Marchin' On

Child Searching For A Star

     

Chapter 3 - Marchin' On

 
 

 

At the end of that same day, Hannah was done with work and went to pick up Jinni since her father had to go back to work. From what he said, the Father's Day went as normal as it could be and that nothing special really happened besides getting to know the life of the other fathers of Jin Kyong classmates.

 

Parking her car by the sidewalk, Hannah stepped out and waited, on the sidewalk, for the doors to open as she would normally do every day.

 

 

But today, it was different. Today, her secret was going to be revealed.

 

 

Further away, on the same sidewalk, two young men were walking as they kept their own conversation flowing. Continuing on their path, they were coming closer to, what they would have guessed, a kindergarten. As they got closer, they saw the children running out from the main entrance to their parents that were patiently waiting for them.

 

From the small crowd, they noticed someone that was oddly familiar. The oldest of the two suddenly stopped on his track and pulled his friend by the arm, not breaking his gaze on the young woman that was standing in his line of vision. He squinted his eyes, hoping to have a better view, and like he hoped for, he smiled seeing who it was. His friend wanted to ask what was wrong but decided to do otherwise as he turned his head in the same direction and knew what he saw, or more who he saw.

 

The next seconds caught them off guard as they went back walking but suddenly came to a halt again when they saw a little girl running towards the same woman, jumping in her arms as she hugged the little girl and lifted herself up, having to hold the child in her arms, placing a sweet kiss on her cheek. 

 

The two boys looked at each other, completely baffled and turned their heads back to their previous direction as they saw the woman walking back to her car.

 

From the woman, their eyes landed on the girl. They slowly kept walking as they took small steps, wanting to have a better look on the facial features of the little child.

 

“Hyung… Does she look familiar to you? Or is it just me?”

 

“No… I see it too. Do you think that -”

 

“I'm not sure. I don't know what to think. Should we go talk to her?”

 

“No, and we can't tell the others either. We have to be sure first before coming to any kind of conclusion.”

 

“But Seungho-Hyung, he has to at least know that she's back. I mean the last thing we knew, she left the country. Do you think she lied?”

 

“Cheondung-ah, what if we are wrong? Sure, she should've at least give him a sign that she was back or even alive, but knowing her… She must've had a reason as to why she didn't call him... Come on, let's go.”

 

They went back on their tracks as the car drove away, making them wonder if what they saw was really what they thought.

 

That the little girl could've possibly be related to their best friend.

 

That the woman could've possibly be related to the little girl and somehow would form some kind of connection to their best friend.

 

“Hyung… How about we go and visit her… Just to be sure, because I don't think I'll be able to sleep on it if I don't know the truth.”

 

“Mhmm… I guess you're right…”

 

 

 

 

As a request from her little girl, Hannah made her way to the ice cream shop, much to her own pleasure to see her daughter smile.

 

Even though she was happy seeing Jinni with a smile on her face, looking at her eyes, she could see the same twinkle that once mesmerized her three years ago.

 

A sudden ache filled her heart, guilty of keeping her secret hidden away from the boy she fell in love with so long ago.

 

To the same boy she grew up with and befriended.

 

To the same boy that grew up to be a star in her eyes and her heart.

 

So close but yet so far.

 

She parked her car and helped Jinni out of her seat, as she tightly held onto her in her arms, making their way to the shop. Once inside, they placed their orders and went to find a seat by the windows, so they could enjoy the view of the people passing by.

 

They were having their little bonding time when the bell above the main entrance rang, signaling the arrival of new customers.

 

Out of curiosity, Hannah looked up only to be choking on the bite of ice cream she had in as she placed her eyes on the two men she hasn't seen for over three years. They weren't suppose to know that she was back in the country and now that they were here, she needed to leave so she wouldn't get caught. 

 

“Mommy, are you okay?”

 

“Y-yes. I just wasn't careful eating… How about we go home and you can finish your ice cream in the car?”

 

“Okay!”

 

The ladies got up from their seats and were headed out until Hannah heard a familiar voice calling out her name.

 

Luckily with the crowd that was slowly appearing, she pretended not to hear and swiftly left the shop as she held onto Jinni's hand, heading straight to her car and completely ignoring the two men that came out of the shop trying to catch her up.

 

With a sigh of relief, she drove away praying that they wouldn’t have to say anything to the others or even better, let them think that they got the wrong person, explaining the reason why she didn't answer when they called her out.

 

“Hyung…”

 

“I know. I guess we were right…”

 

“What do we do now? Should we tell him?”

 

“No. It's her secret to tell, not ours.”

 

 

 

gray-stars-md.pnggray-stars-md.pnggray-stars-md.png

 

 

~A/N~