Chosen

7 Minutes In Heaven...or Hell?

"And now it's time to draw the names!" Chaerin grinned and held out a hat. Yerim bit her lip nervously, hoping her name wouldn't get drawn anytime soon, or even better, it would magically disappear. 

The game worked this way. In this hat, there was a list of names of all the males and females present at the party. It didn't matter if people of the same or different genders got chosen. Of course, some less seeking females would prefer getting chosen with their own friends to avoid awkwardness with any guy at all. This, was of course, the case for Cho Yerim. 

"Do we have to pl-" "Yes of course!" Dara, one of Yerim's friends exclaimed. 

"Can I bail out of this game then?" she asked hopefully, her eyes screaming desperation.

"No." Everyone chorused.

Yerim muttered incoherently under her breath.

*What did I do to get into this?!* She thought. *I don't want to get paired up with anyone. Not even one of my girlfriends, because they would be disappointed that they didn't get a guy. Oh, maybe I'll just say I've a bad stomach or-*

"-and Cho Yerim." Giggles and murmurs were heard across the room.

"Wh-what? D-did someone call out my name?" Yerim blinked in confusion. "You're going in that room with him, lucky girl. For seven whole minutes," Minzy pouted. 

"What are you talking about?" Yerim furrowed her eyebrows. "D-don't tell me that I'm-" 

"Paired up with me." A firm yet soft voice that belonged to a man's replied. Yerim slowly turned her head. *Damn, that voice sounds like Kim Jaejoong, my sworn rival ever since primary school...oh great.* Yerim's heart stopped.

"Y-you?!"

Jaejoong scoffed when she exclaimed, pointing an accusing finger at him. "Well does it look like it?" he rolled his eyes. 

"Th-there must be something wrong here! I'm not doing this!" Yerim stubbornly crossed her arms and started to get up, only to be stopped by Jaejoong. 

"You're not going anywhere girl. Remember the rules. If you don't consent to the rules, you'll face the punishment." Yerim gulped.

"Remember to show evidence!" Yunho, Jaejoong's friend laughed and hi-fived Yoochun.

"Thanks for the encouragement," Yerim sarcastically replied.

Jaejoong smirked at his friends while Yerim was still facing her back at him.

*Just you wait, Yerim. I'll definitely take my revenge on you for everything you've done, in just seven minutes.*

"Come on, let's go." Jaejoong grabbed her wrist and dragged into the pitch black room. Changmin got up and locked the door from the outside, blowing a kiss at the door. 

"It's time for the fun to begin."