Part III Final

I Don’t Want to be a Broken Hearted Fool

New beginnings

 

I have come to terms with the reality that is in front of me. I knew that it was hyung that she liked all along. I only wished that she liked me too. Even just a little bit. But she has her eyes set on one person from the very beginning. Young Bae and I even talked about it. He too was a little infatuated with Dara-noona but he’s just being he’s usual calm and cool self or it could just be because of the fact that he’s a novice when it comes to relationships.

Top hyung invited me for a drink on one of our trips to Japan. I didn’t tell him but I’m pretty sure that he knew that I liked Dara-noona. I couldn’t tell him how lucky he is. And that I would give anything to be in his shoes. Dara is his girlfriend that’s the reality I have to live with. We quietly drank warm Saki. Hyung seemed to be waiting for someone. I hoped and prayed it wasn’t Dara-noona he was waiting for. I can only handle so much heartache.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m sad for myself but I’m happy for them. I’m foolishly happy that they found each other. Hyung is a great guy and he’s found the right girl. I wanted that girl too but she didn’t want me and I have to respect that.

Finally the Shoji door of our private room opened. Top hyung stood up and ushered the new arrival in. Thankfully it wasn’t Dara-noona but I’m not really sure if it’s a good thing that Top hyung is meeting another pretty girl while his girlfriend is away.

The guest sat across from me and she looked very familiar. She’s either a model or a TV personality.

“She had always wanted to meet the great Kwon Ji yong. And she asked about you the first time we met. I felt betrayed really. She was practically squeezing out information about you the whole time,” Top hyung explained. “That’s a bit of an exaggeration on my part but she did really want to meet you. Kwon Ji Yongi would like you to meet Mizuhara Kiko.”

 She brightly smiled at me and held out her hand which I gladly accepted.

“Hi! It’s an honor to meet you,” she exclaimed and she shook my hand. She has really soft hands. She looked at me with her bright eyes. She looked adorable.

Hyung got on his phone and after a few minutes apologized because he had to leave us.

“I leave you two to get to know each other more. And Kiko just so you know Ji Yong is single. And he has a thing for actresses. You’re a model going into acting, right?” Top hyung teased.

I don’t know what hyung was thinking. I don’t know if I’m ready to move on but it’s a start. I looked across the charming lady staring right back at me. It’s a small step but it’s to a good direction. I guess I can’t forever be a broken hearted fool.

 

THE END.