CHAPTER 3 Bad Day or Good Day?

Unspoken...

Everything changed when he started doing unexpected things… and unexpected series of events happened.

The next thing I know is his different attitude when he is with me. But still, he is the same Junhyung that I hate when he is with others. Even though I don’t talk to him and I always ignore him, I still can feel his strong presence.

It was already 10pm that night and I’m still thinking about him. How did he knew my name? Why did he called me? What does he want to say? Oh, waeyo. Why am I thinking of that stupid bastard who just ruined my day? Okay. I was just about to sleep when I remembered that I haven’t done my project yet! I hurriedly rise from my bed and started to do it. Geez, it was so hard since it was a model of something about mirrors. In addition to, I need to be cautious in doing that since its main material is glass. I stayed up that night just to finish it. And it’s a good thing that I managed to.

The next day was a messed for me! I thought it would just be an ordinary day but it wasn’t. Yes, it’s so predictable. Because again, it was because of Junhyung. I was making my way to school holding this project that I stayed up last night. I was walking so sleepy beside the road. I kept on standing still but I can’t since I was so tired that I can’t help my posture to remain still. Then… something surprised me. A black car behind my back honk at me! I was so shock that I accidentally dropped my project! My drowsiness broke from silence. I was awakened – totally awakened when I saw my project, my project that I stayed up last night now broken – broken into pieces I know I could never bring back. Then the window of the car went down slowly and I saw Junhyung! He even spoke in a dog-like manner saying, “Jaehee! What’s the matter with you? Walking like a zombie eh? Hahaha!” But instead of looking back at him, I sat in frustration and started to pick the broken pieces of my project. He passed at me and saw the whole thing. I was a bit surprised when the car stopped and the door open. Junhyung stood in front of me and asked, “Hey. What happened in here?” But I ignored him. How dumb he was not knowing that he’s the reason behind this whole thing. Being reckless in picking the broken glass, I accidentally wounded my finger. He was shocked when he saw blood in my fingers. He held my hand and said, “Jaehee, are you alright?!” He looked me straight in the eyes and I can feel his concern to me. “But no Jaehee. He’s the reason why I was sleepy since I forgot to do this because I was thinking about him. He’s the reason why my project is ruined. And he’s the reason why my finger is wounded!” I said to myself. And now I would forgive him just because he looks sincere?! No way! I refused and walk away leaving him with my ruined project. Hmm! And now, I’m going to my class – late.

“Ms. Park, where’s your project?”

“Ahh… Sir…”

“What? Will you give something to me or not? No more extensions. Only today you’re allowed to pass it.”

I walked to my seat with my head looking down. And then I noticed Junhyung looking at me from the window. I glared at him but when I realized he’s holding my project, I looked at him again. But he’s not there anymore. Now what! My eyes widened in shock, I’m not sure if he really does holds my project or if it was just some sort of illusion. But what’s worse is that my ruined project is not with me! Though it’s already broken, I think I can still repair it. But what will I repair now?! When even that piece of junk is not here with me! Err. There’s no way I’m going to do again a new project. Seriously, I wanted this class to end already so that I can find it. And as I wait for this class to end, I sip my wounded finger trying to ease the pain.

When were already dismissed, I hurriedly ran to the hallway looking for him. No, I mean looking for my project. Now where is he? And then I remember to check the place where I left it. But it’s not there. Aissh~ I felt bad again and bowed my head going back to the campus grounds. Then I heard a familiar voice said, “You’re looking for me?” I turned my back and saw Junhyung with my project.

I went in front of him. Take a deep breath and was about to grab that thing on his hand. But he lifted it, that I couldn’t reach it anymore. I tried to reach it, but he just lifted it higher and higher until I was already jumping just to reach it, but still I can’t. He’s getting under my nerves already! Maybe he’s angry with me because I glared at him and ignored him. But… Shouldn’t I be the one who’s angry to him because he ruined my project?! Oh my I think it doesn’t matter now. So I should plead to him to give it to me? But how about my pride? Err.. you Park Jaehee, needs to do this!

