Dani's New Friend

You've Given Hope To Me

After a few rounds of dancing, you and Hyungseok got closer. 

The music stopped and the crowd turned their attention to the DJ. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen. Ya'll know it's Saturday night tonight right? So, what does that means?", he put the mic at crowd.

"BATTLES!!", the crowd cheered. "Hell yeahhh~ Alright. For the newcomers, this is a section where any random people can get their asses up here and show us what you got. Either dancing, singing, rapping, what the hell. Just show us what you got and get a chance to go up against our famous BangTan Boys.", the DJ explained. The crowd cheered louder at the mention of BangTan. 

"BangTan? Where have I heard that before?", you mumbled to yourself. Just then, seven boys went up on stage. "Wassup, ladies and gentlemen?!", a fimiliar playful voice greeted the crowd. You squinted your eyes to see who was up there on the stage.

"How are ya'll tonight? It's your boy, Suga!", Suga introduced himself. "Wait a sec. That's Yoongi!", your lips parted.

"Alright alright. First thing first.. BangTan.. Show us what you prepared for tonight.", the DJ nodded at BangTan. BangTan smiled and got into their positions. Jin held up an OK sign. The DJ put on some music.

The music started playing and BangTan got in the groove. They danced and danced. Your jaw dropped at how amazing they were. 

"Wow." You blinked with round eyes. Hyungseok smirked. "Their good, right?", he asked. You nodded. "Really good." 

They finished their dance and the crowd cheered hard. You just clapped your hands in a still rather dazed mode. 

"Alright, now.. It's time for the battles! Who's up first?", the DJ asked. Then, a male in a black hoodie came up on stage. "Give him an applause, people!", the DJ said. The crowd clapped. 

"Okay. State name, what kind of battle and who do you wanna go up against?" The DJ handed the microphone to that male. "Name's Jihyung. I'd like to have a dance battle with J-Hope.", he pointed at J-Hope. 

"Oooooohhhhh!!!" Jihyung gave the microphone back to the DJ. "Alright. J-Hope, you ready to go, bruh?", he asked. J-Hope put on his spiked mask over his mouth and stepped forward. He held thumb up at the DJ. 

"Ya'll ready?", the DJ asked. "Music!!!!", the crowd chorused. The DJ put on the music. J-Hope motioned for Jihyung to go first. Jihyung first bopped his head to the music then got into the groove. The crowd cheered for Jihyung. You joined as well. 

After Jihyung was done, J-Hope smirked in his mask and slide at Jihyung. He stood back up and started krumping. The crowd cheered louder. You, once again went all blank when you saw him dancing. *Heol.*

J-Hope ended his turned with a seven pose. Jihyung sighed and shook his head. He surrendered. "J-HOPE WINS!", the DJ announced. J-Hope shook hands and hugged Jihyung. He held a thumb up at Jihyung. Jihyung bowed at him and went off the stage. 

"Okay. Who's next?", the DJ called. 

While the battles went on, you pulled Hyungseok to go have some drink. "One shot of whiskey.", Hyungseok held up his index finger. "How about you?", he turned to you. You shook your head with a smile. "Thanks, but I don't drink."

"Oh, then, coke for the lady.", Hyungseok ordered. The bartender nodded and went to get the drinks. 

 The waiter then came back with the drinks.

"Cheers", Hyungseok held up his drink. You giggled and held up your glass of coke, "Cheers." Hyungseok made his shot while you drank some of your coke.

"Don't you wanna try and have a battle with them?", you asked Hyungseok. He chuckled. "I've done once. I don't wanna go there again.", he said.

You blinked. "You've battled before? Who with?" Hyungseok nodded at the stage. You turned your head at the stage.

Right then, RapMon was on stage rap battling with one of the volunteers. You turned back to Hyungseok. "Namjoon?", you asked. Hyungseok nodded. You looked back at RapMon. *He is quite good.*

Hyungseok tapped your hand. "Just so you know.. No one is allowed to call RapMon by his real name except for BangTan members.", he said. You tilted your head. "You mean Namjoon?" Hyungseok nodded.

