the table, sitting one in front of her. Ashley looked down.  
 
        An omelette? 
 
        He had made her an omelette.  
 
        She smiled, looking at him and Jiyong smiled back. 
 
        "Coffee?" 
 
        "Yes please." 
 
        Getting himself a cup of coffee, along as hers, he came and joined her at the table. 
 
        "Well go a head and eat." He laughed. 
 
        Grabbing her fork, Ashley cut into the omelette and brought a piece to . Her eyes widened in surprise and she looked at the man across from her, who was sipping his coffee.  
 
        "You can really cook!" 
 
        Jiyong pouted. "Of course I can. I just don't live on my looks ya know." 
 
        Ashley laughed. 
 
        Jiyong's face softened as he stared at her. "I'm glad that I could make you laugh. After what happened..." 
 
        "I don't want to talk about it." Ashley cut him off. "But I will say this, thank you for your help Jiyong Oppa." She smiled, softly. 
 
        Jiyong beamed, a huge grin breaking out across his face. "You called me Jiyong Oppa!" 
 
        Ashley blinked. "I... I guess I did." She then scowled. "Yah! Don't think anything of it!" 
 
        "You called me Jiyong Oppa! You called me Jiyong Oppa!"  
 
        Ashley wanted to sink in her seat as Jiyong pranced around the kitchen, singing.  
 
        "Yah! Sit down will you! Your food's going to get cold!" 
 
        "You called me Jiyong Oppa!" 
 
        "Yah!" She groaned, dropping her face into her arms as Jiyong continued to dance around her. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
        After the incident, Jiyong didn't let Ashley walk to her house alone. Instead he accompanied her. She had at first protested, but with his stubbornness, she still find herself being walked home by him. 
 
        Not only that, but he seemed to be over at her apartment whenever he had the chance. He at first used school work as an use, but Ashley knew he was lying. His grades were up and he didn't need her help. 
 
        He then admitted that he wanted to hang out with her and that's why he was at her apartment, instead of at a party. She had been shocked at his words, but at the same time she felt a little special that he said that to her. 
 
        Before she knew it, Ashley realized that she had known Jiyong for almost going on a year now. The childish man had become an important part of her life.  
 
        But as their friendship grew, so did her feelings for him. She had tried to stop herself from developing feelings, not wanting to be like the other girls he had been with, but she couldn't win over her heart. 
 
        So what did she decide to do. She decided to avoid Jiyong. If she saw him coming her way, she would go the other way. She purposely made sure to be almost late for class, so that way she wouldn't have to sit beside him. When class ended, she would run out the room before he could reach her. Everywhere she went, she avoided him like the plague.  
 
        She knew she had to stay clear of him. She couldn't let her feelings ruin their friendship. She had only confided to two people about Jiyong. That was Alex and T.O.P. Alex had been so happy of course when she said she might possibly have a crush on Jiyong.  
 
        T.O.P, on the other hand, had been completely miffed. He couldn't believe why she would even like Jiyong. Yes, he had respected her weird, new friendship with him, but having feelings for him was wrong. He told her straight up he didn't approve. That of course resulted in a fight between them and now they weren't on speaking terms. 
 
        Sighing, Ashley looked left and right down the hall before making her way into the school's library. It was a Monday and she had decided to stay after school to work on an assignment. She headed to the back, satisfied that there were no other students in the library at this time. This meant she could work in peace. 
 
        Also she realized there was no sign of Jiyong. She had been doing a good job of avoiding him lately. Smiling, she set to work, headphones in her ears and music playing. 
 
        About half way through the hour, she laid her pencil down. She realized she needed a book. It wouldn't be to hard to find the book she needed for her assignment. She was in the library often and she knew where the book she needed was.  
 
        Removing her headphones, she stood up from the table, stretched and headed further towards the back, among the rows of books on shelves.  
 
        Finding her book she smiled, reaching out for it, when a hand came in view and covered it. Her eyes widened and she slowly turned to see the one person she had been avoiding for the past few weeks. 
 
        She gasped as his other hand came up and he enclosed her with his arms. His eyes had an angry look to them as he looked at her, but she could also see sorrow in the depths. 
 
        "Ashley, why are you avoiding me?" 
 
        "Wha... wha.. what?! Avoiding you? Where do you get that idea?" 
 
        "Don't play dumb with me! I know you are avoiding me!" He harshly whispered. She flinched slightly and his eyes softened. He lowered his voice. "Did I do something wrong? Please tell me Ashley. What did I do? Whatever I did I'll fix it. Just tell me." 
 
        Ashley shook her head, looking away. She just couldn't tell him what was bothering her. 
 
        His hands moved from the books and he gripped her shoulders, a pained expression on his face.  
 
        "Please Ashley! What did I do wrong?" 
 
        Seeing him like this, something inside of her broke. "You want to know what you did wrong?! I'll tell you what you did wrong! You came into my life! That's what you did wrong! You became my friend! You comforted me! You made me laugh! You made me fall in love with you! You made me feel something I shouldn't for you! I hate you for this! I hate you! I ha..." 
 
        Her angry rant was cut off as Jiyong desperately covered with his. She squealed, feeling his arms circle around her body.  
 
        Slowly and hesitantly, she returned the kiss.  
 
        Jiyong groaned and pulled back, panting softly. He held her face in his hands and wiped at the tears, she didn't even know had been falling. Placing a kiss against her forehead, he smiled at her. 
 
        "I love you too, Ashley." 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
        Now that she was officially dating Jiyong after the admitting of feelings in the library, Ashley felt like she was on top of the world. Jiyong was the perfect boyfriend. He took her out on dates, he took care of her when she was sick, and he was the first to apologize if they argued.  
 
        Sadly, not all things are perfect and saying he was perfect was an understatement. But she was in love and to her Jiyong was perfect. He had yet to do anything to prove her wrong. 
 
        School ended and summer came, which meant no classes. For Jiyong that meant he could go back to his party life during the summer. He, of course, invited Ashley to go to the parties with him, but she declined. It wasn't her thing.  
 
        Jiyong knew she didn't like his party ways, but he still went. He wanted to have fun and he would have fun with his friends. He just wished his girlfriend would go with him. 
 
        With his constant begging her of attending a party and her flat out rejections, the two got into a fight one particular Friday and Jiyong stormed out of the apartment. Ashley, in tears, called up Alex. Her friend came and got her, taking her to her apartment. Seungri didn't mind if Ashley stayed. She was pretty much family. So Ashley decided to spend the Friday night hanging out with Alex and Seungri to get her mind off the fight with Jiyong. 
 
        Morning came and with no missed calls from Jiyong, Ashley sighed. He would always call her after they had a fight. 
 
        Telling Alex and Seungri that she wasn't staying for breakfast, she left their place and headed back to her apartment. Entering her place, she took her shoes off and looked around for some trace of her boyfriend. He would often stay the night. She then headed back to the guest room, what use to be Alex's room, to see if he was in there. She didn't let him stay in her room, so the guest room is where he slept when he stayed over.  
 
        She placed her hand on the door knob and opened it. Her eyes widened and her hands flew up to as she cried out in shock.  
 
        There on the bed was her boyfriend with another girl. The two were very much awake and very much in the middle of a heated make out session. Hearing the cry of shock, Jiyong pulled back and looked over his shoulder, his eyes widening as he realized the situation he was in. 
 
        Ashley grabbed onto the doorway to keep herself up, as her knees felt weak at the sight. This couldn't be happening! Jiyong couldn't be cheating on her. 
 
        But he was. He was in the bed with another girl. 
 
        The look of upset on her face immediately changed to one of both anger and disgust as her grip on the door knob tightened. 
 
        She was angry that she had learned the truth of her now cheating boyfriend and disgusted with herself for even trusting that he would wait for her to be ready.  
 
        It looked like all the stories about him being a playboy were true. He was proving it to her. 
 
        Jiyong slid off of the girl under him and wrapped his waist with the blanket. He left the poor girl to fend for herself as he looked at Ashley. 
 
        "Baby, it isn't what you think." He cooed. 
 
        Ashley glared at her, her gaze piercing. "Oh it isn't? Then what is it Jiyong-ssi?" 
 
        Jiyong flinched at her cold tone. He realized that she didn't call him Jiyong Oppa and instead was calling him Jiyong-ssi. 
 
        "She... she came onto me! You don't understand! I was so upset that you didn't go with me to the party and... and I drank. I thought she was you, but she took advantage of me. I would never mean to cheat on you, baby." He tried to defend himself. 
 
        Ashley scoffed and the girl glared at him, as he practically threw her under the bus.  
 
        "You said you didn't have a girlfriend!" She screeched. 
 
