Chapter 4

Yes Or No (Part 1)

 

 

Yoona and I got closer after that. Days, months passed and she didn’t press about my ual preference anymore and just let me go with the flow. She also removed that ‘tape’ separating us and asked me to merge our beds together on my side so if ever she’ll forget to close her side of the window, her bed will no longer be affected. She let me and Sooyoung hang out with her friends whom include Tiffany and her roommate, Seohyun. I saw Seohyun on the first day while finding my dorm room and I swear – I stopped and stared at her for the longest time because she looked like my long-lost-none-existent sister.

 

 

I now know about Yoona’s love for horror and suspense movies, her dream of being a chef if she didn’t take up nursing, her pouts when she wants something or just sulking, her smiles when she’s just being polite or she really means it, and her penchant for hitting my arms when I said something funny. These things, made the butterflies in my stomach fly even more.

 

 

태연제시카써니티파니효연유리수영윤아서현

 

 

“Oh my gosh, Yoongie, Donghae’s here.” Tiffany suddenly blurted out while we were walking, seeing someone leaning on the door of his car waving at us.

 

“Hi” He said smiling.

 

“Hi, Donghae-oppa, this is Yuri, my roommate. Yuri, this is Donghae-oppa.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Yuri. I’m Yoona’s boyfriend.”

 

I just smiled awkwardly. I remembered Yoona saying that she hasn’t felt butterflies for anyone, yet she has a boyfriend? Was that all a lie?

 

“We’ll go now” Donghae said as he opened his car’s door for Yoona, then drived.

 

“They’re a good-looking couple” Seohyun said, making me a little gloomy.

 

“Yes, they are” Even Sooyoung agreed. What a friend.

 

“So, Yuwree, Yoongie and Donghae went on a date. Can we go too, just the two of us?” Tiffany asked eye-smiling.

 

I’m not in the mood but how can I say no to that eyes, so I just nodded looking at Seohyun and Sooyoung apologetically.

 

“I guess, we’re the leftovers Seo…wanna eat with me too?” Sooyoung said, walking their separate way.

 

 

It was almost 10 in the evening when Donghae and Yoona came back from their date and I hate to admit it but I really don’t like this mood I’m feeling. Is this what they call jealousy? It can’t be. How can it be? I only saw them talking seriously then laughing and goofing around a minute later. How can I be jealous with that? Yoona and I have done that before. I have to sleep this off. I might be better in the morning.

 

“Yul, are you still awake?” I heard her asked but I was so-not-in-the-mood to answer.

 

“Mmmhmm” I’m not in the mood but I don’t want to feel guilty for not answering her. Whipped!

 

“Are you okay? Is something wrong” I felt her forehead touched mine so I had to open my eyes. I saw her face inches from mine. She seemed surprised, too. I’m an engineering student but I know that this is not how the normal heart beats. It’s so fast that even my breathing became erratic. Suddenly, I felt that urge, the urge to lean…closer…closer…and…

 

Knock…knock…knock…

 

Yoona suddenly got up and opened the door but left it a bit open so I heard who she’s talking to. But Yoona didn’t move when Tiffany wasn’t here yet. Was she..? Note to self, you are really assuming too much.

 

“Yoongie, can I sleep here? Our aircon broke and Seo’s sleeping outside the dorm tonight to discuss about self-improvement help books with the Keroro Book Club” Tiffany said, already entering our room.

 

“Yuri’s not feeling well right now so…”

 

“Oh my gosh, Yuwree. So that’s why you’re not really enjoying earlier. I thought it was something else.” Tiffany said while caressing my face. It was something else.

 

“Tiff, let Yuri rest. If you'll sleep here, sleep on my side of the bed instead okay.”

 

“What’s the difference if I’ll sleep in-between you two?”

 

“She’ll have better sleep since you’re constantly moving while sleeping.”

 

"Fine"

 

 

The other thing I know about Yoona – she moves a lot, hugs a lot and put her limbs on other people while sleeping. So I quietly laughed at her answer before drifting to sleep.

 

 

Before Yoona woke up, I put a note on her Medical Surgical book which read:

 

“Sunny Café. YES or NO?”

 

Before entering the classroom for my last subject before lunch, somebody grabbed me and put a paper in my hand. It was Yoona. She smiled and run off. Choding! I opened the note and I smiled too.

 

After class, I waited for her to come out of her own class. Yoona grinned widely while approaching me. But before I can say anything…

 

“Ayo! YulYul, where are we going to eat today? I’m so hungry” Sooyoung appeared suddenly with Tiffany and Seohyun.

 

“What about Sunny Café?” Tiffany suggested not knowing that Yoona and I are planning to go there also.

 

“Yeah, sure. Let’s go?” I asked Yoona but I saw something. She’s pursing her lips in a negative way. I know that she’s doing that when she’s bored or irritated. What’s wrong with her now? I though she agreed to have lunch with me in Sunny Café?

 

“No. I’m in such a good mood but I’m lazy and a bit tired so I’d rather go to the dorm and sleep instead” She said, walking away while plastering an annoyed smile.

 

“You sure, Yoongie? (Yup) Okay. Let’s go then Yuwl” Tiffany grabbed my arm and dragged me to Sunny Café along with Sooyoung and Seohyun.

 

I like hanging out with TifSooSeo and seeing my Aunt Soon Kyu but not having Yoona here with me when she agreed to be earlier on, made me worried and confused.

 

“I have to go somewhere. I’ll just catch you guys later. I’m sorry” I said apologetically.

 

“But Yuwl…hmp…okay. But, you owe me a date.” Tiffany said, forcing a smile. I just nodded.

 

I don’t even know why I’m doing this but I want to, I need to.  I ran while calling Yoona on the phone because I know where I want to be and who I want and need to be with.

 

“Where are you? Are you really at the dorm?”

 

“No, I’m with Donghae. I called him to go to the park with me since I’m in such a good mood.”

 

“Oh, really. Well, I have something to tell you---“

 

“Where’s your girlfriend? Why are you calling me when you’re in the middle of your lunch date with her…?”

 

“Who do you mean?”

 

“Tiffany. Is there anyone else? Are you flirting with other girls too?”

 

After running to get to the nearby park, I finally saw her – alone. I went to her still talking on the phone.

 

“Yoong, I’ll tell you something. First, I don’t flirt with other girls and Tiffany is just a friend, our friend. Second, I don’t think you’re with anyone else” I said on the phone when I’m already beside her but she didn’t move, she just continued talking on the phone too.

 

“If I’m not with anyone else, then who am I with?”

 

"Me"

 

I let out a huge sigh before grabbing her hand, holding it tightly and walked in a comfortable silence with her…drifting away from other people’s eyes and only in each other’s company. At that point, I realized…I could never let her go.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Are you the jealous type, you? Yes or No?