Beast of Knowledge

Kiss of the Moons

            “All life signs are normal.”

            “Heart rate is steady, subject is ready for testing.”

            “Sir all results are clear, you may proceed.”

            “Wonderful! Now we’ll figure out just what you are exactly.”

            These voices filled Suho’s head. He felt the cold table against his bare skin, he felt everything, from the warm lights shining down upon him, to the restraints on his wrists and ankles. The uncomfortable pinch when he felt a needle in his arm, but nothing could have prepared him for the next thing he felt, a sudden scalding hot pain from the needle injecting something into him. He wanted to scream out, to get away from the people hurting him, but his body was like a rock. He wasn’t able to move at all and that scared him to no extent.

 

            PLEASE! PLEASE STOP! IT HURTS!

            He begged and screamed internally, though no one could hear him. He knew tears were rolling down his face as the burning wandered throughout his entire body, flowing in his veins. A liquid fire.

            “Sir heart rate is going up with increasing speed.”

 

              “What? You don’t like it? Does it hurt?” Suho felt hot breath against his ear, a sneer in the man’s voice as he spoke. He just wanted to go home, back to his star, back to the place he felt safe.

            “Sir!” Another voice called out, coming into the room. “You aren’t going to believe this! Look at these blood tests.”

            “That can’t be possible!”

            “There’s no way! No one could possibly ever have those results!” Suho felt a hand slam down next to his head.

            “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU!”

 

 

            He awoke and all was quiet, all the people had left for the night. He could move his body now, whatever immobilizing drug they gave him, wearing off. He opened his eyes to a dim room. It had plain white walls, the bed and a small table the only objects in the room. He moved to sitting position, wincing in pain. He looked down and saw many different bandages on his bare chest. At least they had had the decency to give him a pair of pants. He looked down, remembering the past few hours of torture and utter pain, before he had finally passed out. Suho felt a sob building up in his chest and he cried, harder than he had ever cried in his life. Never had he felt as alone as he did now. He jumped when he heard the door open. No more, please no more!

            “H-Hello.” A girl said walking in with a tray of food. Suho brought his knees up to his chest, trying to protect himself somehow. “I’m not going to hurt you. I just wanted to bring you food.” She said slowly, hoping the boy would understand.

            “Why should I trust you?” Suho asked, his voice shaking slightly. The girl gasped and nearly dropped the tray she was holding.

            “Y-you can speak?” She asked her eyes wide. Suho nodded. She advanced forward with the tray, but stopped when she saw the boy shrinking back against the wall. “I know I have no reason that you should trust me, but I only want to help. I don’t agree with the way they were treating you.” Suho looked sadly at her.

            “Then why are you here?” She shook her head and sighed.

            “I was just transferred here, I can’t leave now, I’m under contract. Besides, there’s nowhere else for me to go. I leave and the shadow…” She stopped fearfully.

            “What is the shadow?” Suho asked, confused. The girl shook her head and bit her lip.

            “No one knows… It came out of nowhere one day, it just…it kills.” Suho frowned in confusion, but his attention was soon averted to the pitcher of water she had on her tray. “Ahh, you must be thirsty!” She set the food on the table and poured him some water. “I saw your blood test, extraordinary really, it’s made up of 95% water! Blood from a normal human being is only 50% water!” Suho stood up, walking near her, clearly not listening. She stilled, her eyes widening greatly. “S-stay back!” She said. He stopped in his tracks.

            “I’m sorry, I just wanted the water…” He said, looking down. The girl placed the cup on the table and backed away.

            “Go ahead.” She watched as he eagerly took the cup and drank the liquid. He wiped his mouth, and then turned his back on her.

            “I’m not a monster you know…” He whispered. He heard the girl sigh behind him. “I… really just want to go back home…”

            “What’s your name?” She asked, stepping towards Suho ever so slightly.

            “Junmyeon… but I go by Suho…”

            “I’m Taeyeon.” She said, placing a hand on the boy’s shoulder. He tensed up but made no movement of pulling away.

            “Why are you people doing this to me?” He asked looking at his feet. He could hear the pain in Taeyeon’s voice as she spoke up.

            “Science. They want to experiment you to further their so called knowledge. You fell from the sky and survived, they want to know how that could be possible and what exactly you are.” She shook her head, “It’s sick.” Suho turned around slowly and smiled sadly.

            “I’m glad that there is someone with a kind heart down here.” Taeyeon looked up Suho and nodded.

            “Taeyeon! You have been in there long enough to give it it’s food, let’s go!” A man’s voice said from outside the door.

            “I have to go.” She said grabbing his hand and squeezing it gently. “It’s wrong what they are doing to you, and I swear if it’s the last thing I ever do, we

are going to get you out of here.”

            “Taeyeon!” She quickly grabbed his hand and placed something in it.

            “I’m coming!”  She shouted back and walked to the door, giving Suho one last glance before opening the door and stepping out. Suho looked in his

hand and saw the necklace he had worn from childhood. In that moment, Suho felt something he hadn’t in a while…

Hope.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PLEASE DON'T MURDER ME!!!! TT_TT

I legit cried while writing this ><

Suhohoho is my bias :( My poor baby! <3

First mention of the shadow! oooooooh