CHAPTER 4 An Evening Date?!

Unspoken...

As I open the door, I saw Junhyung right in front of me, crossed-arms as I caught him listening behind the door.

“What are you doing there? Eaves dropping?” I said.

He stand straight, cross his arms again and said, “Hahaha, well, Park Jaehee, it doesn’t matter what I’m doing. What important is you’ve passed your project smoothly.”

“So?”

“How about saying ‘thank you’ and giving me a treat, huh?”

“Aissh. It’s because of you that my project is ruined and you want me to thank and treat you?” I said raising one of my eyebrows.

“Ahh. Without me anyway who helped you, you wouldn’t have managed to pass it today.” He said, bragging.

I stood in silence as I looked him in the eyes with my poker face.

“So... What now? Are you going to give me a treat?”

I nodded in response but glared at him.
“Okay, just wait for me at Gate III after your classes.” I said.

Tic-toc-tic-toc, says the clock as I stared on it waiting for my last subject to end. This Algebra subject really infuriates me. Look, it has always extensions that make us late to go home. Activity… Activities… Instead of going home at 5pm, our Algebra teacher extended our time again and we went home at 5:45pm. Twilight seems to approach fast. I hurriedly left the school at Gate II. I was already 12 meters away from the campus when I saw a couple walking around. And for some foolish reasons, I remembered Junhyung! Omo! I hurriedly ran to the school and look for him at Gate III. And I saw him there sitting on a bench near a lamppost. I went closer to take a look just to find out that he fell asleep waiting for me.

“Ju—” I was about to wake him up when I notice his tender lips. Unknowingly, I was already biting my lower lip. And as I was staring at his tender lips, my imagination widened, thinking that Junhyung was about to kiss me! But before that thing happen, I slapped my cheeks with my two hands and I was shocked to know that I accidentally woke up Junhyung just because of my cheeks’ sound. Damn his tender lips.

“Oh, Jaehee.” He said with a subtle face.

“Are you crazy or what?!”

“What did I do again Ms. Park Jaehee that you’re scolding me again like that?!”

I bit my lower lip as I glared at him. I don’t know how to say this but…

“Mwo?!” he shouted at me.

“I’m late for more than 30 minutes, why didn’t you go home? Why did you still waited for me? Can’t you feel the weather? It’s so cold here outside and you didn’t have a jacket along with you.”

“Ahh. That? Uhmm. I didn’t left because I don’t want to disappoint you and besides, I don’t break my words. The coldness that chilled me a while ago, it’s worth it since you’re here now.”

I turn my eyes on him. I stared at him for a long time and eventually, I smiled on him and sat beside him, still smiling and looking at him.

His eyes widened in shock as he looked at me smiling at him.

“Yes? Is there something…”

“Jaehee. Is that you?”

“Huh?”

“Your smile. That’s the first time I saw a smile on your face.”

I smirked.

“Junhyung, I’m a cold-hearted person, I know that. You can’t see me laughing on the hallways with my friends. Oftentimes, you’ll see me alone. I don’t talk much to people even if they’re the one approaching me. I’m uneasy and I don’t easily give smiles to people that’s not important to me.”

“Is that mean… I’m…?”

“Yes you are Junhyung, you’re important to me now. I don’t know how to explain it but I’m sure of it.”

“Jinjja?” He asked once again making sure that I’m certain of what I told him.

“Hahahahahahahahaha~ Junhyung, you’re so cute! ♥” and I pinched his fluffy cheeks turning red. I leaned my head on his shoulders, closed my eyes and sealed my lips for a moment of silence. I don’t know what I’m feeling right now but I just can’t resist it. Tug tug tug tug~ Did I just hear my heart beat? Or is it his? Maybe it’s ours. He put his hand around my shoulders, drawing me closer to him.