"He doesn't allow anyone to call him that. Only the ones who are close to him can call him by his real name." You blinked. "Why is that? But wait.. I heard our teacher called him "Namjoon". He seemed okay to me."

"He let the teachers slide cause he knows it's no use talking to them about it. But among the public, it's RapMon.", Hyungseok said. You made an O shape with your mouth and nodded.

"Since we are on the subject, tell me about them BangTan.", you crossed your arms. "Why do you wanna know them?", Hyungseok asked. "Well, I need to know. Their my schoolmates anyways. I feel like I need to know.", you said. 

Hyungseok chuckled. "Okay.." You uncrossed your arms and propped up an elbow and placed your chin on your fist. "BangTan is actually a gang. A very famous one in Seoul.", Hyungseok started. You blinked with rounded eyes. "A gang? Like drugs, fighting, and killing and weapons and all?"

He laughed. "Minus the drugs and weapons.", he smiled. "Oh.. Just the fighting and KILLING?", you gaped. 

"Yeah.", Hyungseok nodded. "Wait. They've killed people before?", you asked. Hyungseok looked at your expression. "Scared?"

"Well, not really. I mean.. I don't know.. I guess I'm not.", you said. Hyungseok furrowed his eyebrows. You shook your head and turned your face to Hyungseok. "Continue."

"Well, BangTan is actually a really nice group of people. Just don't get to their bad sides, that's all.", Hyungseok shrugged. "Most of the time, they don't look for trouble. Trouble always find them.", he added.

"How about the members?", you asked. "Not really sure about that. I can't say since I've only heard rumours. No one really knows BangTan's background.", Hyungseok replied. You nodded. 

You turned your head and looked at the stage. Jimin was having a dance battle. *There is something about these boys that triggers me? What is it?* You were deep in thought. 

Just then, "I need to go home. I'm working tomorrow." You stood up from the stool. Hyungseok put his hands in his pockets. "Let me send you." He offered. 

"Nah. That's alright. I got my chaperones here.", you waved. "Come on. I'll help you find them.", Hyungseok said. You smiled, "Thanks. Come on."

The two of you checked the whole club. You sighed. *Where are these two oppas?* Just then, you zoomed your eyes at the bar. Taejun was there drinking. You walked over to him. 

"Taejun oppa~~", you tapped his shoulder. He turned around. "Heyyyy!! Dani~~ -hiccup-", he giggled. You raised an eyebrow. "Oh crap. You're drunk.", you sighed. "No, I'm not.", he denied. You rolled your eyes. "Where's Jihoon, oppa?"

"How should I know?", Taejun lazily answered. You shook your head. Hyungseok came through the crowd. "Hey, Dani~ I thought I've lost you.", Hyungseok chuckled. You smiled. "Still here."

"Who are you, mister?", Taejun blinked his droopy eyes at Hyungseok. "Oppa, this is a friend of mine. Hyungseok.", you introduced. Taejun tilted his head. "Ohh.. Cool.. Whatever..", he waved. You sighed. "I'm sorry.", you apologised to Hyungseok. He chuckled and shook his head, "Don't worry about it."

"Where is Jihoon oppa, dammit?", you put your hands on your hips. Just then, Jihoon came over to the bar. "Yo! One more!" You quickly ran to him while Hyungseok stayed with Taejun. "Jihoon oppa.", you hugged his arm. 

Jihoon turned his head at you. "Ohhh.. My baby~~", Jihoon hugged you. You widened your arms and lightly pushed him away. You held him by the shoulders. "Oppa, please tell me your sober!"

"Of course I am. -hiccup-", Jihoon said. You sighed. *Oh, man~* "Okay. Let's go. We're going home.", you said. "But I wanna drink some more.", Jihoon pouted. You shook your head. "No, oppa. We have to go."

