Museum Part 2

What My Heart Tells Me To Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20: Museum Part 2

 

|Dara's Perspective|

           

            I felt something nudging my side lightly. I groaned a little and dug my head into the warm softness I was resting against. I heard a light chuckle and the nudging began again. My eyes slowly fluttered open and I saw Jiyong staring down at me. 'Oh My God. WAS I SLEEPING ON HIM?!' I covered my face, partially from embarrassment and partially because I knew my sleeping face must have looked so ugly.

            “Good morning,” he started as he stood up and grabbed his bag off the floor, “We're here.”

I glanced out the window and saw the front of the museum. Some students were already outside and I saw CL standing near the door nagging at Henry to let go of her arm. I stood up and grabbed my bag before shuffling out of our seat and stepping off the bus.

            Mr. Lawrin gathered the class together in a group and counted us off to make sure we were all there—kind of pointless really because he had already done so before leaving and it's not like we could have gotten lost on the bus. When everyone was accounted for, we walked into the building and into a large open hallway. As we walked CL leaned over to me to whisper something. I leaned in closer to hear.

            “You might want to clean your face up a bit.” she whispered, trying to hold in a laugh.

I was confused and brought my hand up to my face when I felt something wet around my mouth. OH MY GOD WAS I DROOLING?! KILL ME NOW. I furiously wiped my face with my hands to get it all off while Jiyong and CL were laughing at me. The trip has barely even started and I already felt like dying.


            Mr. Lawrin stopped the class and started to pass around a sheet of paper. “I want you guys to fill out this worksheet throughout the day and hand it in when we get back to school.” The whole class groaned, obviously annoyed at the fact that we actually had to do work today. I guess everyone—including myself—was just planning to take the day off and do random crap in the museum. The paper pile reached me and I took one, passing it off to CL afterwards. I glanced over the sheet. There were like 100 questions! I looked over to CL and she had the same disappointed face that I had.

            “Alright class,” Mr. Lawrin announced, “you are free to explore now. But be back by 2:30.” and he shooed us off like flies.

           

            I walked over to CL and Jiyong, and we started walking around, trying to get away from the rest of the class so it wouldn't be so loud. The whole time, CL was complaining about the worksheet. Every now and then, Jiyong would add something and CL would nod in agreement.

            “Should we just not do it then?” CL asked me as we walked past the cafeteria area.

            “Well,” I started, but my stomach interrupted me as it made the loudest growling sound. I knew it was freakishly loud when both CL and Jiyong both flinched and turned to me with wide eyes.

 

            Once again I felt like I wanted to die. Jiyong was chuckling and I seriously wanted to jump off a bridge. It was things like this that I wanted to keep hidden from the world. I just hope I didn't snore or talk in my sleep while I was on the bus.

            “Um . . . I'm kind of hungry. . .” I laughed awkwardly.

            “Kind of?” CL replied back with heavy sarcasm. She stopped walking for a moment and pointed back to the cafeteria area.

            “There was a vending machine over there if you want something to eat.”

           

            I nodded and we walked over. It was probably a better idea to put something in my stomach before the noises got scarier. I pulled out my wallet and took out my precious $5 bill and slipped it into the machine. I spotted Doritos and punched in the code. The little metal spiral started spinning and I waited eagerly for the bag to fall . . . but the machine stopped and the bag got wedged up against the glass.

           My jaw dropped. MY FOOD. NOOOOOOOO! I hit the machine a few times, but it was stuck in there good. Frustrated, I pressed the coin return and waited for my money to come back out, but nothing happened. I pressed it again but still nothing. My anger turned into depression.

“My money . . .” I said quietly as my legs turned all noodley and I dropped onto the ground. “I could have saved it up and bought an album or something. Bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter