What My Heart Tells Me to Do

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 55: What My Heart Tells Me To Do

|Chaerin’s Perspective|

I was standing on a small remote island in the middle of a vast ocean. Alone.

The wind blew towards the west and the water followed creating large waves that would crash along the shore. The sky was orange from the setting sun, resembling the warmth of a lit candle.

I turned around, the sand sinking in between my toes. In front of me stood a large oak tree almost as tall as a skyscraper in downtown Vancouver. I stared at in amazement as the leaves bristled in the wind. Spade shaped emerald leaves fluttered down and wistfully fell by my feet. It was absolutely beautiful. I tried to take a step forward to get closer to the center of the tree, but all of a sudden the white sand opened up and me in. My feet struggled as I frantically tried to climb away. But the force dragged me with it, as a vacuum of sand pulled me in to some unknown darkness. I crashed forward into the sand as I lost my balance. My legs were being crushed from every angle and I could barely move anything waist down. I cried out in hopes that someone could save me, but no sound came. Sand entered my mouth and eyes making me frantic. My heart beat became wild as I attempted to grasp anything solid. Soon my hands disappeared and I could only see the sand coming closer and closer. I was going to be smothered by sand. I was being buried alive. Tears burned and streamed down my cheeks as my body was flailed side to side. I was a goner. All strength in me was ceasing.

The majestic tree in front began to glow. It was an odd bright light that drowned out the sky. It became brighter and brighter and that’s when I saw him. A faint shadow in the light slowly approaching me.

Whoever it was, was too late. The sand had covered my mouth.  I clenched my mouth shut and closed my eyes as the sand slowly engulfed me. When I thought I was totally gone…. I was pulled out. Oxygen hit my lungs and I gasped at the ache in my lungs. My head spun and I felt arms wrap around me. I wiped my eyes to find sorrowful auburn eyes staring back at me.

Jiyong.

He saved me when I was going under.

¨¨¨

“Oh my god! Doctor she’s awake. Look!”

“Really?”

“Oh my lord! Well this is a miracle!” The familiar voices came from around me. Immediately feeling curious I tried opening my eyes but it was as hard as picking up a 10 ton truck. I struggled for a bit as I heard more shuffling around me. What exactly was going on? I could hear them murmuring but I just couldn’t decipher what they were saying. My body felt like a block of ice, as if it was also going to weight a ton to lift just my arm. My eyes slightly opened and a streak of light flashed in front of my eyes. I squinted trying to slowly let my eyes adjust. There was a slight stabbing pain in my head but my eyes were finally getting a picture.

Right in front of me was a chart with my name printed in large block letters. I was on a bed in a blue blanket and surrounding me was a curtain. On my left I saw a doctor who was approaching me with a nurse by his side both staring at me with pure joy. On my right there was those fancy machines you would find at a ….

It was a hospital room. I was in a hospital room. Why was I? Oh my god… The memories from the day came rushing in and suddenly I felt sick.

 “Hello Chaerin my name is Doctor Carstairs welcome back!” said a voice but it was drained out by my screaming from that night…

“She’s going into shock”

They were right. I was … my whole body was going numb as if it were rejecting some poison.

 “We need you to breathe Chaerin we know you can calm down just take a deep breath in and out”

I listened and did what the doctor or nurse asked and it helped. I did that for another few minutes and finally settled a bit down my mind clearing up.

The nurse gave me a glass of water and it burned as it made its way down but I wasn’t complaining I was parched.

Placing the glass on the side table I turned towards the doctor. “What happened to me?”

The doctor gave me a sullen smile and pulled a stool beside my bed.

“You were hit by an oncoming vehicle and had some very serious injuries so you needed medical attention. It was a miracle you survived”

My nerves tingled as I wrapped my head around the information. A miracle you survived. That could only mean I was close to death. Oh my god! Dara and Jiyong must have been so worried…. And Kris!

“Where are my friends? I would like to see them.” I asked. My body was shivering as if someone placed me in the freezer overnight. I tried to shake it off by pulling the blanket close but it wasn’t warming me up. Maybe it was the after effect of going into shock?

“You mean Jiyong and Dara. I am afraid that they cannot come meet you as of this moment”

“Why?”

“Chaerin-“

“Please call me CL”

“Yes, CL well, there is something else I need to share with you” his voice became very grave that it sent a chill down my back. This is not going to be good.

“That accident had huge repercussions a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter