Lessons

When Four Thieves Move In
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: this is just some short fluff but it kinda and oMg I'm A tErRiBlE aUtHoR TT^TT

 

 

"Your highness?" a woman's voice called as she entered the princes' chambers.

Minho groaned in annoyance and rolled over to the other side of the bed, not wanting to be awakened just yet. He didn't care who it was calling him or what they wanted; all he was interested in was sleeping in. It was Saturday for goodness sakes!

"Prince Minho." the person tried again in a firmer tone. She rolled her eyes when the man childishly pulled the covers over his head, and retaliated by throwing them off from the other side of the bed.

He sighed and sat up, muttering a grumpy, "Yes?"

A middle-aged woman stood before him, clad in a royal blue silk dress and spectacles that sat on the edge of her nose, and a scroll tucked under her arm. Just by looking at her Minho could already tell that she was someone that you wouldn't want to mess with.

She cleared and stated, "Good morning, your majesty. My name is Kim Hyesun and I'll be your new royal advisor. From now on I will be the one to organize your daily itinerary and to prepare you for kingship. I just came to inform you of your schedule for the day."

"Oh...well then it's nice to meet you." Minho smiled as best as he could after being woken up so early. "Where's Taemin?"

"His highness is assisting his father with his royal duties. He still has a lot to learn before he becomes king so he's trying to take in as much as he can before he turns twenty. He sends you his apologies for leaving you so suddenly and he says he'll join you for dinner this evening. Also, he sends you his...love and kisses." she visibly cringed at the message.

"He says I'm the cheesy one," he chuckled. "Well then, what's first on the agenda?"

His advisor took the scroll from her under her arm and unwravelled it, causing Minho's jaw to drop when he saw that it went all the way to the floor. "Don't worry, this is for the entire week. You couldn't possibly do all of this in a day."

He released a sigh of relief.

"First of course you'll eat breakfast accompanied by the queen and the princess, and then we'll go to your fitting with the seamstresses. After that we will eat lunch and then you will have your first lesson on the history of Seonggong and royal ettiquette."

"Lessons?" Minho questioned.

"That's right. You'll need to know certain things now that you're a royal and the soon-to-be king of the kingdom." she explained. "Now get dressed. You have a long day ahead of you. Oh, and also from now on you are to wake up at exactly eight in the morning in order to keep up with your schedule. Is that understood?"

Minho nearly groaned, but managed to force a quick, "Yes."

"Good."

He could already tell today wasn't going to be pleasant.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Things did turn out to be a lot more complicated than Minho thought they would be. When HyeSun told him that he was scheduled for a fitting, he expected it to be one, maybe two, outfits he'd have to try on to make himself look more regal and royal during dinner parties; however he had no idea that the seamstresses had worked through the entire month that he was gone creating a whole new wardrobe for him. Key had designed him everything from fancy suits to sleepwear.

And though he wouldn't dare to say it aloud, he just preferred sleeping .

"I absolutely adore this one, what do you think Minho?" Key asked.

The prince rolled his eyes. "You said that about the last thirty outfits I've tried on."

"Well of course, since I designed almost all of them! Don't you like them?" he asked as he fiddled with the tassles on his friend's shoulder pad.

"They're nice...a bit too nice. Can't I just wear my peasant clothes? They're more comfortable." he insisted as he did a spin in his new ensemble.

"Don't be ridiculous, Prince Minho. You're a royal now! Wearing peasant clothing simply isn't done." his advisor spoke up from the back of the room as she scanned his schedules for the rest of the week on her scroll.

"You'll get used to them eventually." Kibum said.

"You're right...it'll just take me a while."

Minho really didn't want to complain. He should be thankful for everything that he has now, but at the same time he wished people didn't have to make such a fuss over him now that he was a prince. As much as he appreciated the constant bowing and saluting to him whenever he was walking down the halls or around the palace, it just made him feel strange and uncomfortable. The fact that Minho was stuck on a tight schedule also made him feel overwhelmed. He didn't enjoy being rushed from place to place knowing that he'd have something "important" to do every hour of every day, unlike before when he'd do what he wished whenever he felt like it.

"Your highness," the royal messenger entered the room and bowed to Minho. "Prince Taemin has sent me to see how you were doing. He would have come himself but he is busy at the moment.

Please log in to read the full chapter