The Rains Story

The Last Of My Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyuns P.O.V

 

I was nervous as hell, what if that farmer hurt Minah? Well, my parents has worked her once and they told me a lot about this farmer. But he's the closest farmer. I just need to protect her, that's all. If three boys work at the same farm, maybe the risk that she gets hurt get small. I gonna protect her all the time, make sure he doesn't touch her. That's a promise.

We was walking to the farm. We walked between two fields of corn. I saw the barn and the house, the humans walked directly to the house, but the farmer was in that barn. I walked to the barn instead and watched the humans walk away to the house. I stood in the opening to the barn and took a deep breath. I can only bark like a dog. I barked until he came and looked confused at me.

 

"What the hell?! You're just a kid! What do you want?!"

 

 

I pointed at my friends and he sighed before he walked with me over to them. I hurried over to Minah and held her hand to make her look back at the farmer. Suho noticed me and looked back. He smiled and turned around.

 

"Good day sir. My name is Joonmyun and want to ask you a favor."
"And what is that?"
"Can four of my friends here work for you. In exchange for money?"
"Well, which of them is it?"

 

 

Suho pointed at Kai, Sehun, at Minah and then at me. He looked curious at me, I look weak I know that. Even Sehun look stronger than me. Minah looked a little shocked when he nodded a little.

 

"What's the young ladies name?"
"Minah. I'm 18 years old."
"I see, and you there. Name and age please."
"I'm Kim Jongin a.k.a Kai, I'm 18 years old."
"Next boy please."
"I'm Oh Sehun, I'm 18 years old."
"I see, and the last one?"
"He can't talk. But his name is Baekhyun, we don't know how old he is."
"I see. And if I let you work here, what can you do?"
"What do you want us to do?"
"Take care of the animals, help me lift heavy things and other small things."
"We can do that."
"Baekhyun was it? You doesn't look so strong. I want to test you out."

 

 

I nodded and followed him to the barn. He took out a box filled with junk. He gave me it and I held it easy. I held it up and smiled. He nodded, he looked curious at me. I can't read his mind, but I can sense his feelings pretty well. He was not scared, but worried. He put down the box and he nodded.

 

"You can have the job. You all start tomorrow at 08:00 am. That's pretty late in normal case, so be happy. I want you to meet me outside the barn."
"Thank you sir, Baekhyun come on! We must go home!"
"I will see you tomorrow, Mr Byun."

 

 

I looked shocked at him, he just said my clans name. Right, my parents worked here. I nodded and hurried over to the others. I walked a little and heard Xiumin and Kris whisper a little.

 

"That box wasn't 10 kg."
"I know, that was at least 50 kg."
"He's pretty strong after all. That's very shocking."
"Shut up, what if he hears us?"

 

 

They both got quiet and I tried to not get panic. What if they starts to figure things out? I must be more careful. I looked at the sky, the sun was behind some clouds that was gray, almost black. A raindrop hit my forehead and I stopped to look at it. Minah looked curious at me and smiled.

 

"That's a raindrop Baekhyun. We better hurry to get cover."
"There is some trees. Lets take cover there."

 

 

Minah grabbed my hand and pulled me up on two legs. Made me stare at the ground like a maniac. She looked at me when I stopped, I don't walk on two legs! She shook her head and Xiumin grabbed my other arm and helped me walk. I got panic, I don't do this kind of things! When we came under the tree, they let go of me and I hurried to sit down and not stand on two legs. That was freaking scary!

 

"Baekhyun looks like he has seen a ghost."
"He seems to not like to walk on two legs."
"I think he just got shocked because we grabbed him."
"Haha, how long has he been in the house?"
"One day."
"What? It feels like he has been here much longer. Baekhyun, you're really good with friends."
"Yeah, he love to play around and candy."

 

 

I nodded, candy is love. It started to rain and I looked out at the rain. I started to think back, almost as a flashback. I remember once when I was out with my brother. He learned me how to hunt, but I at it. It started to rain and we sat down in a cave. He told me something funny that day, something about the rain.

 

~The rain dropped down from the caves opening, making a dropping sound that echoed in to the cave. I was listening after the sound when my brother suddenly decided to laugh. I looked at him with a confused look.

 

 

"What so funny hyung?"
"Well, I just remember a story about the rain."
"Oh, I see. C-can you tell me?"
"Sure, but you maybe don't get the hint."
"I know, but at least tell me."

 

He smiled and looked at the rain. He held out a hand and caught a raindrop in his hand. He held it out to me and I looked curious at it. What secrets has it?


 

 

"Long time ago, a young women walked throw the woods at night. The moons was shining, but the women wasn't paying him any attention. She was scared of the wood. The moon wanted the young women to smile and be happy. But the was was dark and not that beautiful. Suddenly, raindrops hit the woman’s face and body. It started to rain and she need to take cover under some trees. When it stopped to rain, the women looked up at the sky and saw the moon shine strong and beautiful. Just like the moon, she was crying. She just realized something, she wasn't alone about what she felt. She put on a smile and soon, the moon shined even brighter than before. The women whispered to the man in the moon 'Thank you, for making me smile even if you cried for me'."

 

He got quite for a long time and then he looked up at me, he was looking at the raindrop and then at me. I looked at the raindrop, thinking about the story and then about the moon. I looked at my brother and he smiled.

 

 

"The moon cries for us every time it rains. If someone in your family is dead, it's his way to show that your not alone. He created us. He cry for everyone of us, to pray, to apologize, sometimes because he's proud."
"I see, so the raindrop you holding right now, is one of the tears to the man in the moon?"
"No. Because the man in the moon only cries at the night, on the day it's the sun who cries. But that's to complicated for you to understand."
"The sun, isn't that the women who give people power to wake up and show happiness?"
"Yes, how did you know?"
"I read it in one of the humans books."

 

He sighed before we started to play around. Every time it rains on the night, the man in the moon cries. Every time it rains on the day, the women in the sun cries. Poor man and women, why must they cry all the time?~

 

 

I woke up from my flashback and looked at Minah. I wanted to tell her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter