Chapter 4

It's complicated

You guys went to the venue that you both agreed and park your bikes at the nearest bike rack, locking it. "You're good?", you nod as an answer. "Alright then" he said as he gets the basketball out of his backpack. Without knowing, you snatch the ball out of his hands. "Ugh, you're so slow" you said as you dribble the ball, throwing it into the ring. He looked at you in awe "wait, how did you do that?"

"Aw come on dude, were here to play remember? Let's go then" you said getting impatient. "I thought were on a date" Jin blushes while rubbing the tip of his shoes to the ground. You rolled your eyes and threw him the ball. "Just play already". "Alright-alright" Jin rubbed his neck You both did passes and started to play. He was underestimating you at first because your petite figure but turns out you're really good at it. He ended up chasing you around trying to get the ball away from your control but he can't, you were too slick. "You played with those seniors and you can't play with me? Pfft lame" you dribbled the ball around him. "Fine, you win. Damn, you're fast alright. Can I sit? I need to catch my breath" he said sitting down while wiping sweat from his forehead. You felt kind of sorry so you bought water for the both of you and sat next to him.

"Have you ever thought of taking basketball as an extracurricular activity? You're good at it" you gave a bottle of water to Jin. "I never really thought of it I guess...you know I'm not good with people" Jin shrugged. "But you're good...really good in fact" you looked at him. "I'll try to audition if you do too" his eyes filled with hope. "Why?" "Because...you're like my ice breaker. I need you to help me fight my shyness". You froze for a while, a dozen of things was running through your mind after he said that. Letting out a sigh you said "fine". Without realizing, its already 5pm. "Let's go, I can't keep dropping you home late" he said to you as he stood up, holding his hand out to bring you up. You took his hand, "Alright...wait, I can go home by myself" you said blushing. "I want to end this date formally" he smiled at you. "God, you're so damn cheesy".

You both got your bikes out of the bike racks, unlocking it and started to paddle right away. You were enjoying the last of your date, chatting away while biking home. It was fun, you felt a tingle inside you that you've never felt before, and the weird part is that you liked it. Before you knew it...you arrived in front of your house. He said goodbye to you and went home. You felt jiggly inside, but you knocked it aside. I just met him, how can I like the guy? That's ridiculous. You went inside your house greeted by your mom. She kept on asking about your date while eating dinner and you just kept on smiling. After a while of talking, you excused yourself to take a bath. You put your pyjamas on and lie on your bed. You kept thinking about Jin's smile, his blush, everything. The date means a lot to you. You can't sleep, you don't want this day to end. You cherish it too much to let it end.

The next day you were all smiles. All of the chores that your gave to you by your mom was done under one hour. Your mom was so confused at you, you were usually lazy as hell on weekends but today you looked so renewed. You kept thinking on the types of girls that Jin might like, you even googled things that would help you get the guy that you like. This is all so new to you, and frankly it scares you a little. You don't want to be heads over heels about the date all day long so you decided to do make summaries of your subjects, which again you rarely do. "God, why am I being like this" covering your head with a pillow as you groaned. "I should sleep, I'm outta my mind" and you did.

You woke up just in time for lunch, your tummy rumbling as you smell your mothers cooking downstairs. "Hi Mom, that smells nice", she smiled at you. "You should go on a date with him again" your mom smiled at you. "And why is that? and its not a date, its a basketball match" you leaned you hip on the kitchen table. "Because after that date you cleaned the house less than an hour" she shrugged. "MOM, NOT FUNNY" you stormed to the living room. You mom laughed and went back to cooking "but he looks like a good kid honey, give him a try". I'm trying to Mom, believe me.