New Employee

Imagine Your OTP...

Imagine your OTP meeting because Person A is a cashier-in-training at Person B’s favorite restaurant/cafe and Person B thinks they’re cute when they mess up.


Daehyun stepped into his favorite cafe, taking in the sound of fresh coffee brewing and inhaling the sweet scents of chocolate cake, red velvet cupcakes, brownies, and various other desserts. But of course he didn’t care about those “inferior” desserts; cheesecake was the only sweet for him.

As he stood in line behind another customer, literally drooling over the display of desserts at the counter, his eyes traveled up to be met with an unfamiliar face. A very attractive, unfamiliar face.

The brunet had to fight back a grin as he observed the young male. Chubby cheeks, nice jaw line, fluffy-looking hair, average height, plump lips, looking around the age of Daehyun himself; yeah, this customer could definitely get used to seeing that face around more often.

Once the customer in front of Daehyun received his order and left, he was faced with the blond cutie. He’s even cuter up close.

Daehyun waited for the employee to say what he’s sure all cashier’s at this shop is instructed to say. But it never came. The two males on opposite sides of the counter just wordlessly stared at each other until the new cashier seemed to have remembered something.

“O-Oh right! Um, welcome to the, uh, best, absolute, perfect café ‘Matoki.’ May I take your or- I mean what would you like today?” the young male greeted, stumbling over his words.

Daehyun fought the urge to laugh at the boy’s mistakes. “Well I woul-“

“Oh yeah! And my name is Yoo Youngjae, as you could probably tell by my nametag,” the blonde, apparently named Yoo Youngjae, said, gesturing to his name tag planted on the right of his shirt. Youngjae continued to ramble, “Well, you wouldn’t be able to tell my name was Yoo Youngjae, just Youngjae, but yeah, that’s my name. U-um, oh yeah, your order?”

That time, Daehyun really did laugh. Chuckling, he said, “I would like a slice of the Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake.”

“No problem!” Youngjae exclaimed. Just as he was about to place the order into the register, Daehyun interrupted him.

“Aren’t you gonna ask me if I want it here or to-go?” he teased.

“O-oh right. Would you like that here or to-go?” the boy asked as his chubby cheeks reddened in embarrassment.

“To-go, please,” Daehyun said, flashing a smile at the boy across from him.

“Right,” Youngjae said, now focusing on the cash register. He pushed a couple of buttons, and then a confused expression appeared on his face. “Hm, wait a sec.” He pressed another key, but obviously that didn’t produce the desired result, either. Another, nope. Several buttons later, the register finally seemed to cooperate with the boy.

“Sorry ‘bout that, I’m new here,” Youngjae chuckled awkwardly, then telling Daehyun the price for his order.

“I could tell,” Daehyun teased with a highly amused expression on his face as he pulled out his wallet so he could pay for his dessert. “It’s no problem.”

Youngjae reached under the counter to pull out the tray of the cheesecake of Daehyun’s choosing, being sure to have a tight grip on the base so he wouldn’t drop it. Laying it on the countertop, the blonde used the knife that was sitting on the tray to make a fair-sized slice of the dessert. Then, sitting the slice into a triangular container, he passed it to the male across from him.

“There’s your cake, sir,” Youngjae announced, looking somewhat proud.

“Thank you. And no need to call me ‘sir’, you can just call me Daehyun,” the brunet said, flashing his infamous, charismatic smile.

“O-okay then. Have a nice day, si- Daehyun.”

“I will, you too. I’ll see you soon, cutie,” Daehyun bid his adieu before turning around and walking out the shop with a grin on his face, leaving the blonde boy with now red cheeks to sputter behind him.


I don't even know. I have more important things to do but instead I'm doing this.

Thanks for reading! Comment and subscribe if you want!