Where Do We Go From Here?

Child Searching For A Star

     

Chapter 9 - Where Do We Go From Here?

 
 

 

On that same night, Byunghee was standing in front of Hannah as he was holding Jinni in his arms with the little girl still asleep.

 

Hearing the car park in the drive way, Hannah stepped out of her house as Byunghee stepped out of the car, the others waiting for him to finish up so they could head back to their dorm.

 

“Come in, I'll lead you to her room…”

 

They both walked inside, the door closing behind them as Hannah made her way to Jinni's room. Once there, Byunghee gently placed her on her bed, fixing the covers over her small body as well as the teddy bear, so she would be hugging it. Leaving her in dream land, both parents walked out and went back downstairs to the main entrance.

 

“So… How was today?”

 

“Fun…”

 

“Really?”

 

“Mhmm. Why? You seem to doubt me~”

 

“It's not that -”

 

“You just didn't expect me to be able to do it, right?”

 

“Something like that…”

 

She looks down, avoiding the look in his eyes. Just then, he lifted her chin up with his fingers and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. He looks back at her with a small smile at the corner of his lips, somehow understanding her statement.

 

“The boys are waiting for me in the car… I have to go.”

 

“Okay. I guess I should thank you -”

 

“Don't. I should be the one to thank you.”

 

 

With a smile on his face, he left.

 

Closing the door behind him, she slowly trails her back along the entrance, making her body fall on the ground. A shaky breath left her trembling lips, trying to hold her tears in. The smile he gave her just now wasn't one of reassurance but of something else.

 

The guilt was back in her heart.

 

She slowly got back up on her feet and made her way to her daughter's room. With the door cracked open, she leaned against the frame and watched her sleep. Noticing the little smile on her face, Hannah couldn't help but do the same until she heard Jinni softly spill out words that made her mother's heart stop.

 

“Byunghee Daddy… I love Daddy”

 

On single tear left her moist eyes, slowly trailing down her cheek. She walks out and goes back to her room, closing the door behind her as she made her way to her bed, his scent still lingering on her pillow and as his perfume hits her, she stains the drapes of her pillow, slowly falling asleep.

 

‘I'm so sorry. It's all my fault Jinni. Please forgive me.’

 

 

 

 

The sound of the door bell ringing was what woke Byunghee from his sleep.

 

He sat up in his bed as he rubbed his eyes, hearing the muffled voices from behind his closed door. As he was ready to make his way out, the door to his room opened, revealing none other then Hannah. She closed the door behind her and leaned against it. The only light in the room was from the sun through the half closed curtains.

 

Although he was glad, he was more surprised to see her, out of the blue.

 

He got out of his bed when he saw her walking towards him, no words escaping .

 

The tears from last night left traces on her face to which Byunghee seemed to have noticed. Without a second thought, he took her in, wrapping his arms around her shoulders while she embraced him around his waist with her head pressed against his chest while he was gently her hair, his lips placed on the top of her head.

 

“Hannah… What are you doing here?”

 

“I don't know… I just wanted to see you”

 

A few minutes went by and they haven't moved from their position. They were simply standing, their arms still around each other, not letting go.

 

With her ear pressed over his chest, she could feel the rhythm of his heart beat and let out a small smile at it's quicken pace, having a tighter grip around him.

 

“Byunghee… I missed you.”

 

“I missed you too Hannah… I missed you too.”

 

She pulls away and looks up to him, placing a kiss on his cheek, her lips lingering on his skin.

 

She looks back at him, her heart ready to burst out of her chest, suddenly feeling his arms closing tighter around her figure, strongly hugging her.

 

The closeness made her forehead pressed against his, lifting herself up on her toes, in front of his, ready to taste them. Before leaning in, a question that has been longing to come out, escaped through the soft sound of her voice

 

“Byunghee… Where do we go from here?”

 

“Where ever you want. I'll follow you no matter where you go.”

 

He crashes his lips against hers, letting his heart explode to the outburst of emotions that were over the edge inside of him.

 

He slightly turns around making her back facing the mattress of his bed and slowly leans towards it, his body on top of hers.

 

He went deep into the kiss as she let herself go, following to where the beating of her heart was taking her, finding herself wanting to relive the nights she got to spend entangled in his intoxicating scent as he made sweet love to her.

 

 

 

gray-stars-md.pnggray-stars-md.pnggray-stars-md.png

 

 

~A/N~