Goodbye

Behind that Smile


Nami/Hana's Pov

"Are you drunk? Get away from me." I pushed him away. "WHYyy?" he fell backwards…He tried to get up but i commanded him to stay there. "Stay there!…stay.." he listened but kept staring at me. "NO! YOU stay…stay Hana stay.."  …he is drunk…. "What is you name, Hana?" he laughed….Its not Hana actually…"Nami" I said under my breath but he heard. "Ahh Nami" He smiled. Whatever, you're drunk. …."What are you doing?" I said annoyed as he stood up and started singing…"Whats you name whats whats your name~" I just stood there in awe…"You are  so embarrassing."

As he danced he tried to get close to me again so I pushed him away, I realized later that I put in too much force and pushed him against the railing, he was loosing his balance…Oh no! he is going to fall! I ran towards him and grabbed him, pushing him away from danger. He lost his balance again and fell, but since he held on to me he spun me around in the air and fell on top of me. "Ouchh Suho! Move" His face was only centimeters away from mine…"You even do this while you're drunk" As I tried to turn my head to the side to avoid him, he pressed his forehead against mine, "Nami…" he said sweetly…It feels strange having him call my real name..."You are too heavy" I tried to get away. "Oh sorry" he laughed and moved to my side but still holding on to me. "Lets just sleep" He said and closed his eyes…"No Suho, let me go! " I commanded but he didn't allow me to move. He passed out immediately.

 …..he is asleep…..well this is awkward…what do i do now….I carefully turned my head to look at him. He was snuggling on my shoulder while hugging my waist….so close…you are too close Suho…My heart started beating again…"You stink." I said trying to avoid my own thoughts. I was going to wait until he fell asleep deeper so I could loosen his arms and get away, but I somehow lost track of time and fell asleep in that same position.

 




Baekhyun's Pov

"REI!" I banged on her door to wake her up the next morning, it was Sunday already. "She opened the door looking half asleep."Come on! we have to go to the Salon" I nagged. "Wake Hana up" I commanded her. She turned around to her bed and noticed she wasn't there…"huh?" She scratched her head. "Where is Hana?" I asked her. "I don't know" we both got concerned. "Its too early for her to go somewhere" I tried to figure out where she was. "GUYS! Guys! Have you seen Suho Hyung?" Lay came towards us running. "I think he never came to sleep last night" Lay continued. Rei and I both looked at each other suspecting it had anything to do with Hana's absence.


 


Suho's Pov

…..ah i have a headache…I was still in my bed, unable to open my eyes…why is it so bright? I started to move around since I felt my arms were cramped. I slowly opened my eyes…..wait….im not in my bed…what is….My expression changed to a look of horror when I realized the awkward position I was in. Hana slowly moved away as she yawned. She was too sleepy to talk and just looked at me with an annoyed expression and sighed. "I …I.. what…what happened" I couldn't remember anything. She rolled her eyes. "Did i…do something?" I asked concerned…..what have I done…ah I can't remember…this is so embarrassing…."Well you almost gave me a heart attack and choked me to death. Oh and you almost killed yourself…with my help that is" she said the last part quietly…."I what?!" She only stared at me. "Did I do anything embarrassing?" I asked. "Nope. No. Not at all." she said. "Lies." I declared.

"Wait….if I fell asleep like this…why didn't you wake me up?" I accused. "Uh…I fell asleep too." ….."in that position?"  She then seemed flustered and went back inside. "We should meet the others!" She stormed out of there just as embarrassed as I was.

"Suho! Hana! Where were you? We were worried" Some of the guys saw us and crowded around us. I kept my calm face on and pretended, "Oh, Hana and I went to get some coffee this morning to wake you guys up, but unfortunately…." Hana then added. "It was closed! The lady had an emergency last night apparently, we where talking to the security guard."……She is so good at this…."Oh no, what happened to her?" Xiumin was curious. The both walked in front of us, Hana telling him a full made up story……"Is the baby okay?" Xiumin was concerned….She is a pro…Kris looked at me and patted my back, "You're okay?" He whispered to me. "Yeah, I think I drank too much soju last night. Why did you let me drink so much you punk" I playfully hit his shoulder. "Sorry, it was the only way to make you talk" He admitted as we both laughed. "Suho…" Kris said after a pause, "Tomorrow I will talk to the managers, don't ever do this alone again. You have me too." he told me seriously. "Thank you Kris" It made me happy to have someone else understand.

