SIX

Please Don't Hate Me

"Suzy !" Min screamed as she ran toward where Suzy was sitting. As usual, Suzy was the first person to arrive for the 10 AM class. "Are you dating Kai ?"

"What ?"

"There were photos of you hanging out with Kai in McDonald's yesterday."  Min showed the photos from her iPhone to Suzy. Suzy took it and scanned over the photos.

"How ?" She returned it back to Min. "I'm not dating Kai. It was just a friendly dinner."

Min sighed. "Look , you know Kai is one of the most popular kids in this campus. He has this fan club of his that is super scary. Whatever excuses you have, they won't listen to you. They would harm you to the point that you don't want to be in the same room as he is. There were already cases like that.  You better be careful."

Suzy took in what Min said. Was the fan club that bad ? But she and Kai had nothing going on between them. She quickly took her phone and messaged Kai.

There are rumors going on between us. What are we going to do ? Let's meet up.

Suzy

The teacher came in and Min quickly went to her seat. During the class, Suzy kept on glancing over her phone, wishing that there was a new message notification.  She also wished that the class was going to be over soon so that she could find Kai. 

As soon as the class finished, Suzy grabbed her things and rushed out from the class. She didn't bother greeting back the students who greeted her in the hallway, all she could think of was to find Kai. She stopped when 3 figures blocked her way.

"Hi Suzy. " The girl with brown wavy hair greeted Suzy with her nasal voice. She extended her arm, offering a handshake. "I'm Hannah."

"Hi," Suzy shook her hand and faked a smile.

"I know we just meet , but can I ask you a favor ? I know it is impolite, but we really need your help." The girl with a blonde pixie haircut  beside Hannah said. "Can you follow us ?"

"Sure. "Suzy bit her lips before continuing on. "But can I help you later ? I'm in a hurry right now."

"No, you can't." Hannah's voice became louder."I'm sorry. I mean , you can't. We really need you now." She said it softer this time.

Suzy felt like this girls won't give up until she complied with them. She reluctantly followed them. On the way, she texted Kai that she was going to meet him late because someone needed her help. The girls led her to a secluded area of the campus. Suzy was beginning to feel bad about this. Where were the girls going to lead her ?

The girls stopped abruptly in front of a door. The girls unlocked and opened the door with a key that was labeled 'Janitor Closet'.  The room was dark and small. The girls turned to Suzy and smiled widely , causing goose bumps to appear on her body.

"The problem is inside the room. Please get into the room ." Hannah extended her arms toward the room, signaling Suzy to enter the room. She entered the dark room hesitantly, it was not like Suzy going to say 'no' to them.  

A step after she entered the room , the girls splashed Suzy with buckets of water and forcibly pushed her until she reached the end of the closet. Before Suzy got the time to react, the girls locked the door.

"That's what you got for being around Kai. Stay there until you reflect your mistake." The girls let out a malicious laugh and their footsteps faded away.  Suddenly, she remembered Min's warning this morning. The girls were Kai's fans.

"Wait ! No ! Please ! Let me out from here !" Suzy hysterically scream. She banged the door frantically. "Please ! Anyone !" 

There were only 2 things that Suzy was scared of; People and Darkness. If night comes, Suzy would always turn on her lights even when she sleeps. She was afraid of the dark because it reminded her of her past memories that were painful.

"Someone. Please." She whispered, slumping down to the floor. Tears were filling her eyes and were prepared to fall again. She banged the door again, but it came out as a weak knock on the door. Suzy folded her knees and buried her face on her knees. She closed her eyes, hoping that someone was going to find her soon.