You're with me

Love begins here ∞♫ Woogyu oneshot collection ∞♫

Title: You're with me.

Prompt: Sungkyu is an angel who falls from the sky in front of Woohyun's house.

Word count: 1302.


I cannot explain the source of that conviction which, at important moments in my life, suddenly calls a halt to my reflections and turns them into decisions. Other people see it as a sense of timing. I never ask myself whether it's good or bad to take those decisions; necessity itself forces me to do something which, once I see it clearly, is no longer a matter of choice. To see it clearly, I have to concentrate, and for that, I have to be alone. I sold my apartment in Seoul and bought a tiny house in the countryside. Every morning, I wake up at 6 am and walk miles by myself. When I leave the house, I take with me all the problems and worries, but when I have walked for an hour, they all start to fade away. I start to notice the beauty around me, the blooming flowers, the birds, the grass, the cerulean sky. At that moment, I feel that nothing can disturb me. I let my thoughts find their own level. I never force myself to think about specific subjects- they come to me naturally. 

I am a rational man. I have never done anything foolish or anything that I will regret later. I always tried to follow my instincts. I think that coming to this little town was not a happening, neither it was a choice. It was something meant to happen. Every evening, I watch the sunset from my balcony, with a mug of coffee in my hand. That, is not a choice either- it just comes naturally, it's like my legs carry me to that specific place at that particular time. 

So, meeting Sungkyu was not a happening. I can feel it, it was meant to happen, it was written somewhere in our destiny. It was a rainy sunday afternoon. The ground was drenched with murky water and the sky was clouded. I was sitting in my oak rocking chair, sipping a hot cranberry tea from my favourite mug. The warmth of the tea was spreading inside me like fire; I closed my eyes and let the feeling embrace me. A knock on my door woke me up from my dreaming; I put the mug on the little coffee table I brought with me from Seoul and wondered who in the world would have the sheer stupidity to go out on a weather like this. I opened the door and there I saw the most beautiful human being I have ever layed my eyes on; he was probably around my age, maybe a little older. He had flaming red hair and small eyes, but the thing that amazed me the most was his white, almost translucent skin. I was staring with my mouth agape, forgetting to even breathe.

“-Help, help me, please!” he spoke softly, shivering and rubbing his palms together.

I quickly made room for him to enter and gave him a couple of towels and some of my clothes. I thought that, if he would warm up, he would have regained a natural colour , but it was almost fading now. That night, he slept in my bed and I watched him all night.

I soon found out that he was an angel fallen from the sky, punished for some mistake he had done. They broke his wings and threw him from up there, and he was lucky enough to have survived the fall.

The town soon found out that I was keeping an angel in my house. One day, they took him from me while I was away. I’ve looked for him desperately everywhere. He kept calling me, begging me to save him from them, and his voice was so scared and...dying. Eventually I found him, locked in a cage in the middle of the town. People were screaming and laughing and “if he’s indeed an angel, he will free himself”, “let’s make him do funny things” “he is a source of profit”. And he, he was just sitting in a corner of the cage, curled into a ball and crying. I could see that his skin was becoming paler and paler, his eyes had began to lose their colour, his hair was falling. I left, sobbing incontrollable, trying to find a way to get him out of there. When the night had come, I went to the place where he was being kept and ripped the chains with my bare hands; it was like I was given an incredible force just to save him. I picked him up, because he was too weak to walk by himself.

I moved to another town, and made sure that nobody could see my beautiful angel anymore. He, however, was not happy. I could see it in the way he looked at me, I could see it in the way he whispered my name.

One night, I woke up when I heard the front door opening and closing. I got out of bed and left the house, only to see Sungkyu’s red hair disappearing into the darkness. I followed him, and we soon got to a clearing in the forest. He sat on the ground, and soon his skin started glowing, beautiful white wings errupting from the smooth curve of his back. I furiously wiped the tears that were spilling from my eyes and screamed, “Don’t leave me, my angel” and he looked at me with a smile, the first time I had seen him smile, and he whispered “but I will always be with you” and he flew away, rising high into the atmosphere, a white sparkle of beauty in the darkness. I extended my hand and I saw him doing the same, and I could almost feel his gentle touch.

I have always been a rational man, that is, until I met Sungkyu. He broke me and he put me back again, he made me right. He coloured my world that day he fell from the sky right in front of my door. Until I met him, my life didn’t make sense. I was just following my destiny, not bothering to ask myself why am I doing this or that. I was a marionette in my own life. But, when he appeared, he changed me. Everything made sense with him, everything clicked. I realised that nothing happens without a reason, and the reason why I met him, was to discover myself. He was like a part of me that I had never knew about.

I don’t feel his absence. Every second, I feel him close to me, even though he’s miles and miles away, but I feel his heart. I know that he’s there with me, I know that he watches my steps and guides me. My life had changed because of him, and for that, I am grateful. I could never give my love to somebody else, I could never look at somebody else the way I looked at him. He may have left me phisically, but he never left me spiritually. He’s my guardian angel, my shining star, my everything.

Kim Sungkyu, I love you.

Woohyun took a sip from his now cold cranberry tea and put down the pen. He stood up from his chair and walked towards the big window on the eastern wall. The curtain was red, just like Sungkyu’s hair colour. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and sighed. It has been almost 5 years since Sungkyu left-and he still feels like it’s been yesterday.  But he was going to do this- he was going to write his memories and publish them, so everyone knows about his angel. He stretched his limbs and sat in his chair again, words filling the white pages and tears filling Woohyun’s brown eyes.

Sungkyu, you and me, we’re forever.


Idek I wrote this in like half an hour