Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Safe and Sound
* * *
 
They sensed many eyes watching every step they made and felt uneasy. Without a second thought, the two boys turned to their right and fastened their pace as they entered the narrow street. When they heard footsteps behing them, running for their lives was the only thing they could think of at that moment. But hopelessness overcame them as all the visible exists were blocked by huge men holding bats and knives. And the fight for their lives began...
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"Hey, Yuri!" Key exclaimed while he signelled the black haired girl to come.
"Hi Key, what's wrong?" she replied.
"Are you okay? I heard you got bruised while fighting with East Gang. Sorry that I wasn't there to protect you, I had an urgent family matter. Oh! you shouldn't have gone. They were enough of our men th...." he said.
"Shh, stop . It's just a small scratch. And do not even try to tell father about this, cuz he won't let me join missions anymore , and I'll be forced to stay in these boring quarters all of my life . You dont want that right?"
she finished the sentence almost out of breath.
"I didn't plan to anyway. Hey , let's go to our class; our first lesson is about to begin." And with that Key pulled Yuri's arm and started walking . Key had known Yuri since they were small and had been like a brother and protector to her all these years. He and Yuri spent their entire life in the modern quarters of Chang Myung , a police-like organization that put up with the frequent quarrels that happened in the city of Detroit,Michigan ;the  city with the highest crime rate in the US. Gang-related violence, violent crime-murders, -related incident, this is what Chang Myung's people have to put up with everyday. Yuri was one of the few women brave enough to fight along with the others. This was also thanks to her father being the leader of this organization (Master Sung). 
 
Yuri and Key continued walking when they suddenly stopped at the sight of two men from afar following Master Sung and two secretaries, looking scared and wobbly .
 
"Who are they?" Key said.
Yuri shook her head, "hmm, I don't know , but they look Korean." 
"Maybe new recruits?" Key said
"I don't think so, look at their expression, they're totally freaked out." Yuri let out a faint laugh .
"If you say so , then they shouldn't be here; they might leak out information, or others might find out this hidden place." Key looked worried.
"I don't like their presence either, but let's just trust father, he knows what he is doing... C'mon let's go!" Yuri said
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The two boys followed the men until they reached an office.When the door closed, the tall boy immediately kneeled followed by his friend.
"Thank you, mister!! If you wouldn't have saved us, we would have been dead meat by now, Thanks!" the two boys shouted.
"Now tell me who are you and why were they fighting with you?" Master Sung said calmly
"My name is Kris and this is my friend Kai. 2 weeks ago, we got in a fight with one of them because he was harassing some kid and thretening him with a knife . i didn't think he would come back for us, but he came and he also came with others..."
"I understand. Then, it is a good thing that we saved you. Are you korean?"
"Yes." they both replied in Korean, smiling.
"Master Sung, we have an emergency!" someone rushed in.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" What??!! someone has found our hidden location?!" Yuri exclaimed.
"That's what I've heard. Black Blade, East Gang and West Gang have allied ,and now they are trying to eliminate us!" Key said panicked
"Omg, oh no , that's bad" Yuri walked aroung massaging her temples while brething in and out.
"Key what's going to happen to us, my dad, this place! This happened because of those two strange men." Yuri said angrily.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Kris, Kai, you have to take my daughter out of this . Key will accompany you . Take her out of Detroit now. Please prove to me that you were worth saving." Master Sung tried to maintain his calmness while giving Kris and kaid a bag .
"In this bag you will find fake passaports and documents also the aid kit.Please do as I say and get her out of this place." Master said
Kai and Kris nodded" But... but what about you?" Kai asked.
"I will fight with them. Don't worry, I will be fine. Tell Yuri that I'll find her and that i'll be safe."