C1

Eldon

Above is a picture of Eldon's house, please take a look at it before reading.

 

“La-la-la-la” Eldon hummed a rhythm as she fed the birds, the birds sang along to her soft melody.

Eldon lived her life peacefully, deep down in a forest. Avoiding all wars as possible, she hated wars, too much deaths and killing.

The world she lived in was a mystical one, where there are elves, fairies, dwarfs, unicorns, dragon and all the unique and stunning things you could of think of, and of course, war. Eldon lived alone, which was no problem at all. Before her parents left, they told and taught her everything she needs to know to survive on her own. That was when Eldon was 13, now she’s 21. Eight year pasted in a blink. Eight years. From a small innocent girl to a brave and independent woman. Despite that, Eldon was not lonely. She had her animal friends, especially a unicorn, which she called Lay, because, ironically, he’d always come to her house at night and lay next to the camp fire.

The sun disappeared into the horizon; the sky turned into a warm orange colour, the birds flew off towards their home. When it was night, plants around her house started to glow as the moonlight shone over the land. As usual Eldon started the camp fire beside her house and sat on a rock beside it, waiting for her companion. She watched the sparks from the fire appear and disappear; it was as if fireflies danced around the fire. Soon enough a soft white glow appeared in the forest, it was Lay. As Eldon looked up, Lay was already beside the camp fire. Under the moonlight, Lay looked more charming like a real person.

“Hey Lay, here again uh?” Eldon raised her eyebrows as she put another wood in the fire, fuelling the flame.

“Yeah, since it’s nicer than where I live” Yes, unicorns can talk, not surprising at all.

“Hehe, yeah sure.” Eldon let out a dry laugh and rolled her eyes.

Lay lied down near the camp fire, “It’s true I tell you.”

It was true; the place where Lay lived was just a cave. Cold and damp, although it was huge, it wasn’t cozy.

Eldon pulled her leg in, crossed her arm and rested her head on it. There was awkward silence; all that was heard are the wood cracking in the fire.

“You sure you’re comfortable in that position?” Lay asked, which rather sounded like he was mocking her.

He was right. Eldon wasn’t comfortable in that position. The rock she sat on felt like a knife stabbing her , much like pins and needles…

“Yeah, I’m alright” Eldon lied.

“You wanna come over here?” Lay suggested.

Without saying anything, Eldon moved over to Lay and plopped down on to the soft grass and rested her head on Lay, with a hand under her face.

“Gee, you can read my mind.” Eldon whispered.

The two of them slept through the night calmly.

*

As the sun slowly rose, the sky became to be illuminated by it radiance. The flowers bloom as their opened pedals opened up, birds, once again, sang gracefully. Eldon was the first one to wake up. She sat up; stretching out her arms and letting out a yawn. Carefully she walked into her house without disturbing Lay then she came out carrying a broom and tray in both her hands. Quickly and quietly, she cleaned up the ashes of the wood which the camp fire left.

“Hmmmmmmm, Eldon-” Lay groaned as he woke up.

“Morning Lay.” Eldon smiled holding the tray of ashes. “Did you sleep well?”

“Morning, I slept well thanks.”

 Lay watch Eldon vanished in to her house and then coming back out with a plate of berries,

“Breakfast, berries.” Eldon picked a berry and shoved it in .

Lay immediately stood up in excitement. He loves berries.

“Oh ho, berries!”

Eldon placed the plate in front of Lay, and he started eating right away. Eldon giggled at his childishness.

“Once you finish, just leave the plate there and go where ever you want.” Then she went in her house to do her morning routine.

It’s a small wooden house she lived in, built with her own hands. Since her parents left her for war. Where she lived was an enchanted forest where no one could find, well. Maybe some, but not all. The forest was protected by a shield, which once a wizard casted.

After the nice meal of berries, Lay left for some business, doing whatever a unicorn does. When it was mid-day, Eldon finally came out to collect the plate. As she pushed opened the door, she saw a terrifying scene.

A man, rather, a stranger cover form head to toe in blood, wearing armour, lied in front of the door. Eldon gasped for air as she fell on her knee; covering with her hand, she had never seen something such a morbid scene before. Eldon hesitated, is he dead? She slowly got up, without taking her eyes off that man, grabbed a stick nearby and poked his head. The head didn’t move so Eldon examined the guy carefully with a closer look. “Hey… You… Can you hear me?” Eldon asked as she approached him.

“Hey!” A voice called.

Eldon jumped, surprised and backed away, “W-who’s that…?”

“In the leather jar!” It called again.

Eldon tried to calm herself and scanned the man’s body for a leather jar. There! She spotted a slightly cracked jar covered with blood hanging on the man’s belt. She cautiously crawled over to the man and snatched the jar off him. “Open it!”

Eldon shook the jar before she’d open it, “OW! STOP!” the voiced cried. Eldon noticed the creature inside the jar could be a fairy so she twisted the lid and opened it. “OH THANK GOD!” A little tiny feature flew right up into the air leaving a trail of sparkle behind. Eldon narrowed her eyes and stood up slowly, “who are… you?” She asked. The fairy stopped flying and looked at Eldon, “I’m Luhan, Kai’s assistant and a well-trained fairy who knows-“

“I know you’re a fairy, but why are you here? And why is there a dead man outside my house?!” Eldon interrupted Luhan’s introduction.

Luhan seems to finally realize the dead man outside causing his eyes to widen. “OH GOUSH! I totally forgot about Kai!” Then flew to Kai and landed on his shoulder. “Can you please help him, ma’am?”

Ma’am?! “Yeah… Sure…” Eldon scared, shocked and angry all at the same time. She carried the man inside and laid him on her bed.

 

=============================================================================

Heyy ^ ^ I'm back with a new story, a story created by me, BUT, without my brainy friend qazgal, I don't think the story.... YEP! Chapter 2 will be updated tomorrow, I continue to update till chapter 4... Since the story is still progressing -_- Hope you enjoyed my short chapter one, subscribe and comment (VOTE is up to you) *brofist* XD WAIT! BTW, I'm writing another story, 'Wait For Me'... It's a true story, experience of mine, but some parts will be changed to fit the story. And sorry if there's no posters or background, I'm still waiting for my request to be done. Again, thank you for reading :)