Chapter 6

Beneath the Moonlight

“Sir! Sir!” One of my servants called from behind me. I turned to face him as he skidded to a stop. Panting for breath, he composed himself before me.

“It’s reported, sir, that the Black Robin has once again robbed from another family. I believe he has stolen a family heirloom.” He said, in between breaths.

Not the Black Robin again.

“Aish! How could he have slipped away so easily!?” I said, angered at the fact that my long arch nemesis has once again slipped through my fingers. I clenched my fist tight as I thought about this. I’ll make sure he’ll get caught the next time he robs another family and we’ll see who gets the last laugh.

I realized that my servant is still standing there, watching me in my little rage towards the Black Robin.

Regaining my composure back with my chin up high, I thanked him for reporting the news right away. He bowed low in respect and I watched him go back to the way he came from. I heaved a sigh once I was sure he was gone.

Stupid ‘Robin’.

He’s going to pay.

“Jaejoong-sshi?” A familiar voice from behind me said. I turned around and saw Yeonhee standing there in her colorful silk hanbok, her head tilted a little bit to the right. She smiled that same smile she always does to me and bowed along with me.

“Princess.” I said, bowing in unison with her. “What a coincidence. I was on my way to meet you again in your favorite garden. What made you come inside early?”

She shook her head. “Nothing. I had a feeling that I needed to be here.” She said, looking down on the ground in thought.

“Oh.” I replied and didn’t say anything more. We stood there for quite a while until she spoke again.

“Is anything bothering you, Jaejoong-sshi?” She asked, looking up at me with those beautiful brown doe eyes of hers that I can’t resist looking away from. I knew this was coming any time soon. She always has this instinct of knowing exactly what to ask and you just can’t simply walk away without answering her questions.

“I’m completely fine,” I said to comfort her. “Though, I was just told that the Black Robin has robbed another family.” I added.

“Oh.” She replied. She said nothing more, nothing less; just as simple as that. I wonder what’s going on in her mind.

“Don’t worry, Your Highness. Leave it to us. We’ll catch him in no time and I’ll make sure that he is taken care of for good. Our village will be at peace again soon.” I added, taking my word for it. I WILL catch the Black Robin and I’ll make sure he dies a slow and painful death. I’ll burn him while he’s tied to a trunk of a tree. I’ll stab him multiple times with a knife if I have to. Shoot arrows through his heart. I’ll do every treacherous method possible to destroy him for good.

"I'll summon more soldiers around your palace, princess. So not only will they protect you, I fairly believe that this increases the chance of us catching him quicker." I added, after the idea of the princess needing protection popped into my mind just in time.

As I said this, the princess stood there on the same spot, looking quite uncomfortable.

 

-----

 

Sorry for the wait, guys! I hope you enjoyed this fic so far XD

I'm also currently working on a few other fics aside from this one so I'm really sorry if I keep you guys waiting for long >o< Please do take the time to click my username and browse through my other fics, though! I'd love it if you guys were to read my other ones ^^

Ah, please comment and tell me how this fic is going so far! Would appreciate on how this fic is going for you :3

Until then!

-the-badguy-or-hero- ♥