TeukBbang

You've Given Hope To Me

School finally ended and kids flooded out. You were the last to leave. You walked up to the teacher. "Goodbye, Mr. Kim.", you bowed 90 degrees. Mr. Kim is your mathematics teacher who is in his 40s. Mr. Kim pushed his glasses up and smiled. "Oh, yes. Goodbye, Dani~"

You turned and walked towards the door. You stepped out of the classroom. 

On the way to the front gate, you saw Yooni and Yoomi a few feets away from you. They were with Insoo and another boy. You smirked. *Just as I thought.* You tugged the strap of your backpack and just walked past them. 

As you walked by, Insoo noticed and ran towards you. Yooni's eyes followed Insoo. She saw him greeting you. She gritted her teeth and furrowed her eyebrows. *What the hell?!*

You turned your head towards Insoo as he called. Insoo caught up with you. "Hey~", he nodded. You let out a small smile. "Hi."

"Where are you going now? Let's hangout.", Insoo elbowed you. "Uh.. I'm actually kind of busy today.", you said. "Oh.. Okay..", Insoo bit his lower lip. "But.. Promise me, we'll hang out?", he added. You looked at him. "Mm, yeah. Sure.", you nodded. 

"Promise?", Insoo held up his pinky. You had no choice but to laced your pinky around his. Insoo gave out a small yet attractive smile. You smiled back. The two of you walked to the gates. 

"I'll see you~", you bowed and headed to the left. Insoo chuckled at your manner and waved, "Bye, Goo Dani~" You turned your head at Insoo and gave a small wave. You turned back around and walked ahead. 

--------

"Dude, she totally wants me!", V beamed. "Please. She was looking at me.", Suga smirked. "Oh God. I hope your ugliness didn't effect their eyes, hyung.", V sarcastically said. "Yah!", Suga kicked V's behind.

Jungkook and Jin laughed while J-Hope chuckled. RapMon kept a straight face. As they arrived their motorcycles, you walked by.

"Oh? Hey, guys. Look. The new girl.", Jimin pointed. They turned their heads at you. At that time, you untied your bun and let down your hair. The wind blew and your hair flew. "Whoaa~", V practically drooled.

You stopped infront of a random car and checked yourself out in the window's reflection. You put on some lipbalm. You straightened your posture and flipped your hair. BangTan was mesmerized by your every moment. Including RapMon. And he was not the type to be easily attracted to a girl.

You tugged the strap of your backpack and walked ahead. "Jungkook, can I have her?", V asked. "Ugh. Hell no, hyung! I found her first.", Jungkook disapproved.

"Yah. I'm your hyung~", V snapped. "So?", Jungkook stucked his tongue out. "Guys, seriously?", Jin raised an eyebrow. V and Jungkook blinked at Jin. Jin shook his head. 

"Let's go~", Jin waved. All seven of them wore their helmets. They their engines and drove off. 

BangTan drove past you and the wind accidently blew your skirt up. "Ommayah!", you quickly fixed your skirt. The BangTan laughed. Suga bumped fist with V. *Who were those guys?* You thought as you fixed your skirt. *Psychos.*

You shook your head and headed towards the bus stop. You got on the bus and got off somewhere in town. 

You looked around. You were trying to look for vacancies. You tried a few restaurants but no luck. You tried other shops. No luck as well. It was either they did not need anymore employees or you were too young/inexperience.

You walked down a road with a tiramisu bubble tea in your hand. You sipped your drink and looked around. *Come on. Help me out, God!*

Your eyes landed at a nice looking bakery shop. *That looks new.*

You walked towards the bakery. You stepped in.

You were mesmerized by the well-organized, lovely looking bakery. "Wow. It's so pretty in here."

"Oh, hello there, young lady.", a woman in her late 20s smiled. You smiled back and bowed. "Hello~" 

"How can I help you?", the woman asked. "Uh, well. Actually, ahjumma. I'm looking for a job.", you sheepishly said. The woman smiled. "Oh, wonderful. I just opened this shop with my husband and I need some young workers to help around.", she clapped. You brightened. "Really?"

"Yes. Oh my gosh. Thank you for the being the first.", the woman shook your hand. You chuckled, "So, I got the job?"