Jihoon looked at you. You had a helpless look on your face. *Curse your pretty face, Dani.* He nodded. "Let's go." You smiled. You put his arm around your shoulder. "I'll help you~"

Jihoon and you walked over to Taejun and Hyungseok. "Alright. I guess we have to part here.", you smiled at Hyungseok.Jihoon looked at you then looked at Hyungseok. "Let me help you.", Hyungseok offered. You shook your head. "No no. I don't wanna burden you."

"Are you sure you're strong enough to carry your two chaperones?", Hyungseok raised an eyebrow at you. You looked at Taejun who were starting to doze off. You sighed. "I hope I'm not burdening you." Hyungseok smiled. "You're not. I'm the one with the offer."

He put Taejun's arm around his shoulder. "Come, hyung~" Taejun just followed along. The four of them walked through the crowd. You first took the belongings from the locker and came back for Jihoon. You and Jihoon were in the back while Hyungseok and Taejun were at the front.

Just then, "Omo. I'm so sorry~" You apologised as you bumped into someone. You looked up. Your mouth parted a bit. *Namjoon.*

RapMon looked down at you. *That girl.*

"Um, excuse me.", you walked past RapMon. RapMon's eyes followed you until at the exit. *Who was that man she was helping?* RapMon thought. He blinked. "Wait. What the hell?" He shook it off and walked towards the bar.

The four of you walked out of the club until at Jihoon's car. You searched for Jihoon's keys in his pocket. You took it out and unlocked the doors. You and Hyungseok opened the doors and helped them stepped in the car. The two of you closed the doors.

"Thank you so much.", you smiled. "It's no problem.", Hyungseok smiled back. 

You opened the car's door. "Are you driving?", Hyungseok blinked. You nodded with a smile and stepped in the driving seat. Hyungseok shrugged and stepped in the passenger seat. 

You put the key in and the engine. You wore your seatbelt. Hyungseok blinked at you then followed you. "Ready?", you asked. Hyungseok nodded. You shifted the gear and drove off. 

"Wow. You're a really good driver.", Hyungseok said. You chuckled. "Thanks."

"Where did you learn to drive like this?", he asked. "My dad. He taught me at 15. So yeah.", you answered. Hyungseok nodded in understanding. 

"Anyways, how are you gonna get home? Is your house far?", you asked. Hyungseok shook his head. "Not really. Don't worry about. I can handle myself." 

You smiled. *You know, your smile is growing on me, Dani-yah.*, Hyungseok smiled at his thought. "How about you? How are you getting home at this late hour? Aren't your parents worried?", he asked. 

You shook your head. "I'm an orphan. I live with my aunt and uncle with their two twin daughters." Hyungseok choked. "Oh my. I'm so sorry, Dani-yah. I didn't know." 

You smiled. "Don't worry about it. I'm fine." 

"Well then, aren't your aunt and uncle worried about you?", he asked. You shook your head again. "Nah. They don't give a crap about me."

"What?" Hyungseok furrowed his eyebrows. "Their house is just somewhere I can go home and sleep in. Most of time, I'm outside.", you said. "Why don't.. they care.. about you?", he tried to spoke as carefully as he could.

"I don't really know. I was never close to aunt and uncle ever since birth. I'm 18 and this is my second time I've seen them. My first was at my grandfather's funeral at age 6. That's all.", you answered. "Ohh.", Hyungseok did not know what to respond. 

"Don't think about it. It should be my concern which I don't even see as a concern right now.", you said. Hyungseok nodded. 

Then, you've arrived at Jihoon and Taejun's apartment. You parked the car. The four of you went up and stepped in the apartment. 

"Wow. Nice place they have here.", Hyungseok beamed. "It should be. They got scolded by me when I first visit here to have dinner with them.", you said. Hyungseok blinked at you. *She scolded them?*

You stepped in Jihoon's room. You put Jihoon in his bed and took off his shoes for him. You pulled the blanket over him. "Have a good sleep, Jihoon oppa." You stepped out of his room. 

