CHAPTER 1 That Awkward Meeting

Unspoken...

“Oh my! That is Junhyung oppa! He’s really hot!” my best friend, Hyuna exclaimed. “What is with that guy anyway that everyone in this campus admires him? Aissh~” I whispered to myself glaring at him. “What did you just say?!” she asked me. “Why do you always admire him?! There’s nothing really special about him. His looks are just so ordinary. And look at his hair, we’re in Korea not in the Western. Aigoo~” I said changing the tone of my voice. “Arrgh! I really don’t know what your taste is. You’re so weird.” she replied.

While everyone is awe by his performance in stage, everyone screams as his body dance on the groove, everyone fantasizes hearing his alluring but not-so-attractive voice for me. I, Park Jaehee, a sophomore student despises him – Yong Junhyung, a junior student. If his admirers can tell why they like him, (preferably because of his looks and his appeal) I can’t tell the exact reason why I don’t like him and even why I hate him. Looks? Attitude? Maybe both? But still, I really can’t tell why or explain the reason behind.

“Miss Park. Come over here.”

“Yes Ma’am?”

“Please give this note to Mr. Lee in the P.E. Department.”

On my way, I passed by an ice cream store and because I didn’t take my breakfast, I decided to buy an ice cream. I prefer strawberry flavor but unfortunately, they only got chocolate so I’ve got no choice. And now, I’m walking alone towards that P.E. Department with my ice cream. Oh yes, the P.E. Department which is also referred to as the Arts Institution of Yeongdae High, our school. And I really hate going there because it is where those talented students hang around and even him! Haven’t I told you? Those talented students are so arrogant and they despise us – the Superior Class, or the home of the gifted and the cream of the crops. Well, Yeongdae High is actually a Science school but then, these so called talented people invaded us. Well, if they’re the talented type, we are the genius type. Oh yes I’m getting nearer. Few more steps and I am going to hand-over this note to Mr. Lee. Not noticing what’s in front of me because I was so busy eating and talking to my ice cream, well, talking to objects has always been my mannerism, I accidentally did make a scene – a very stupid scene.

“Shibal!~ What did you just did to my shirt!? A manly voice yelled. I slowly look up and saw him! Neh!~ It is him! There are so many students in our school but why did I get the chance to meet him in this very foolish way! Anyway, I really don’t want to meet him but why did I?

“Mian~” I said in an insulting way and tried to walk away but he block my way and he didn’t let me pass over him.

“Ahh. So you’re trying to run away from me?” And he draw his face nearer and nearer to mine. I’m getting pissed. So do you know what I did? I simply point to him my ice cream. I didn’t stain his face with my ice cream though but this unknown and stupid person who came running at my back accidentally push me and guess what?! I pushed him and I fell above his body that he is very proud off. Our faces were so close to each other and I can even feel his breath and I know he feels mine too. That was the first time our eyes met and it was an intense feeling. Then I heard the crowd scream. I was awakened from a dream that I thought but it was reality that I didn’t expected to be. I hurriedly stand and now I can feel the cold feeling of ice cream spread on my chest that I should have supposedly feel a while ago but I didn’t and it’s because of him, he’s a great destruction or should I say the hotness of his body eradicated the coldness of my ice cream? Oh my what am I thinking? So stupid.

“Look at my shirt now! Don’t you know that I’m going to have a rehearsal today with my group mates?!” he suddenly shouted at me.

“I’m sorry.” I did apologize to him, I don’t know why but maybe because it was really my fault.

“What will I do now?!”

I don’t know what to say. Everyone looks at me as if I’m a criminal. I can’t do anything so I just handed him my handkerchief.

“A handkerchief? Do it yourself.”

He was referring to me to clean the stained on his clothes. I did a wiping but ran away immediately. I left my handkerchief as I left him burst in anger. I went to the office of Mr. Lee and quickly handed him the papers. I had much time in that scenario and now back to my classes…

“You’re 15 minutes late. Better get out of my class and stay outside.”

Yes, some teachers are really rude or strict. If you’re late, they will not allow you to attend their class anymore, that’s a rule to them. I stayed outside strolling around and then I remember to change my clothes since I’ve been feeling tacky since that awkward meeting with him. I went to my locker and then to the ladies room. Then I heard someone called me, “Hey girl in that chocolate-stained uniform.” I looked around but saw no one. I turned to make my way out and he is there, in front of me. I was shocked and also irritated.

“What?!”

He didn’t speak immediately but instead he moved towards me and I’ve got nothing to do but to move backward since we’re getting closer already as he approaches me.

“Do you have any plan on saying sorry to me for staining my shirt and running away from me”?

“I told you twice. I am not going to say it thrice.”

And he moved again, two steps forward to me that I was already leaning at the wall. He pushed the wall with his right hand just beside my face.

“Don’t you know that girls in here are admiri--”

“I know. But I don’t I admire you.”

“Oh Junhyung! What a fearless lady! Hahaha!” one of his friends suddenly said.

He drew his face against mine like what he did before but now it’s closer. Eye-to-eye. So intense. But I’m still not getting attached to him. “Get away from me you ert.” and then I walk away. Who is he anyway to block my way? I heard a bundle of laughs from my behind and I heard someone said, “Whoah! Did you hear that Junhyung? You’re a ert! Hahaha!” and they all laugh again. In ladies room, as I’m inside of the cubicle, I can hear everyone talked about us, yes about that very stupid incident. They even despise me now. Are they jealous at me? Proceeding to my next class, everyone glares at me and talks about me. But I don’t care. I’m invulnerable.

It was already lunch break and I, together with my best friends, Park Jiyeon and Kim Hyuna went to the refectory. And my agony starts in here…