The Depths of Darkness

Light Up the Darkness

Taekwoon POV:

"I love you, Lee Jaehwan."

My eyes close; my heart stops beating. I can't go, not yet. I can't leave Jaehwan. I can't. I can't be dead. It would've taken more than a stab wound to kill me. Wouldn't it? How will he survive? How will I survive?   

Who am I kidding? Dammit, Hyde. Why couldn't you leave us alone?! I did nothing to you. Nothing. And you rip our love to shreds. Wasn't it enough to just beat me up a little? Why did you have to have the same face? The same eyes? The same lips? Why did I have to hesitate? In the end, this is my fault. Why was I so stupid!? Now I'll never see Ken's face again. 

If only I were faster. If only I were stronger. If only I wasn't so weak. I could still be alive. I could be with Ken. I could be with the rest of Vixx. As much as they are annoying, I love those idiots. I only pray I can be with them again. I can only pray I can be with Ken again. 

Jaehwan. His name bounce around in my thoughts endlessly. His big brown eyes. His sweet smile. His big lips. His dorky personality. His tears before our parting. I'll never see any of those again. All because of Hyde. I'll never feel him in my arms. I'll never be able to go that park with him again. I guess that's how it was meant to be. 

"Don't think like that," an unfamiliar voice says. 

"Sorry. Did I startle you?" Where is that voice coming from? 

"Who are you," I ask. 

"My name is Hyunsik." Hyunsik? Wasn't Ken saying something about him?

"Ken? Do you mean Jaehwan?"

"How do you know him?"

"We went to middle school together. Jaehwan was lonely. He shielded himself from everyone, everything. He always looked so sad. I I knew what that felt like. I wanted him to be happy, to be open. And so, I became friends with him. He was really fun to be around. I remember the pranks we used to pull. All the times we used to hangout. He was too good a person to be lonely. He didn't deserve it. I didn't realize it until it was too late, but I had fallen for him. Hard. He was sweet and caring. And the way he looked up to me with those big brown eyes. I didn't want to see him suffer anymore." 

'Well I guess I have to thank you." 

"For what?"

"Jaehwan. It was you who brought him out of his shell. In return, he brought me out of my shell. He loved me and got me to love him. I don't know what I'd do without him." 

Hyunsik starts to cry. 

"No, thank you. All I ever wanted was for Jaehwan to never be lonely again. I wanted him to find love. I wanted him to find someone who could love him." 

"I do have one question though."

"Huh?"

"Why didn't you confess to Jaehwan?" If you would have, it would have saved us all from this horrible heartbreak. 

"I wanted to. I was going to. But I couldn't."

"Well, why not? If you loved Ken, why didn't you tell him?"

"Because. The day I was planning to confess. I-I was killed."

"By whom?"

"Jaehwan...." his eyes turn down. 

"You can't be serious. KEN WOULD NEVER HURT ANYONE!"

"LISTEN TO ME. I KNOW. I k-know. We were in the park." 

"Jaehwan, hurry up." 

"I'm coming, ottokaji~."

The laughter of the two boys filled the air as they walked throught the park. They hadn't hung out like this since before exams. They missed each others' company. Jaehwan is only ever really comfortable with Hyunsik.

Hyunsik grabs Jaehwan's hand leading him into the park. 

"Hyunsik-ah, I don't need to be led."

"Well you're too slow." 

"Let's just see how slow I am."

Ken runs past Hyunsik into the park. 

"Aish, this boy. What am I going to do with him?" 

Hyunsik runs foward looking for his friend who just ditched him.

"Jaehwan-ah? Jaehwan-ah? I have something to tell you?" Hyunsik hopes that piques his interest enough to come out. It's true though. Hyunsik did have something he wanted to tell his best friend. Something over which he's been agonizing. 

Hyunsik was too lost to realize he had past Jaehwan and was now being followed by the boy. While he was distracted, Jaehwan took his chance and pounced on Hyunsik. 

"YAH!" Hyunsik screams as they roll down the sloped hill onto the bank of the lake. 

"Jaehwan, you're really heavy." But he doesn't get off of Hyunsik. "Jaehwan?"

He looks up to see those once brown eyes completely filled with darkness. 

"J-Jaehwan this isn't funny." 

"I'm not trying to be."

"Jaehwan, seriously."

"Listen, Hyunsik. We both know what you wanted to tell me. I'm telling you right now it'll never happen"

Tears fill Hyunsik's eyes. "But, why?" 

"It's not meant to be." Hyunsik tries and gets up but is still pinned under Jaehwan.

"Don't you think you've embarrassed me enough? Now let me go, Jaehwan." Hyunsik's voice now monotonous. Why did he think Jaehwan would ever love him? He only thinks of him as a friend. 

"No. I don't think you understand. Right now, you're a threat to me. You've overstepped your boundaries, boy."

"Jaehwan, why are you talking like th-"  Hyunsik is unable to finish his sentence as a cold, sharp object is run across his throat. 

"J-....Jaehwan, w-why," Hyunsik asks, his breath shaky. 

"You see, Hyunsik. I'm not who you think I am." 

"But, I love yo-." 

"It wasn't Jaehwan." He cries as he rubs his neck. "Jaehwan would never hurt me he couldn't. But it was that same face. Those same eyes. Those same lips. It was Jaehwan, but it wasn't." 

"Hyunsik. It wasn't Jaehwan." 

"I know it wasn't!" 

"No, I meant it was his Hyde! He killed you. Jaehwan wouldn't hurt a mosquito. Hyde though. He wants control of Jaehwan. He's what killed me." Dammit, Hyde. Why do you hate Jaehwan so much? You took away Hyunsik, then you took away me. Jaehwan needed us!

A light fills my eyes. What's happening? All I see is white. Am I past purgatory? Am I in heaven? 

"Hyung, you're alright." I sit up at the sound of that voice. That voice. I look over and see his face. 

"Hy-" I slap him. There's no way I'm alive again.

"Don't. Touch. Me." This can't be Ken. I look at him clutching his face still smiling. Oh, God. It is Ken. "J-Jaehwan-ah" Crap. Why? "I'm sorry." I pull him to me. "Jaehwan, you know I would never hurt you." I kiss his cheek, hoping to make him feel better. But why am I here? I thought I was dead. 

"Sorry to interrupt your reunion, but shall I remind you? There's still a Hyde loose." 


A/N: I'M SO SORRY I MADE YOU GUYS WAIT THIS LONG. *BEGS FOR FORGIVENESS* I just have school and it's already gotten really busy. On the bright side I'm tenor section leader and may be playing the flute in band. Please comment on the chapter guys. I want to know if you liked it or not~. I adore all of you. And thank you for being patient with this story. 

As some of you know I took over 'Everything Changes' by SirPanda. You also know it's been put on hiatus. School really does make me busy, but I promise I'll try to get the next chapter written as soon as possible.