The Lords End

Kiss of the Moons

     Sehun shivered, his thin shirt was soaked from the snow he had landed in. Not to mention the air was thin here, one thing he couldn’t stand. His greatest fear was lack of air, suffocating to death. Everywhere he looked was grey in the dark night, a mixture of snow and clouds. He felt body trying to go into a panic attack, but he wouldn’t allow it. He knew that if he freaked out here he would surely die, hyperventilation at this altitude was not an option. He could only walk so far before he would have to stop and take a break. He didn’t know which direction he was walking or if he was going up or down. Sehun was, in a single word, scared.

     “Hyung, can’t we rest for a little bit? It’s really cold!” Sehun froze in his tracks, he hadn’t expected to hear someone else’s voice. He felt his heart beat quicken and he had to clenches his hands into fists to stop them from shaking. He crouched down behind a large boulder, listening to the voices behind him.

     “Kai! I told you! We can’t stop unless you want to freeze to death up here!”

     “But Tao hyung, I can’t even feel my feet to walk! Why are we up here anyways!”

     “Heck if I know! I fell just the same as you.” Sehun turned his head quickly. Fell? Could they possibly? He peeked his head up slightly over the boulder and saw two boys, about his age. One was sitting on a rock, wearing thin pants and a tank top. His body was practically blue which was rather humorous against his naturally dark skin, he guessed that was Kai. And the other boy, stood above him, hands on his hips, was Tao.

     “Kai! I am not going to die up here because you can’t get up off your !” Sehun heard the cracking of rotting wood as he looked down at the old sign under his foot. It read:

The Lord’s End

Altitude: 25,731 ft.

     “What was that?” Tao said turning around, spotting the boy. Sehun stood up quickly from behind the rock and stared at them just in case they decided to attack.

     “Who the hell are you?” Kai asked, standing up. Sehun felt himself panicking.

     “I-I-I’m.” Tao narrowed his dark eyes, starting towards the younger boy. Sehun backed away, his eyes widening. He felt his foot catch a rock and he fell. That was the last thing he could take as he felt his heart rate quicken and his whole body shook and he started breathing fast. Tao stopped in his tracks as he saw the fear in the boy’s eyes. He looked so lost, just like them.

      “Shh, shh, it’s okay I didn’t mean to scare you!” Tao said crouching down, concern more than visible on his face. “Kai! He’s not getting enough air!” He said turning round and looking at the other. Kai was rock still, simply staring at the boy, shock etched upon his expression.

       “Wha-What do we do?” He said breaking his seemed trance. Tao shook his head out of frustration.

       “I have no idea! H-Hey kid! It’s ok! We aren’t going to hurt you! You need to calm down!” Sehun felt dizzy as he rocked back and forth, trying to calm himself. He knew nowhere enough oxygen was getting to his lungs and brain. His vision started to go, reducing down to a black tunnel.

    

      “Sehun!” He could practically hear the smile in his mother’s voice. “Look at that! You went the whole night without a single nightmare!”

      “I know mommy! Are you proud of me?”

     “You know I am!”

     “I just thought of you and all the scary things went away!”

     “That’s right! Mommy will fight off all the mean things that scare Sehunnie!”

      “Mommy is the queen that banishes all the bad guys!” He saw himself smiling, seven years old, reaching up to hug his mother. He tried hard to make out his mother’s face, but it remained a blur, unwilling to let him have the joy of seeing it.

     Mom…

 

    Sehun jolted upright. He was in a cave of some sort, lying next to a fire. He confusedly looked around.

    “You’re lucky to be alive you know.” Sehun jumped at the voice behind him and turned around. He recognized one of the two boys from before, Kai if he was right.

     “What… where…” Kai just chuckled and prodded the fire with a stick.

    “We aren’t going to hurt you. We just didn’t expect you to be there, it was really surprising!” Sehun shifted where he could turn and face the other.

     “How did I get in here?”

     “I carried you in, you should really lay off the carbs you know, bit heavy!” Kai laughed and Sehun just stared blankly.

     “Thanks.” He mumbled.

     “For?”

     “Saving me.”

    “Hey, couldn’t let you freeze to death up here alone!” They sat there for a couple of minutes just staring at the small fire before Sehun spoke again.

    “Sehun.” Kai blinked and looked at him slightly confused.

    “What?” He asked.

     “My name, it’s Sehun.” Kai smiled, reaching his hand out for Sehun to take.

     “I’m Jongin, but everyone calls me Kai.” Sehun nodded.

     “And the other guy that was with you, his name was Tao right?” Kai nodded and smiled.

    “Yeah, I actually just met him a few hours ago.” Sehun furrowed his brows in thought.

    “You guys said you fell… What did you mean?” Kai didn’t know how to respond to the question, or whether or not he could even trust the boy.

    “I..umm…”

    “Just tell him.” Another voice said, coming in to the cave. Sehun looked up and saw Tao. Jongin nodded.

    “Alright, when I say we fell, I don’t mean tripping, I mean we REALLY fell.” Sehun blinked and Tao sighed.

    “What Kai means is that we aren’t from here, we fell from up in the stars.” Tao tried to explain. Sehun’s eyes widened and his mouth fell open. “I know it kind of hard to believe-“

    “No! Not at all!” Sehun said shaking his head and smiling for the first time that night. “I fell too.” Now it was Kai and Tao’s turn to go wide eyed.

    “Wh-what?” Tao asked, his eyebrows rising.

    “I’m from Essume, the Cyan star.” Kai grinned from ear to ear.

    “Your moon is Lumo as well! I’m from Chagsar, the orange star!” Tao huffed and crossed his arms, making Kai chuckle more. “Tao here is from the other cluster, across the sky. I couldn’t ever see his star from my home. Where was it did you say? Endoftheuniverse?” He laughed hard at his own joke.

    “It’s Endlorwar, the Violet star!” Tao said glaring at the younger, slapping him over the head. Sehun actually let out a small laugh, something he hadn’t done in years… not since… he felt his face fall blank again.

    “You guys said you barely know each other, yet you fight like brothers.” Tao sat down in to the side of both the boys. Kai coughed, rubbing his head.

    “There’s not a lot of air up here.” He stated. “We need to get to a lower altitude.” Both Tao and Sehun nodded in agreement.

    “We sleep here until the sun comes up, we’ll be able to see better.” All three of them sighed and curled up next to the small fire. They knew it would go out soon, as you can only find so much dry wood when the entire area is covered in snow. They would huddle together if need be, anything it took to stay alive.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WEEEEEE Maknae line! Yay!

But aww :( poor Sehunnie has anxiety attacks, his thinks of his mom to calm himself down~ poor bb <3

Thanks! Let me know what you guys are thinking!

Who's next? XD