Welcome Home

When Four Thieves Move In
Please log in to read the full chapter

After news got out that the prince and his new husband were returning from their honeymoon, the streets of Seonggong were packed with commoners awaiting the newlyweds' arrival. Cheers and shouts soon erupted throughout the crowd when a white carriage was seen rolling through the forest and towards the city, surrounded by soldiers clearing a path for the royal couple.

Minho and Taemin had taken a month-long trip to the western part of the land by carriage, travelling along the countryside and enjoying nature's beauty with one another. Although Minho did find the bodyguards that were forced to tag along with them a bit invasive at first, he eventually learned that with this new life he was living with his partner this was how it was going to be like from now on, and he would just have to accept it. They still had an amazing time together anyways; riding their horses across the valley, exploring the vast forests the country had to offer, stargazing, and of course other activities that the guards were ordered not to be present for.

The new prince was now comfortably seated in the backseat of the royal carriage, his ecstatic new husband with his head and arms sticking outside of the window to greet his loyal subjects.

"Taemin please get back in here! You'll fall out if you don't calm down now and your parents will never let you out of the house again," he chuckled, tugging on the prince's shirt to urge him back inside.

"I can't help it! I'm just so excited to see everyone again. I've never been away from home for that long before," he waved one last time to the people outside and shifted positions so that he was seated in Minho's lap.

"I know, I missed everyone terribly as well," he said, petting the prince's head that was resting on his chest. "But it seems like not much has changed since we left."

"We've arrived, your majesties." a royal guard informed the couple as they pulled into the castle grounds, their anxious family waiting for them.

"I still can't quite get used to that title..."

"You'll get the hang of it eventually." Taemin quickly pecked his lips before scooching back into his seat.

Once the carriage had stopped and the doors were opened for the royals, Taemin almost immediately jumped out and ran into his waiting mother's arms.

"Dear goodness never leave us for that long ever again! I missed you too much!" the queen exclaimed as her son lifted her off of her feet and spun her around.

"I missed you too, Mother! So much..." he pecked her forehead.

"How have you been son? Didn't get into too much trouble I hope?" the king stole Taemin into his arms.

"I've been fine, and of course not!" Taemin chuckled when his sister suddenly came out of no where and pounced onto his back.

"You're back!" Sunny screamed, and hugged her brother tight.

"And Minho, dear! It's so good to see you again!" the queen turned around and pulled the surprised man in for a suffocating hug. Minho looked to Taemin    who was giggling at the sight    silenting pleading for him to come and rescue him. "How have you been, sweetheart? Tired? Ill? Have you been eating? You were awfully thin the last time I saw you-"

"Darling, you're frightening the poor boy! Please?" the king intervened. Minho sighed in relief

Please log in to read the full chapter