"By the way, you can thank Hana for last night. The soju thing was her idea." Kris smirked and disappeared…Hana?….Did she talk to Kris? ….Why would she do this for me….. Hana……What about you? What about your own problems?….I sighed while looking at her from the back as she still talked with Xiumin. What will happen to you in the future?…I was afraid to think that if she leaves i may never get to see her again.

I went back to the dorm to shower and get ready for Rei's competition. All of us were going to watch.




Mr. Hyun's Pov

I was doing paperwork in my office and answering phone calls from angry PD's. They cancellation of Exo's comeback has really taken a toll on me and the company. I didn't sleep all night trying to come up with a new comeback plan, dates and budget lists have changed. My staff is also overworked……Sigh….I heard a knock on the door, "Come in" I said.


"Professor Kang. How are you?" I greeted him happily. "Thought I say hi. I brought you breakfast" He placed a bag of warm food on my desk. "You should really stop overworking yourself Hyun." he told me. "What else do you want me to do? I'm still short staffed" I let out another sigh…."Tough life as a CEO." He said as he opened the bags, also grabbing some food for himself.

"Are you going to the trainee competition today?" he asked me. "No, I'll just watch the tapes. I trust your judging Kang." I told him. "Was it you who made me judge again? I told you I'm only an instructor not a judge." Mr. Kang complained. "Come on Kang, we are friends aren't we. You are my best judge, you know how to pick the kids." I explained as I took a bite of the breakfast sandwich he brought me. "By the way, I met Hana, the girl you told me about. I watched her tape too since you seem fond of her." I told Kang. "Well what did you think, Isn't she something?" he asked. "You're right. You know what she told me? That I should ask Mr. Kang for advice because he acts like a psychologist." I laughed. Mr. Kang also laughed "Hahaha Oh Hana."




Nami/Hana's Pov

"Woah REI!" I was shocked when I saw her after Baekhyun brought her back from the Salon. "You look gorgeous." Her hair was now reddish brown with waves and lightly colored hair strands. She already had her make up done, and her face was no longer covered by long bangs, she had them styled to the side. "Thank you guys, I'll help her get into her stage outfit, we'll see you all at the theater." I smiled and let them go. Rei looked nervous and a bit uncomfortable, "Why, you don't like it?" I asked. "I do, I'm just anxious" she confessed. I cheered for her and helped her get ready. Soon we were at the venue.



Chanyeol's Pov

I was walking back and forward because I was too nervous, maybe even more nervous than her. "Yah Chanyeol why are you freaking out?" Chen talked to me. We were already waiting there. "They're here!" Chen pointed at the two girls. ………..Oh….My……God…….Rei….I stopped breathing. "Chanyeol you're turning colors" Kyungsoo whispered in my ear. "Hi guys" Hana greeted us. "WOW REI, you look amazing." the guy's said while Beakhyun proudly said "Yup. The waves were my idea. What do you think Chanyeol?……..Chanyeol?"……'"It's... very…pretty…You look…great Rei." I finally spoke causing her to give me a shy smile. They all talked for a little bit while I only took glances at Rei, because one look was not enough. Then they all walked to their seats while Hana went to drop her off backstage. "Hyung, I brought some tissues in case you get a nose bleed" Tao whispered to me causing me to look at him weird. "Or cry…you might cry." he added. "Shut up Tao" I kicked his feet. "Yah it hurts!" as he complained Kai approached him and said "I would kick you too but it's a bit hard right now with one leg."…."Kris….Kris Hyung!" Tao ignored Kai and ran away complaining.

 


Nami/Hana's Pov

"There is a lot of people here." Rei told me. "Yes, but you are better than all of them" I said confidently. "Rei?" the two girls approached us. "Are you ready to be humiliated?" the girls smirked. "Are you?" I asked them. "Because you will be the ones humiliated" I continued. "We'll see" they said and left.