"Ye- Oh, wait. List some of your specialties.", the woman demanded. "Uh, I can speak fluent english.", you started. 

The woman widened her eyes. "Fair enough! You got it, Miss.. Uh.." 

"Dani. Goo Dani.", you said. "Dani. Alright. Well, I am Mrs. Cho Eunji. My husband is Cho Joowon. He's on an errand. He'll be back soon." Mrs. Cho smiled. 

"Oh okay~ So, when can I start?", you asked. "Today? Is that possible?", Mrs. Cho asked. You beamingly nodded. "Great. Come with me.", she said. You followed Mrs. Cho.

She led you to the back and upstairs. You blinked. *Oh? It's a house too?*

"This is my house. I live here. So, if ever you want to find me, you know where my house is.", Mrs. Cho smiled. You smiled back with a nod. Then, she led you downstairs. 

"Okay. This is the baking room. This is all where the magic happens.", Mrs. Cho beamed. "I can see that you really enjoy baking, ahjumma.", you said. "Oh yes. My husband and I were really thrilled when we bought this shop.", Mrs. Cho chuckled. You smiled.

The two of you went back upstairs and she assigned you to your job. You changed in a simple white-shirt but kept your skirt. 

"I'll give the uniform soon.", Mrs. Cho said. You held a thumb up. You got started with your job. 

You took the flyers and stepped outside. You handed out flyers to passersby. "Hi, come by TeukBbang bakery~"

(T/N: TeukBbang - Teukpyeolhan = Special, Bbang = Bread)

After an hour, Mr. Cho came back to the bakery. He looked at you. You blinked. "Who are you?", he asked. "I'm a worker here, sir.", you answered with a smile. 

"Oh, Eunji must've took you in?", Mr. Cho said. "Omo. You must be Mr. Cho. Annyeonghasaeyo~", you bowed. Mr. Cho smiled. "Ah, yes. Nice to meet you. What's your name?"

"It's nice to meet you too. My name is Goo Dani.", you said. "What a pretty name for a pretty girl. Welcome. And thank you for working for us.", Mr. Cho shook your hand. You smiled. "It's a pleasure, sir."

"Please. Lose the 'sir'. Just call me comfortably call me ahjusshi.", Mr. Cho patted your shoulder. You chuckled and nodded. "Yes, ahjusshi."

"Work hard.", Mr. Cho held a fist up. You did the same. "Nae~~"

Mr. Cho entered the bakery. "Oh, hi, honey~", Mrs. Cho smiled. "Hi, dear.", Mr. Cho kissed Mrs. Cho's cheek. "Did you meet Dani?", she asked.

"Yeah. I did.", Mr. Cho nodded. "Mesmerizing, isn't she?", Mrs. Cho beamed. Mr. Cho chuckled. "Yes. She's also very nice and mannerful." 

"I know right!", Mrs. Cho beamed. The two of them chuckled. "Oh, honey, what time does Hyunwoo end school?", Mr. Cho asked. "Oh, don't worry. One of the mothers called me and said she'll be dropping Hyunwoo here. they'll be back soon.", Mrs. Cho said. 

"Ah okay.", Mr. Cho nodded and went upstairs to change. 

You kept handing out flyers until it was finished. You went inside. 

"Um, ahjumma. We'll have to print out more flyers.", you said. "Omo. It's all gone? Already?", she blinked. You nodded. "Wow. You work fast. Okay okay. I'll go print out some more.", Mrs. Cho held up an OK sign. 

"Take care of the shop for a while, okay.", she said. You nodded. Mrs. Cho went upstairs. You took the broom and started sweeping the floor. 

Just then, KLING KLING

"Welcome to- Oh?", you blinked at the little boy. 

"Oh? Hello there~", you put the broom aside and smiled at the boy. The little boy tilted his head at you. 

"Who are you, little guy?", you knelt down. Just then, "Oh, Junsu-yah!!", Mr. Cho beamed. You jumped a bit.

"Appa~~~!", the little boy giddily ran into Mr. Cho's opened arms. Mr. Cho lifted him up and turned him around. You stood up back up. *Oh, it's their son.*

"Did you have a good time at school just now?", Mr. Cho asked. Junsu smiled and nodded. "Eung. We drew houses today.", he cutely stated. 