        Ashley scoffed. "He's a liar." 
 
        Jiyong looked at her with pained eyes. 
 
        "Baby..." 
 
        Ashley raised a hand. "Don't waste my time. I want you and her out of my flat, now. I don't want to hear anymore excuses." 
 
        Turning away, she could hear the girl shuffling to grab her clothes and getting dress. Jiyong did the same. He couldn't stand the silence and guilt that hung heavily in the air. It was suffocating him and he had a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach. He tried to say something else, but no more words came out. 
 
        As the girl ran pass Ashley and out the door, Jiyong slowly made his way by. Ashley looked at him. 
         
        "I can't believe I wasted my time on you. I can't believe I even fell for you. I was so stupid to love someone like you." Her voice was calm, yet was laced with venom. 
 
        Jiyong merely kept quiet, taking her words in as he walked out, shutting the door to the apartment and to their relationship. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 
        And that's what leads us back to the present. That was Jiyong's stupid mistake. That is how he messed up. He regretted it deeply.  
 
        She had left shortly after what he did. She had moved away. The last he heard she was in Thailand now, studying there. He had cried when she had moved, deeply upset by the fact that she was gone. 
         
        He was even more upset by what he did. Disgusted with himself for hurting someone so sweet, someone he truly had loved. He was stupid and had cheated. He couldn't change that fact. 
 
        Standing on shaky legs, he walked over to his bar, pulling out a glass and pouring himself another shot of brandy. He took another drink, enjoying the alcohol. It helped him forget.  
 
        He stumbled back over to his bed, plopping down on the sheets, his eyes glazed over. To his left, he could see his phone going off. The caller ID read Seungri. He was probably checking up on him. 
 
        Alex and Seungri had been furious when they had found out what happened and wouldn't even talk to him. Seungri gave him the silent treatment for three weeks, before speaking to him again. Alex was a different story though, she only gave him short replies. She was angry with him for what he did to her friend. 
 
        Jiyong didn't blame her though. He was angry with himself. So many times he wanted to kill himself for what he did to Ashley. He wanted to take his life. He tried, but each time he was stopped. 
 
        The last time, when he tried to hang himself, his friend Taeyang caught him. He had grabbed Jiyong by the shoulders and yelled at him for trying to do such a foolish thing.  
 
        Of course Jiyong promised not to do it again and he hadn't. Still Taeyang was keeping an eye on him. The only time Jiyong didn't have him babysitting him, when he was out with his girlfriend, Dara.  
 
        Like right now, Taeyang was on a date and Jiyong was drinking his life away. What a life to have? 
 
        Scowling, Jiyong threw his glass across the room watching it shatter against the wall. He then rolled over, eyes closing as he slept. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
        "I'm serious, Ji. You need to get some help."  
 
        It was the next day and Jiyong had woken up, slightly hung over to a nagging Taeyang. 
 
        "Jeez, what are you my mother?" 
 
        "No, but I am your friend." Taeyang sighed. "You really need some help. You can't go drinking your life away." 
 
        Jiyong scoffed, folding his arms across his chest. What did Taeyang know? He didn't' know his pain. He didn't know what was going on. 
 
        "He's right... Jiyong... Oppa." 
 
        Jiyong looked up, shocked to see Alex standing at the door of his apartment.  
 
        "Wha... what are you doing here?" He asked. 
 
        Alex sighed and looked at Taeyang.  
 
        "I invited her over. I figured someone might be able to help me talk some sense into you." 
 
        Jiyong shook his head. "Look I don't need help. I'm perfectly fine." He smiled, his smile strained. 
 
        Alex rolled her eyes. "Sure you don't."  
 
        She took a seat and sighed, looking at the pathetic man before her. "You're hurting. Ashley is hurting. You made the mistake though. You're dealing with your pain by drinking and it's doing nothing for you, Jiyong Oppa." She frowned. "Ashley wouldn't want you to do this. She wouldn't want you to drink your life away or try to even take your life. She would want you to get better. So please listen to Taeyang Oppa and get some help. Please, we're begging you." 
 
        Jiyong was silent. Alex's words ran through his mind. Ashley wouldn't want him to do this. She was right. Even if Ashley probably hated him right now, she wouldn't want him to be drunk and trying to end his life. She wasn't that type of person. 
 
        With a small, sad smile he looked up at Alex and Taeyang. "I can get better?" 
 
