Chapter Five

Collide

“But I like Grumpy hyung.” Daeryong tilted his head adorably. He looked to be genuinely confused and maybe even a little offended at the thought of Hoya being replaced.

 

“Grumpy hyung?” Sunggyu looked at Woohyun, “An old boyfriend?”

 

“No, Hoya.” Woohyun chuckled. He liked the attention he got when Sunggyu was jealous. “Hoya tends to be grumpy when the kids see him because I get distracted very easily.”

 

“What?” Daeryong and Soryong seemed to be in the middle of their own conversation. The more outspoken of the two then turned towards the adults and asked, “Are you from the tv?”

 

“Me?” Sunggyu was surprised they recognized him, he thought kids didn’t care about stars that weren’t cartoons. “Well I’ve been on tv before. I’m a singer, so I go on tv to let people hear my songs.”

 

The twins stared up at him, as if taking in every word and analyzing it or something of that sort. It kind of freaked Sunggyu out, who knew this meeting could determine the fate of his relationship with Woohyun,

 

Soryong was the first one to take his eyes off of Sunggyu, but that was only so he could whisper something into his brother’s ear. Daeryong then looked up at his father, “Soosoo hyung’s song?”

 

Woohyun chuckled, “Yeah, he sang one of the songs that Soosoo hyung was in.” He then turned to Sunggyu, “The boys sort of idolize Myungsoo.”

 

“Appa,” Daeryong started before Sunggyu could comment. “What’s a boyfriend?”

 

“You guys know what a boyfriend is. Your old babysitter Jimin used to bring her boyfriend with her when she babysat you.” Woohyun tried to clarify. “That’s a boyfriend. A boy who is dear to your heart, so a boy who you really love.”

 

“Is Sory my boyfriend?” Daeryong got the completely wrong idea about it.

 

“No, no, definitely not.” Woohyun wanted to smack himself. He didn’t want to fill his children’s head with such things. “You guys are brothers. Boyfriends are someone special that you kiss and date. Appa used to be your Umma’s boyfriend, but then we realized we weren’t right together so we stopped being boyfriend and girlfriend.”

 

Both children stared up at Woohyun before the older spoke, “What? I don’t get it.”

 

Sunggyu took this opportunity to speak up, “I like your dad, a lot. I want to hug him lots and kiss him and spend lots and lots of time with him. Because that’s what boyfriends do.”


“He’s our Appa. You no have him.” Daeryong glared up at him.

 

“Oh no, no, no. That’s not what I meant.” Sunggyu gasped. He then got down on one knee so that he was at eyelevel with the kids. “I want to do all of those things, but I would never take your Appa from you. I just want to spend time with him and with both of you. I think it would be nice if you two and me could all be friends.”

 

Daeryong turned towards his brother, as if to ask if Sunggyu’s proposal was alright. And even though Soryong’s expression barely changed, the louder of the two turned back towards the man, “Okay. But if we no like you then you go.”

 

“That sounds fair.” Sunggyu replied, though his mind was screaming for the kids to like him. He didn’t want to get sent away, he wanted to stay with Woohyun. “But I’m going to try very hard to be your friend, so you have to try and be my friend too, okay?”

 

Both twins nodded before Soryong grabbed Daeryong’s hand and pulled him out of their bedroom.

 

Sunggyu slumped down onto the bed closest to him. “That could have gone a lot better.”

 

“What are you talking about? I think it went great.” Woohyun laughed as he sat down next to his boyfriend. “I just didn’t realize how hard it was to explain what a boyfriend was. I can’t have my twins going around calling each other their boyfriend.”

 

“I think you’ll be fine.” Sunggyu chuckled, somehow Woohyun could calm the older down with just a few words. “They’re smart boys, I think they can tell the difference even if we at explaining it.”

 

“They are smart, aren’t they?” Woohyun smiled happily. Those boys were his pride and joy. “I just hope that they like you now.”

 

Sunggyu sighed, resting his head on Woohyun’s shoulder, “I hope so too.”

 

“I’m sure they will. They have their Appa’s great taste in people. I mean they love Myungsoo and Hoya, I can’t see why they wouldn’t like you, too.” Woohyun rubbed his boyfriend’s back. “It’s just going to take some time, especially with Soryong.”

 

“Appa! We’re hungry!” Daeryong’s voice echoed in the halls.

 

“Looks like we’ll start that time starts now.” Woohyun chuckled, pulling Sunggyu to his feet. “How about you go finish whatever it was that you were cooking and I’ll keep the little ones busy.”

 

“Sounds good to me.” Sunggyu pecked Woohyun on the lips before heading towards the kitchen. But before he left the children’s room, he took a look around at all the colorings the twins had done and all the toys that were tossed around the room. This was the first time that he had stepped into the kids’ room because he had never been allowed to meet them. But now, looking at the room made Sunggyu feel amazingly happy. After all, both of these boys were a part of Woohyun, and Sunggyu was falling madly in love with Woohyun.

 

“You coming?” Woohyun turned to look at Sunggyu, confused as to why the older had stopped.

 

“Of course.” Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun’s hand. “Let’s go.”

 

While Sunggyu went to the kitchen to finish making dinner, Woohyun went into the living room to see what the twins were up to.

 

The two boys were bent over a tablet, searching through something Woohyun couldn’t see. But after a few seconds of silence, the room was filled with a familiar voice singing and Woohyun couldn’t help but smile brightly. They had one of Sunggyu’s songs.