You cringed at Junsu's cuteness. *Aigoo~~~*

"Ah, jinjja?", Mr. Cho feigned a suprised expression. Junsu nodded. "Aigoo. Our son is so smart~ Hi-5!", Mr. Cho held his hand up. Junsu's slapped his father's hand. "Aigoo..Good boy~"

You smiled looking at the lovely bonding. Mr. Cho noticed you were standing there. "Oh, I'm sorry, Dani. This is my 5 years old son, Cho Junsu.", he introduced as he put Junsu down.

You nodded in acknowlegdement. "Junsu, this is omma and appa's new worker. Goo Dani.", Mr. Cho introduced you. "Hurry. Greet noona.", he said. Junsu bowed 90 degrees. "Annyeonghasaeyo, Dani noona. Junsu-imnida.", he greeted. 

*Oh God! Can I kill this kid already?!*, you thought. You giggled and knelt down infront of him. "Hi, Junsu. I can tell that you and I are going to be good friends. Do you want to be good friends?"

Junsu shyly nodded. You chuckled and lightly pinched Junsu's cheek. "Your so cute~", you beamed. Mr. Cho chuckled. 

Mrs. Cho finally came down with a few more copies of the flyers. She handed the flyers to you and greeted her son. 

You continued handing out them flyers. 

Night came and they closed the bakery. "Would you like to join us for dinner tonight?", Mrs. Cho asked. "Um, are you sure it won't be a burden?", you asked. Mrs. Cho smiled. "I'm the one who invited you."

You smiled. "Come on up.", Mrs. Cho waved. You followed her upstairs. 

You helped Mrs. Cho prepared the table and the four of you sat down. 

"Chambokhaeseumida.", you smiled. Mrs. Cho smiled back. "Eat a lot~" You nodded. 

The four of them started eating. "Omma, is Dani noona our family?", Junsu whispered to his mother but failed as you heard what he said. You chuckled. 

Mrs. Cho tilted her head. "Do you want her to be our family?", she asked. Junsu looked at you who was focusing on your food. He looked back at his mother. You peeked up at Junsu. He nodded with a smile. "Dani noona is pretty~" 

You smiled. *Thank you, Junsu-yah~* 

"So, Dani.. Where did you learn English?", Mr. Cho asked. "I was born in Korea but was brought up in Australia.", you said. "Ohh. Why did you come back?", Mrs. Cho asked. "My parents died.", you answered. Their faces dropped. Junsu too, stopped chewing. *Died?*

"And they've decided to make me live with my aunt and uncle in Korea. So I had to come back.", you explained. 

"Omo. We are so sorry to hear that, Dani~", Mr. Cho said. You smiled. "That's quite alright."

"Was it recent?", Mrs. Cho asked. You nodded. They nodded back in acknowledgement.

"Won't your aunt and uncle be worried about you not being home by now?", Mrs. Cho blinked. "Oh, don't worry about that. They know~", you lied. She nodded in understanding.  

"Well, feel free to treat us like your own parents. We won't be as good as your late parents but we'll try hard. Plus, Junsu already likes you. You'll be a great company for him.", Mrs. Cho caressed your hand. You smiled. "That's very nice to hear. Thank you, ahjumma." 

"Dani noona~", Junsu called. You turned your attention at Junsu. "Yes, Junsu?"

"Can you be my noona?", he innocently asked. "I'm all alone. It's boring. I have no one to play with.", he pouted cutely.

You giggled. "Keke. I'm an only child too. So I know how you feel, Junsu-yah. I'd be honored to have you as my little brother. We'll hang out a lot, alright. Whenever I have time, we'll go out and play, okay?", you held a thumb up. Junsu giddily smiled.

You smiled. *Gomawo, Junsu-yah~* Mr. and Mrs. Cho smiled looking at the two of you bonding. Junsu had always been a very shy boy. But they did not know why, he seemed very comfortable with you. They started to feel that you became some kind of lucky charm for their family.

After dinner, you bid goodbye and left the bakery. 

*Maybe coming back to Korea wasn't all that bad.*, you thought.