Jungle Boy

Love begins here ∞♫ Woogyu oneshot collection ∞♫

Title: Jungle boy.

Prompt: Sungkyu finds Woohyun in the jungle and takes him home.

Word count: 993.


Sungkyu is a well-known scientist. His inventions are recognised worldwide and his essays are discussed by millions of students and teachers.  He is an example for every little boy, because he is only 25 years old and already has a Nobel prize. He is often asked what he did to become this famous. He always smiles and answers “It was God’s will”.

Sungkyu is, in fact, a very normal 25 year-old guy. He lives in a small, nicely decorated apartment, he has a Birman cat with pale-colored body with darker points and deep, blue eyes, he likes to grow flowers on his balcony and he hates to cook. He is, however, very adventurous, and he likes to take risks.

This is why, on a Monday afternoon, Sungkyu left his house with a huge backpack, a hat, safari clothes, sunglasses and a huge smile on his face. His neighbours waved frantically and asked him where he is going, and he yelled “I’m going to the jungle!” Oh, poor Sungkyu, he may be a smart scientist, but apparently he doesn’t know that the huge backpack is only going to cause trouble into the jungle.

The flight was quiet; Sungkyu slept through it and he woke up only when the stewardess shook him and told him they were already in Belize. He rushed to get out of the plane and rented a car from the village, driving to the jungle. He couldn’t wait to get to know all the secrets of the rain forest, maybe even to discover a place nobody else had discovered before!

He got out of the car, grabbing his backpack and ran into the forest. Immediatly, the light disappeared and it got very hot. It was like he entered another world. He could feel the sweat pouring on his temples, the insectes crawling on his arms, the thirst, but he ignored them all. He came here to explore and to find something new.

He was walking for an hour now, not once stopping to drink some water or to eat something. His curiosity was pushing him outside his limits. He soon found a path which probably hadn’t been used for years, but it still triggered his inquisity even more. He followed it, curious where it might lead. It was covered in branches and vegetation, and Sungkyu stumbled a few times, cursing under his breath, but never leaving the trail. He was watching his footsteps, careful not to fall, when he noticed that the path had come to a stop. “I guess it was all in vain”, he thought, and was about to turn in his tracks, when he noticed a small house in front of him, built from branches and leaves. It had a small door, made from braided palm leaves; the roof was low and it had a system to collect rain water; around the house, a few exotic flowers seemed to be planted by someone. It had a home feeling and Sungkyu slowly walked towards it. He extended his hand to knock on the door when it suddenly opened and a guy around his age started screaming like a mad man. He slammed the door shut and Sungkyu blinked a few times. That was...unexpected. He cleared his voice and spoke loud enough for the guy to hear him:

-Hello. I am Sungkyu. I am not gonna hurt you. Please come out so we can talk.

He waited a few seconds, and, when he saw that there was no movement from the boy inside, being the impatient man he was, he forced the door and got in the house.

Inside was not like he expected- the guy had a nice bed, some pots, even cutlery made from clay. He scanned the interior and saw the boy hiding in a corner, with his knees brought to his chest. He was terrified, he could see it in his eyes. Sungkyu came closer and closer, until he was a few inches away from him, and he stood on the ground. He smiled at him and tried to speak, but the boy kept yelling and trying to run.

Did I mention that Sungkyu was the most curious human on the planet? He couldn’t just leave the jungle like that, so he took the boy with him.

The first few days, the boy didin’t eat or drink; he was only staring out the window, yelling when Sungkyu tried to touch him. The only success he had with him was that he managed to make him take a bath. In the mornings, he always found him sleeping on the floor; at night he woke up from time to time and went to pee outside. He was surely a handful for Sunkyu, but he was determined to make him talk and act like a man his age does.

The first time the boy spoke, it was a Sunday evening. Sungkyu was watching his favourite drama on TV, a crappy one if I may, and the other was sprawled on the floor. Sungkyu was stuffing his face with popcorn and ice cream and was focused on the television, when the boy got up and told him with shaky voice: “I need to go the bathroom”. Sungkyu got to his feet in no time and hugged the other, screaming “You finally spoke” and then taught him how to use the toilet.

He named the boy Woohyun, because he resembled spring. He taught him manners, and soon enough he was a different person from the shy boy Sungkyu had brought from the jungle.

Everybody called Sungkyu crazy when he came home from the jungle with a boy. But now, he knows he has made the best step when he decided to go to the jungle.The trip changed his life. His life was now filled with Woohyun and his laughter, with Woohyun’s pranks, with the way he used the chopsticks or the way he walked around the house only in his boxers.

 


Yeah, just a short drabble .___. I want to write the next chapter for "Prophecy of Flames" so...

Sorry the ending is so rushed;~; I didin't know what to write and I didin't want to make a greasy, fluffy ending, because you guys would have puked rainbows.

Merry Christmas!

Comment, upvote, subscribe~