C4

Eldon

“Look Kai, I’m just helping you-“Before Eldon could finish, Kai interrupted. “I didn’t ask for your help” His tone was cold and abrupt.

Eldon raised her eyebrows.

“You were the one who came into this forest! You were the one who laid dead in front of my house! You were the one who broke my peaceful life! If you didn't come here in the first place then I could have lived as happy as ever, but, YOU decided to lie in front of my house half-dead, all bloody, injured and gross?! Now you’re saying you didn’t ing ask for my help? Without me, you’d be dead! God, you know what? Leave my house right now. LEAVE! ALL OF YOU!” Eldon literally yelled at Kai, she didn’t know why she was so angry for, but she was. Luhan’s mind was blank and his face pale, stricken with shock. Kai simply jumped out of bed, grabbed his shirt and bag.

“Let’s leave Luhan.” Kai looked at Eldon who was standing in the middle of the room, shaking with fury.

“Thanks anyway. Bye.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me! Kai! Eldon, please let us stay, please…” Luhan begged, but she refused to look at him.

In a twist of irony, Kai unexpectedly fell to the ground, groaning in pain. “Argh!”

“KAI!” Luhan immediately flew to Kai's side to helped him up.

“I’m fine Luhan, err…” Kai slowly and carefully stood up. The frown on his face became more visible, emulating pain. “Eldon, please… Kai hasn’t recovered yet, please Eldon…” Luhan almost cried; there was a tear hanging on the edge of his eye. Eldon’s mind was a mess. She had obviously said those things out of anger and didn’t mean most of what she’d said. She wasn’t that heartless. She softly hit her forehead with her palm and rushed towards Kai who was at the door.

“Here, I’ll get you to the bed.” Eldon gestured for Kai to put his arm around her neck.

“Don’t need your help. I can do it on my own.” Kai rejected Eldon’s aid but she forcibly placed his arm around her neck.

“This is not the situation where you deny someone’s help, idiot.” Eldon placidly mocked though she really wanted to punch him in the guts. Kai let out a small laugh and smirked, “this woman…” He whispered to himself.

*

The night passed pretty quickly and Lay hadn't come for almost two days. “Where did he go?” Eldon wondered. There was something suspicious about this; Lay would usually come every night. It was bad, very bad.

This morning wasn’t so fresh and beautiful as she expected it to be. The sky was a heavy, dull greyish-black as the wind howled. There was going to be a rainstorm and a big one too. It normally didn't rain in this forest but it was today, Eldon rested herself on the chair, awakened by the sound of soft thunder. The more Eldon pondered on the thought of the rainstorm, the more pessimistic she became.

Eldon sat straight up in the chair and shook her head, reassuring herself, “nothing’s going to happen. Nothing’s going to happen…”

Luhan and Kai noticed that Eldon was mumbling to herself the whole time.

“Hey Eldon, are you alright?” Luhan asked. Eldon twitched, her eyes looking at all directions, anxiously.

“I-I don’t k-know…” Eldon said shakily.

“What do you mean Eldon? You’re scaring me…” Luhan frowned and looked at Kai who didn’t even seem to give a about it.

“L-lay, he hasn't come in two days…” Eldon said in a soft voice.

“Lay?” Luhan flew to Eldon who sat on the chair and landed on her shoulder. “Who’s Lay, Eldon?” Luhan asked politely to Eldon’s ear.

Lightning snapped suddenly making Eldon covered her ears with both her hands, whole body shaking. Eldon hates thunders and lightning, it reminds her of that day… “WHERE’S LAY?!” Eldon screamed with wide eyes, Kai became frightened too. “Luhan… What happened to her?” Kai whispered to Luhan, narrowing his eyes. “I don’t know Kai…” Luhan shook his head looking down at the ground. Then Eldon stood up, shaking her head and rushing towards to door. “I need to find him, where the hell did he go?”

Kai noticed something wrong with Eldon so he immediately jumped out of bed and headed towards Eldon, “Eldon! What’s wrong with you?” He grabbed her shoulder and shook her. Eldon’s glaze was empty, Kai was shocked, rather, worried. Luhan hovered in the air playing with his fingers, his mind messed up. “Let go of me!” Eldon tried to struggle Kai, but Kai was too strong. “Listen Eldon, there’s going to be a storm outside, you’re not going anywhere.” Cold, expressionless, Kai was not always like that. “But, Lay…” Eldon looked brooding. Kai let out an annoying sigh, “Eldon… I’ll come with you then.” Luhan graved at Kai. “What did you just say Kai?” Kai glazed back at Luhan then at Eldon, “I’m going to go with Eldon, stay here Luhan, just in case-”

“In case of what? I’m coming too!” Luhan flew to Kai with crossed arms. Kai remained silence. Rain started to pour from the sky, glooming the dark night causing roof to make pitter patter noises broke the awkward silence. “Are you sure you wanna come, Kai?” Eldon spoke wanly. “Yeah, I’ll be fine.” Kai patted her back and smiled. “Well, let’s go and look for a Lay!” Kai cheered and grabbed his backpack. That’s when Eldon noticed that Kai had a backpack with him the whole time, where did that came from?

Kai tried his best to hind away his pain and forgetting about Maria, he wasn’t always a sinful man and cold, expressionless… It’s just because of the war that made him like that. Kai’s a really nice and kind man, truly.

=======================================================================================

Hmmm... Feeling quite depressed :( But here's chapter 4 anyway...