Chapter 1 - 7th Floor

7th Floor

 

“I can’t find him. He didn’t answer his phone too.” Kush said as he entered the studio.

“aissh pabo! He’s one hour late already! We still need to finish this song.” Jiyong said as he run his fingers through his brown hair. 

I gave jiyong hands a light squeezed, they’ve been preparing for their comeback after almost long hiatus. He look at me then flash his weak smile. ‘where is he?’ I thought.

“jiyong-ah, I will just go to cafeteria and buy some foods for you guys. Ok?”

“you want me to come with you?” he asked.

“no need, I can manage and they need you here.” I insist. He nodded and smiled at me.

When I got to elevator, and about to press the 2nd floor button when I remember something and without thinking I  press the 7th floor instead hoping that I will find him there.

Ting.

FLASHBACK

“some staff said that we should stay away from 7th floor..” Bom said while munching her dearly loved corn.  We are here now in our practice room, having break from mastering our new dance routine for our comeback.

“why?” Minzy and CL said with curiosity in their faces.

“there’s rumour about that floor, some staff are hearing creepy voices coming from one of the rooms but when they check it out they don't see anyone there. The worst part is sometimes they hear the ghost laughing like a mad man..” Bom exaggeratedly said that makes the two maknaes scare the hell out of them.

“yah! Stop it bommie! Your scaring the girls” I chuckled.

“you don't believe me?” bom said as she raised her eyebrow and point her beloved corn to me.

“no. ”

“oh god. I will never go there, never in my entire life.” CL said as she waved her hands on air.

“me too” Minzy agreed and hug her dog plushie .

“don't believe what bommie said. That’s not true” I said earning a glare from the bominator. I stand up and let my way to the door.

“yah! Ssantoki! I warned you” Bom shout.

Bommie is too funny and cute. I’m not really afraid of seeing ghost, because I never seen any in my 26 years of existence in this world. Well if I see one, that’s the only time I will believe in those such things and wait a minute.. why I don't freaking know that 7th floor is existing in this building WHY?! As I walked on my way to the comfort room, the small map of YG Building got my attention.

7th Floor

‘hmm’ I thought with my fingers in my chin as curiosity strikes my head. Well there’s nothing wrong if I check that floor and made my way to the elevator and pressed the 7th floor button. As I reached the floor,  I scanned and realized that there’s nothing much here, well this place is so quiet because there’s no staff here unlike other floors who almost jam packed with busy people. I walked and stop as I reached the farthest room where I heard someone humming.  I shivered and my eyes widened as I remembered what Bommie said. ‘Oh god she’s right!’ as I prepared myself to run and get the hell out of here, I heard the “Ghost” started singing a familiar song. A small smile started to form in my face and slowly open the door revealing a guy sitting at the top of the long conference table. While singing his heart out with his eyes closed.

As if he felt that someone is watching him, he slowly open his eyes and removed his headphone.

“Noona?” his eyes widened as he see me looking at him.

“so you're the culprit? I said and giggled.

He smiled shyly and bowed his head. I walk towards him and climbed up to the table and sit in front of him. He looked at me and start explaining everything.

“I really love being here. When I’m sad or when I need to be alone, I just go here, for me this is my little sanctuary. It so peaceful here, well thanks to the rumors no one dared to go and stay long to this floor. “ he chuckled. “No one knows that I go here well except you noona, even my hyungs or YG himself didn’t know that I stay here. I’m pretty sure if he’ll find out, he will forbids me to go here again.” He said and pouts like a little child.

“ don't worry. I will never tell anyone about this and will keep your little secret, you silly boy” I assured him.

“really? Promise?” he excitedly said and smiled widely

“neh! Promise!” I said as I ruffled his hair.

------------------------------------

I’m here now in front of the door. It’s been a long time since the last time I went here. ‘I hope he’s here’ I thought. I slowly open the door and not failed my eyes to see the person I want to see. 

He is there lying on the long table  with his eyes closed. I slowly walked on his side and lie down beside him.

“Why are you here?” he said still with closed eyes.

“they are looking for you” I said as I look into his face.

 

Slience..

 

 

 

After a few minutes of silence, I sit and faced him.

 

 

 

 

Seungri-ah what’s the problem?” I said with so much care as I looked at him.

He lazily stood up and sit in front of me. He stare at me blankly with unreadable expression written in his face but I noticed something in his eyes – his eyes with full of sadness and pain.

 

“you really want to know?” he said as he stared at me still with blank face.

 

I pursed my lips and nodded.