Prologue

Kiss of Fate

      "It's funny how much a kiss could change things. A single kiss may open some doors or close some. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were too drunk to consider the aforementioned. What a shame. They really had something-- talent." the staff member spoke at the meeting, the one deciding the fate of the two kissers careers as idols, or deciding how the scandal could be covered up. The company has never handled something this straightforward, this difficult to beat around. Usually in scandals stories could be made up, the evidence isn't so obvious. The two idols nervously awaited the news of what their futures held out in the lobby. They avoided each others gazes, sat apart, sick with a sinking feeling of their shattering brother hood. If only they could go back to that night, that simple staff party, they would drink less, and most importantly avoid this scandal. If only...

 


 

    "To good health!" a staff member cheered before taking shots with his and fellow staff members and company idols. Everyone was trashed at this point, laughing excessively and becoming less composed by every drink taken. In the midst of all these festivities Baekhyun and Chanyeol decided to sit close, ridiculously close considering there were no fans around. Every once in a while Chanyeol would place his arm around Baekhyun and lean in to sloppily whisper some nonsense into the boys ear. Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol's hot breath hitting against his neck and yearned for it every time Chanyeol would pull away. It pleased him, to his dismay, and the whole time he was beating himself up internally for enjoying the simple sensation as much as he did.


The moment of fate was near.

 

 

    "Baekhyun-ah" Chanyeol breathed against his ear.

 

     "Mmmm?" Baekhyun responded, once again sulking in the warmth of Chanyeol's alcohol lined breath.

"When was the..." Chanyeol stopped talking, losing his train of thought, "the... ah, last time you've kissed someone?" Baekhyun's eyes widened, the question was odd, and he knew it, but he was too wasted to quickly deflect it and push Chanyeol away. "A while" Baekhyun replied, smiling smugly. Chanyeol chuckled at his vague response, he knew Baekhyun was being playful.

    He leaned in closer to Baekhyun, "Ah it's been so long for me I hate it" he whispered in a low voice.

   Being so close to his face, Baekhyun felt the urge to turn his face towards the boy and see his face in such a close proximity but he fought it back.

    "I miss the feeling of another's lips... of someone I love...." Chanyeol continued.
 

   Baekhyun couldn't fight his urge back any longer, he reluctantly turned his face towards the other boys until his eyes met Chanyeol's. They both sat quietly. Chanyeol's face was so hard to resist. His lips looked so inviting. After that moment, Baekhyun out...