What a nice feeling! The cold wind chills us but feels like it doesn’t bother us at all. We can feel each other’s warmth. We’re like atoms sharing each other’s electron and bonded by our affection. Oh my. What am I saying now? Maybe I’ve got some hangover in our chemistry class. But it doesn’t matter anyway.

“Junhyung.” I uttered.

“Yes Jaehee?”

“Do you see that ohh?”

“Ahh the Namsan tower? Do you like to go there?”

“Neh~” *aegyo face*

We then stood up and went there. I acted so childish that time. And I don’t why; all I know is that it just feels good for me. As were walking along the street of the park, everyone is looking at us. And I can even hear, “They’re such a sweet pair!” Like… are we couples for real? Are we acting so sweet that it hurts and envy those passer-bys? Oh what am I saying again? Hahaha! Nevermind that. We finally stood up in this very beautiful, Namsan Tower.

“What are we waiting for?” He said with a smile and we then went inside.

The view on the rooftop was just so good. We’re standing and feeling the chill air as we gaze upon the beautiful city of Seoul. Neon city lights from those skyscrapers filled the night sky. In addition to, the Han River that I passed by everyday in which I always ignored, caught my attention for its delightful hues of blue amazed my eyes. The ambiance feels so perfect for a… Uhm what do you call it? It’s when two people… went out together and… have fun?

DATE.

No. This isn’t a date. Stupid you Jaehee. Just focused on the beautiful view. Ok?

And then I caught myself smiling as I look on the scene since it’s my first time to enter the Namsan Tower. Then suddenly I felt like someone is there. I can hear creaking on the stairs, strange sounds and hushed footsteps.

“Junhyung, are we the only people in here right now?”

“I don’t know.”

I felt an upward scare in my spine making me have the creeps in that place. I pretended that no one is there although I can feel that there is. I ignored my perception and focus on the view, but I just can’t. Junhyung was a little bit far to me. He’s leaning on wall, and I’m on the end of the other side. Why is he not coming closer to me? Can’t he feel that I’m feeling spooky already?

When suddenly he called my name without emotions, and said…

“Jaehee, who’s that on your back?”

And the moment he told that the lights went off! I’m so horrified that I screamed so loud and run to him. I pushed him so hard that we fell on the ground. Then we feel our bodies collide. It lasted for about how many seconds when the lights went on again. And… boom. Just like the first time we’ve met. Intense eye-to-eye contact. Feeling each other’s breath. And the most remarkably thing is when our lips felt so close that looks like we’ll caress each other’s lips. Surprisingly, an old lady from downstairs glanced at us and said, “Aigoo~ Teens nowadays are just so liberated. Tsk.”, leaving us with an annoyed look. Now what. She’s thinking the wrong way. We’re not even doing something. You know, something fishy. It’s just that she took it the wrong way. Hmm so that’s why I’m feeling that there is another person because of that lady. And now what Junhyung?

I stood up and stared at him for a long time, glaring at him as I left him lying on the floor.  I went downstairs and I can hear him calling my name as he smirks, “Jaehee! Don’t leave me here~ Hehehe”

“Aissh~! Shut up Junhyung!”

Then, not noticing the stairs, I accidentally stepped on the wrong stair. And then I slipped and fell down. Oops.

It was a loud crash. I can’t scream. I can’t move.

“JAEHEE!!!”

It was no other than Junhyung. (Of course. Haha.)

“Are you alright?! Aissh!~ What are you doing Jaehee?!”

I pouted and look at him in the eyes telling that, “This is your fault.”

“Ahh. Those eyes, I know what they mean. Okay, I’m sorry. Uhmm come on, let’s go home okay?”

“How??? I can’t stand and I can’t walk either.”

“It’s easy.”

He take a hold of my injured foot.

“Neomu apa~” I said pleading to take it slowly.

“Ahh. Mianhe~”

And then he slowly massaged it.

“Are you alright?”

It hurts a bit but as he applies pressure on it, it relieves the pain and so I nodded as a response.

