Jekyll

Light Up the Darkness

Hyde POV:

Everything hurts, but at least I did it. I got rid of that Jung Taekwoon. Now no one can stop me. But still something doesn't feel right. 

What did Jaehwan ever see in that pathethic excuse for a boyfriend. He's weak, and in the end, he didn't protect him. He would've never made a suitable partner. 

Ken POV: 

I didn't think getting back here would be this easy. 

"Leo hyung. Leo hyung!" No response. It didn't hurt to try. Hmmm.. if I were Leo, where would I be? The darkness doesn't help out either. 

"LEO-YAH!" Still no response. He has to be here somewhere. You know it would be just like him to fall asleep. I keep walking without any sense of direction when I stumble over something.

Owww! What could be lying on the floor? I hear a hushed breath. Yup, I knew he was asleep. I go over to him, but my hand touches something wet. Water? But it smells metallic. Blood? No, that can't be it. It can't be, right? No! He promised me he wouldn't leave me. How can I vow to stay by his side if there is no side by which to stay. My eyes are starting to adjust to the darkness. A giant blood stain dyes his shirt red. 

"No, Leo!" I crawl to him and place his head in my lap. His heartbeat isn't strong. 

"Leo!" I slightly shake him. Please wake up. Tears roll down as I bite my lip to keep back my sobs. 

"Leo-yah, why? You can't leave me after all this." 

"Jaehwan-ah," I hear his gentle voice call to me, "stop crying. You look ugly." He tries to chuckle but the pain holds him back. 

"Hyung, what happened?"

"Hyde Jaehwan did. I should've told you about my dream." Dream? Like my nightmare?

"This is my fault. He told me he was going to kill you in my nightmare. I could've done something." I let out a sob. "I'm sorry, Leo. I'm so sorry." I sob even louder now. "You needed me the most, and I wasn't thinking. I could've saved you."

"Jaehwan-ah."

"Yeah?"

"You're really annoying." I manage to smile throught my tears. How can he joke at a time like this. "Jaehwan, I tried my best, for you. I'm sorry, for everything. I don't blame you for anything." I start hiccupping. "I guess this is my last performance. I need some good luck." I cry even harder. I bend down, touching my lips to his. The taste of blood and tears mixed in. In our last kiss. One that makes up for all the 'I'm sorry's, for all the times he ever avoided me, for all the times I annoyed him. All in our last kiss. We seperate.

"I love you, Jaehwan." He reaches up to touch my cheek, looking me in the eyes. "I love you with every fiber of my being. I love how you've been with me. I love that we shared the same position." 

"Leo, please, don't."

"I love you, Lee Jaehwan." His last words escape in one final breath. His hand dropping, hard. He's gone. Gone from my life. I hold him close, cradling his head to my chest, letting out every emotion I've felt for him through my tears. 

"I hate you, Jung Taekwoon. I hate you with every fiber of my being. I hate how you've tricked me. I hate that we shared the same position. And most of all, I hate that I fell in love with you." I whisper, meaning none of it. 

First Hyunsik now Leo. Why, Hyde? Why? 

"Jaehwan, it isn't over yet." It's that same voice. Mine

"HYDE, WHAT THE HELL DID I TELL YOU ABOUT -" I face the voice, but it isn't Hyde. This Jaehwan is wearing full on white with white wings. 

"Who are you?"

"Come now, Jaehwan. You're much more smarter than that. Where there's a yin, there's a yang. Before the Hyde comes the-" 

"Jekyll," I finish for him. 

"Correct," he announces, looking smug like a teacher whose student has finally gotten something. 

"What do you mean it's not over yet?" 

"Well, there is a chance to save Taekwoon, but-" 

"I'll do anything," I declare my love for Leo and my anger for Hyde getting the best of me. 

"It'll come at a price." 

"I don't care!" 

"Jaehwan! Listen! In exchange for Taekwoon's life..." 

"What?"

"In exchange for Taekwoon's life, you have to give up your love for him."


A/N: So sorry guys. It's just... I sobbed halfway through this chapter. So Jekyll appears, and Ken is presented with a life changing decision. Keep Leo dead or stop loving him. Okay this can go two different ways. I was thinking of creating another storyline depending on the decision you guys chose. So which do you guys want it's up to you. Keep Leo dead or give up love. I will continue this fic with the most popular choice. The other choice will be put in another fic. 

Anyway some of the dialogue might look familiar. I reccomend going back to read Just Like You Chapters: 6, 7, 9, and 10. And Chapter 1 of this story.

 

 

 

Poll ends as soon as the clock hits 12 EST on Saturday.