"Its time for me to go, I'll be with the audience. Dance like you always do at the practice room, no scratch that, dance even better than at the practice room. Pretend your life is on the line" I suddenly felt like Mr.Kang. Rei waved goodbye and I ran to take a seat next to Exo.

The competition started right away, some people danced alone and some in groups. There were many styles of dancing which were also good…..Rei is still better…I smiled. The two bullies went first, they did a group dance. They also have talent I have to admit. Rei went two numbers after them and I spotted the girls watching her from the side of the stage, some of the other competitors were curious as well. I heard comments in the audience such as "Who is she, I've never seen her around" "Isn't it the quiet girl?" …Rei walked towards that stage and waited for her song to start.

….She did good….She did really good….I wish she could teach me….I clapped as well as everybody else around me. Rei received a standing ovation from the audience and even the judges seemed pleased. I looked over at Exo and they all had proud smiles on their faces, we all smiled at each other.

"Now we will announce the winners." They first announced the third place which wasn't any of the girls or Rei. "Now we will announce the First Place. Congratulations Rei." She widened her eyes in shock while everybody else cheered for her. Most of the people in the audience were contempt with the results as it was obvious Rei was going to win. The two bully girls won Second Place as a group. They were close…they also did good. They didn't say anything and dissapeared as soon as the event was over.

"Congratulations Rei!" Exo told her as she came to meet us after the show. Every one lined up to hug her, I was the first one…I feel so proud….I noticed Rei didn't hesitate to hug anyone except for Chanyeol. They both stopped when they got to face each other, we all watched their interaction with amusement. "You were very good" Chanyeol scratched the back of his neck. "Thank you Chanyeol, this is all thanks to you." Rei blushed…..hehe so cute…"Guys" Tao came behind us whispering. He had a tissue on his hand. "I'm melting from all the cuteness." It made some of us chuckle but Tao got punished by Kai later. "Ouch! Don't pull my ear!" he complained.

"Let's go celebrate! KARAOKEE!" Baekhyun yelled. "No. No more karaoke outside of the company" Suho disapproved. "Karaoke…inside the practice room?…" Baekhyun looked at Suho. "That's fine, if the girls want." he responded. I looked at Rei and she nodded. "and chicken!" Chen exclaimed. "Again? What about pizza this time?" Xiumin suggested. "Sounds good. I'll buy" Suho said then looked at me with a smirk. "But I wanted chicken" Kai said under his breath. "Kai gets a box of chicken for himself" Suho patted Kai's back making him smile really wide. "HEY why does HE get special treatment, I want chicken too!" Tao wined. "Kai is hurt Tao" Lay tried to explain to him. "SO WHAT?!" he said while receiving a glare from Kai followed by a smirk.
 
I went back to the dorms with Rei so she could change into more comfortable clothes while the guys prepared the practice room and ordered the food. We were soon back in that same practice room we always use. We ate and some of the guys started to dance and sing really loud with the karaoke machine. They were imitating other singers which felt like watching a comedy show. There were lots of laughter in the room…..I guess its time….I stood up and told Rei I was going to the bathroom.

I really can't say goodbye, I don't have the courage to face them. I will just disappear like this….I went back to the room to quickly pack my things…..Is it really okay, just leaving like this?…….A note! I'll leave a note…I grabbed a pen and a note pad and wrote a note for Rei. I left it on her night stand…..One for Mr. Kang as well…I wrote a short note and slid it under the door of the practice room where we were going to have a lesson tomorrow morning…..and Suho….What should I say…? I already left a message for Exo on Rei's note…he doesn't get one for himself….why should he…I tried to make up and excuse for myself for my heart feeling hurt…..I'm sorry Suho…Oh! I have an idea…I went to the balcony and left him a small present with a simple note.

After taking one last look at the building I left…….This is something I eventually had to do. Goodbye.




Suho's Pov

She doesn't seem okay, she has been smiling but her eyes looked sad….Where is she?…..I was starting to feel anxious so I asked Rei and she said she went to the bathroom. I waited for a long time but she never came back. What is taking her so long?…"Suho" I heard Kris calling my name "The CEO wants to see the two us." he alerted me. "Now?" I asked. "Yes, he says it's an emergency."