"I gotta hurl!", Taejun ran to the bathroom. "Huh~ He still remembers the bathroom. Thank God.", you said that thought out loud as you followed Taejun in the back. Hyungseok lightly laughed and followed you.

"Blueeekkkkk~~~!", Taejun threw up in the toilet bowl. You sighed and pulled your hair back. You patted his back. "Let it out.", you said. Taejun really did. 

"Done?", you asked. Taejun nodded. "Wash your mouth.", you said. Taejun did as told. You helped Taejun out of bathroom. You brought him to the kitchen. "Sit." You pointed at the chair and Taejun did as told. Hyungseok stood behind Taejun's chair. 

You made a warm honey tea and you placed it infront of Taejun. "Drink up and go to sleep, okay?", you patted Taejun's shoulder. He nodded and brought his drink to his room. You followed behind him.

You got Taejun settled in his bed. You pulled the blanket over him. "Good night, oppa.", you patted his chest. "Good night, Dani. Sorry oppa can't drive you home tonight.", Taejun said. 

You chuckled. *Your conscious enough to realise that?* "It's okay. I'll be alright. See you tomorrow."

You closed the lights and stepped out of the room. "Done?", Hyungseok pushed himself off the wall. You sighed in relief and nodded. "Done."

"Now, let's go.", you waved. Hyungseok followed you out of the apartment. You and Hyungseok went down to the lobby and out of the building. 

The two of you got in the taxi and was on the way to your house. In the cab, your head kept on bobbing from left to right. Hyungseok chuckled. *She must be really tired.* He scooted closer to you. He gently put your head on his shoulder. Your eyes blinked open after your head was laid on his shoulder. You were awkward but decided not to move. Eventually, you fell asleep.

Soon, the taxi arrived at your house. Hyungseok gently caressed your arm. "Dani~~"

"Mm?", you slowly opened your eyes. "We're here.", Hyungseok pointed out the window. You lifted your head up and looked outside. *Oh yeah.* 

"Thank you, sir.", you thanked the taxi driver and stepped out. Hyungseok asked the taxi driver to wait and he stepped out the taxi too. 

"Let me walk you.", Hyungseok said. "Eh? No. The meter's running.", you tried to push him back. "Don't worry about it.", he waved and walked ahead. You sighed and tagged in the back. 

"You know, we've only known each other for a few hours and you're already nice to me. Why?", you aksed. Hyungseok chuckled. "Is it wrong?"

"No. But like.. You're acting as if we've known each other for years.", you said. "I do that a lot. It's my character.", Hyungseok defended. "Ohh." *So I'm not the only one that he's done this to before.* You nodded. 

Hyungseok looked to the side and squizzed his eyes. *That came out wrong. Please don't be misunderstood by that statement, Dani.*

You and Hyungseok arrived at the doorstep. "Hmm, thanks again, Hyungseok-ah.", you smiled. "It was no problem, Dani-yah.", Hyungseok smiled back. 

"By the way, may I ask, do you work?", Hyungseok asked. "Yeap. I do.", you nodded. 

"Where?", he blinked. "TeukBbang Bakery.", you said. "Oh, that new bakery?", Hyungseok pointed in the air as if he was pointing at the place. You chuckled. "Yeah. That place.", you pointed in the air as well, teasing him.

"Oh.. Keke. Hmm, I might pay a visit.", Hyungseok said. "Oh, alrighty. Come by and taste the delicious TeukBbang food.", you winked. "You're already promoting?", Hyungseok raised an eyebrow. You chuckled. "Hey. It is my job~", you shrugged. 

Hyungseok lightly laughed. "Alright. You better go in.", Hyungseok pointed at the door. You nodded. "Yeah. Alright. Have a good night. Sweet dreams. Go home safely."

"Will do. You too, Dani. Good night and sweet dreams.", Hyungseok nodded. You held out your hand. Hyungseok slipped his hand in yours and shook it. You took our your spare key and opened the door. You stepped in and gave a last wave. He waved back with a smile. 

You closed the door and Hyungseok walked back to the taxi. He got on and drove off.