For the second time, I took a deep breath again and said, “Yong Junhyung! My project, please give it to me now! Jebal?!~” I said, closing my eyes and as I did a pleading pose in my hands. Surprisingly, I heard him laugh. Yes, laugh as in LOL. I slowly opened my eyes and saw him. What the heck is he trying to do?! Fooling around?! Well not in a time like this! My eyes are getting teary already because of extreeeeeeeeme anger plus humiliation. But he just smiled at me, lean his face closer to mine and whispered, “Jaehee, don’t worry, I’ll help you with this since 50% of it was my fault, right?” “50%?! Say what?! In fact, its 101% it was your fault!” I said in a low voice as I said not looking at him. “Mwo?” “Oh nothing, I just said… Let’s get started?” “Alright.” he then said and went to the nearest shed. I’ve got nothing to do but to follow him.

We then started to do it. While doing my part, I notice him not doing his and he’s just staring at what I’m doing. I ignored him at first but it annoyed me a lot since he’s not even doing a thing. So I decided to stop what I’m doing and said,

“Hmm. I think I’m tired already. I need a little rest. How about doing this cutting for me? Since you’ve been staring at it since we’ve started, I think it’s time you do it now.” I handed him the materials but still he can’t start it.

“Why can’t you do it?! You’re staring at it for so long!”

“Ahhm. I’m not really looking at it you know.” He replied.

“Then what are you staring at?! The paper, the scissor…”

He interrupted me by saying, “YOU.”

I was speechless when I heard him said that. I was melting like a cold Popsicle in a hot sunny day. And to avoid myself to be melted completely, “Aigoo. Let me do it.” I said as I grabbed the scissors in his hand not being aware of it that it can harm me. And it did, it wounded my previous cut. But it doesn’t matter for me even though my wound was worsen from its previous condition. I just did this ‘self-medication’ I always do whenever I have cuts – sipping it. For me, it eases the pain and stops the flow of blood. Besides, this skill becomes handy just like a first-aid kit. And as I was sipping my wound, an unexpected thing happened. Junhyung take a hold of my hand and grabbed it, leaning closer to me. And he did what I was doing. I can feel his soft and tender lips sipping my finger. I cannot even feel the pain of the wound when he did that. I can read in his brown eyes looking at me his apology and sincerity. Now, I am more speechless that I am before. How I wish I did let myself to melt a while ago rather than causing trouble and trouble that leads us in a situation like this. But then I realized a positive outcome out of this situation. Well, it does feel good to me that my ‘self-medication’ was done by someone. Besides, it’s for the first time and it really eased the pain.

Silence again. It makes me deaf. How about having an icebreaker Jaehee? Hmm what now. What now.

“It’s okay now.” I said and he let it go.

“Are you really alright?”

I nodded in response.

After that incident, he then started to cooperate but it was so awkward for me now after all that happened. If he’s the one staring at me a while ago, now I’m the one staring at him. I can’t help myself and I don’t even know why. Looking at him makes my head go round and think of random things about him. His hair, eyes, lips… Oh, he’s really more handsome than I thought. Unfortunately, he noticed me and said, “Ahh, you’re staring at me huh?” I denied and said, “I’m not! I-I-I’m looking at what you’re doing, checking if you’re doing the right thing!” He laughed at me. Seriously, I’m really looking at him. I just smiled quietly. I admit, he has good looks. We finished fixing it! And it was a relief for the both of us.

“Alright. I’ll pass this now. I’ll leave first.” I said. “I’ll accompany you.” He said.

“What? No need. It isn’t your project anyway.” I said leaving him there, being cold as always.

“Good morning Mr. Jang.” I said bowing my head as I enter my professor’s room.

“Oh, you’re going to pass your project today?”

“Yes sir. Here it is.”

“Hahaha. Just in time before I leave. Well, as expected, you’re outputs are always good.” After hearing that, I smiled back at him.

“Ohh. What a relief.” I said to myself as I leave the room. Surprisingly...