        Alex smiled and nodded. "Yes." 
 
        "Then I'll do it." 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
        With the help he needed Jiyong was able to quit drinking. He got his life back on track, attended his classes, and stopped going to the parties. He became a completely new man. 
 
        Still even though he was changed, the ache in his heart remained. He wanted Ashley back by his side. 
 
        It was a fine Tuesday morning and he was heading back home. He was out walking. He loved to walk, remembering that Ashley loved doing it as well. He would usually go and walk past her old apartment, that now belonged to someone else.  
 
        He turned down the short cut, stopping for a bit, remembering this was where he had saved her from those three men. With a sigh he continued forward. 
 
        "Hey Jiyong!" 
 
        He stopped and looked over his shoulder to see T.O.P walking over to him. Behind T.O.P was his friend Daesung, a guy that was always smiling. Seungri and Taeyang were also with him. 
 
        Jiyong took note of T.O.P's face, seeing a stony expression. What the heck was going on here? What did he want? 
 
        He never really did like T.O.P. He always felt he had to fight for Ashley's attention when it came to her male best friend. 
 
        "Don't you dare even think about it!" T.O.P hissed, voice cold. 
 
        Jiyong blinked, confused. What was he talking about? 
 
        "I know how you are Kwon. You'll try to seduce her again and then hurt her like the last time. Don't even think about it."  
 
        "Now wait a minute. I don't even know what you're talking about."  
 
        T.O.P scoffed. "Pathetic." He turned. 
 
        Rage filled Jiyong. He had no idea what was going on. T.O.P must have lost it.  
 
        "Now I said wait a minute." He grabbed T.O.P by the arm, turning him around. "I said I had no idea what was going on. Don't act like I do." 
 
        T.O.P glared and pushed him away. "You don't know what's going on. Don't make me laugh." He turned to the other three. "Can you believe him? He's acting like he doesn't know." He laughed. 
 
        Taeyang fidgeted as Jiyong stared at him and Seungri sighed. Daesung merely looked away, not wanting to get into it. 
 
        "T.O.P Hyung let's go." Seungri said. "You said what you had to say." 
 
        T.O.P shook his head. "No, I'm not done yet." He turned back to Jiyong. "You may have been able to get her the first time, but I won't let you this time. You took her from me, when I was in love with her. I'm not going to let you take the woman I love and hurt her again." He pushed Jiyong. "Stay away!" 
 
        Jiyong growled. He had no idea what T.O.P was babbling about. The only woman that he had that T.O.P was close to was...  
 
        ... Ashley. 
 
        His eyes widened. Wait T.O.P just said he loved Ashley. His Ashley.  
 
        Angrily, he drew back his fist and swung hitting T.O.P in the jaw. He didn't keep him down as T.O.P swung back, hitting Jiyong with just as well force. 
 
        Seungri grabbed at Jiyong, as Daesung and Taeyang grabbed at T.O.P trying to hold the two apart. 
 
        "Stop this!" Taeyang yelled. "You two are being stupid!" 
 
        "T.O.P Hyung stop fighting there's no point in this!" Daesung cried. 
 
        The two men stopped struggling. T.O.P glared at Jiyong. "Just stay away from her."  
 
        He his heel and left, Daesung and Taeyang followed after him. 
 
        Jiyong scowled and shrugged Seungri off of his arm. He began to walk away. 
 
        "Hyung, where are you going?" 
 
        "Home." Jiyong flatly stated, as he headed back to his flat. 
 
        Seungri sighed. "Oh Hyung, if only you knew." He murmured. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
        Heading into the bathroom, Jiyong opened the medicine cabinet. His whole frame shook in anger as he looked for something to numb the pain. He cursed, seeing that Taeyang must have cleaned the cabinet out.  
 
        Shutting it with a slam, he was met with his reflection in the mirror. A bruise was starting to form across his right cheek. 
 
        He closed his eyes and the tears began to fall. T.O.P's words came back to him. He should have known that T.O.P was in love with Ashley. 
 
        He looked back up into the mirror, cursing himself for being so weak. He was disgusted. His image was sickening. Everything he did was sickening. 
 
        With an angry cry, he drew back and punched the mirror, glass shattering everywhere. His hand bled, but he didn't care. He needed this pain. He needed to know that there was something in his life that showed he was still alive. Seeing himself bleeding did that.  
 