“Can you walk now? Or does it still hurt?”

I tried my best to stand up and walk slowly but unfortunately, my back and foot still hurts.

“I can stand, but I can’t walk…”

“Well then, come on, ride on my back.”

“Are you sure?”

I resisted for about three times but he insisted. And besides what’s the other way to get out of this building? Haha.

He carried me from the highest floor up to the ground floor. Is this real? Or am I just dreaming.

“Yah Junhyung oppa~ where will you bring me now?”

“To your house of course, where else do you think am I gonna bring you?” and he smirked as he look at me.

“Aissh~ are you sure? But… it’s still far away from here and besides; you don’t know where my house is.” I said sticking my tongue. :P

“Well is that a problem Jaehee? If you don’t want to tell where your house is, then I can take you home and we will…”

“What are you talking about Junhyung?! --”

“Mwo?! You’re getting paranoid again! I said we will sleep in our house!”

“Ahh mianhae~ Hehe nevermind what I said.”

“Calling me a ert. Geez. Where is the way?”

“Over there. Ehh are you sure you’ll take me home?”

“Neh~”

And he started walking then I heard my tummy grumble. Oops I haven’t eaten since lunch. TT__TT

“Jaehee yah~ what’s that? Hahaha.”

“Eh? Uhmm nothing.” I said and then it grumbles again. Haha.

“Hahahaha”

“What are you laughing at?!”

“Uhmm nothing. Haha do you want to eat?”

“But there’s no store open, no food. :3”

“Then just wait until we reach your house. Haha.”

He carried me throughout the way and when were about to walk in the over-pass…

“Yah~ how’s that now?”

“I’ll carry you.”

“But…”

“Don’t worry, just hold on to me tight.”

“But you-…”

“No more buts, I can Jaehee.”

He carried me in the staircase. I know he’s tired, I can feel it. But I have no choice, he insisted it in the first place.

When we reach the porch I whispered to him to bring me down.

“Are you sure you?”

“Neh. And you need some rest too.”

He looked at me as I stare on the bright night sky filled with twinkling stars. I smiled like a fool thinking about… this beautiful moment.

“Yah~ what are you staring and doing there for so long?”

“Eh? Uhmm they said that when you point out the stars in the sky and connected them in to the initials of the one you love, you’ll end up together… forever.”

“Psh. You believe in those?” he said looking away.

“Y…J.” I murmured as I connected the stars.

And he slowly turned his head to me and stared at me.

“Do we need to go home now?”

He’s still staring like me… like a jerk.

Do I need to repeat what I just said? Hmm.

“Junhyung, let’s go hom--”

“No.”

And things went so fast yet smoothly. He moved a few steps closer to me, slowly embrace my head and gently caress my forehead with his tender, soft and sweet lips. Yes, he kissed me… in my forehead. XD ♥

I closed my eyes and ponder if I’m only dreaming or if he really kissed me. And the moment I opened them again…

“Yah Jaehee~”

I saw Junhyung looking at me as if nothing has happened.

“Eh Jaehee. Why are you smiling?” Hahaha!

Maybe I’m just dreaming. Hmm as if I heard a heart-breaking sound inside me. But I pretended that nothing has happened.

“Ahh n-n-nothing. Let’s go home.” I tried to walk away as I hold onto the handrail.

“Oh can you walk already?”

“I’m trying.”

I got a bit disappointed to know that that kissing scene was only an imagination of mine. I’m enduring my foot pain as I tried to walk but since it really hurts and forcing it just adds to my agony, I tripped.

“Oh Jaehee! You can’t, so don’t force yourself. Ara?”

I just nod and he carried me again in his back.

As he carried me, time seems to stop and I felt like the whole world is just revolving between the two of us. I have the second thought that he might really kissed me, but I don’t have the guts to ask him or even confront him. And besides, it’s an awkward thing for a girl like me.

“Jaehee?”