        His phone sounded off and with a shaky hand, he reached out to it. 
 
        Taeyang. 
 
        He smirked. His friend seemed to always call when something bad was happening to him. 
 
        Accepting the call, he pressed the phone to his ear.  
 
        "Hello." 
 
        "Jiyong, I need to tell you what T.O.P meant." 
 
        "I don't care about anything that T.O.P said." 
 
        Taeyang sighed. "But Jiyong, she's back. Ashley's back." 
 
        Jiyong's eyes widened and the phone in his hand dropped to the floor. He could vaguely hear Taeyang calling out his name.  
 
        Ashley was back. She was really back.  
         
        With that thought in mind, he grabbed his jacket and was out the door. There was only one place she could be. Whether she wanted to see him or not, he had to see her. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
        Banging on the door to Alex's apartment, Jiyong scolded himself for not putting two and two together earlier when T.O.P was talking to him. He should have known that he was talking about Ashley. 
 
        Jiyong shook his head. This meant that Daesung, Taeyang, and Seungri had also known. Some friends they were, keeping this from him. 
 
        He raised his fist preparing to knock again, when the door opened. 
 
        He felt like the air had been knocked out of his chest. 
 
        "Ashley!" He breathed. 
 
        Ashley's eyes widened. A man that she had not seen in six months was standing before her. A man, that no matter how hard she tried she could not get over. 
 
        Awkwardly, she shifted around. "Um... are you here to see Seungri Oppa. If you are, I'm afraid that you just missed him. He took Alex out on a date." 
 
        Jiyong shook his head. "I'm not here to see Seungri." He looked at her. "I'm here to see you." 
 
        "Wha... what? Why?" Ashley asked. 
 
        "Because I want to see you. Can I please come in?" 
 
        "I... I ... I guess." Ashley moved aside, to let him into the flat. 
 
        She watched as he moved into the living room. She followed him. 
 
        "I heard you went to study in Thailand." Jiyong said. 
 
        Ashley nodded, wrapping her arms around herself. "It was nice there." 
 
        "I bet it was." 
 
        He turned to look at her, a soft look in his eyes. "I miss you." 
 
        Ashley gasped. "What? What are you saying? Did you come here to play with me?" 
 
        Jiyong shook his head. "No." He took a step forward and she took a step back. "Ashley, please listen to me. I know I messed up. I know what I did was wrong. I was an idiot. But I'm being serious here. I miss you." 
 
        Ashley shook her head, her eyes dropping down. They landed on his hand and she gasped. "What happened?" 
 
        Jiyong looked down. Oh he had forgotten about that. He should probably bandage it, but that could wait for later. 
 
        "Nothing." 
 
        "That's not nothing. Here." She grabbed a hold of his arm and pulled him down the hall into the bathroom. Opening the medicine cabinet, she set to work on cleaning the wound.         
        Jiyong blushed. She was touching him. It had been so long since he had felt her skin against his. He didn't want this moment to end. 
 
        Tying a bandage around his hand, Ashley stepped back satisfied with her work. She smiled. 
 
        "Thank you." Jiyong murmuring softly. He cupped her face in his uninjured hand and kissed her forehead. 
 
        Ashley pulled away, blushing as she realized what she had done. She quickly walked past him and out of the bathroom 
 
        Jiyong frowned and followed after her.  
 
        "I think you should leave." 
 
        Jiyong shook his head. "No I can't leave. Not until I know where we stand." 
 
        Ashley turned around, snapping. "What do you want me to say, Jiyong-ssi!? Do want me say that I forgive you?! Do you want me to tell you how much I hurt after that happened!? Do you want me to say that even though you did hurt me I still love you!?" She sobbed. 
 
        Jiyong's eyes softened. 
 
        "No! I can't love you! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you, alright!" She yelled at him. 
 
        The same words that she had said to him before. Except this time they weren't in a library and Jiyong wasn't kissing her. Instead they were in the shared apartment of Alex and Seungri and all Jiyong did was hug her. 
 
        He held her in his arms, caressing her hair and breathing in her scent. Pulling back from the hug, his own tears stung his eyes and he ran a hand down her face as he smiled lovingly at her. 
 
        "Please Ashley, just give me a second chance to show that I love you. Please. I beg you." 
 
        Ashley looked up at him, sniffling. Jiyong knew she still loved him and she knew her ownself. It was just up to her whether she took him back into her heart or not.