03. SEHT

my selfish, sweet, and arrogant cat

Thinking back to how he received his injuries.

Running through the dark forest, he tries his best to avoid the enforcers. He could feel his heart pounding loudly against his chest as he continues running. “Hurry, go over there he might be over there”, says the head of the enforcer. He quickly launches himself to hide behind the tree before the enforcer spot him. “Why are they chasing me? Didn’t mother queen approve of my leaving the magic realm? So why are they after me?” He thought to himself as he places his hand over his chest to calm down. After making sure that there is no one else there but himself. He left his hiding place and continues his run. Not being careful enough an enforcer saw him and shot at him. Lucky enough another enforcer came right in time and causes his aim to be cricket. “What was that for?” as the angry enforcer. “We can’t kill him. We have orders to follow. And that”- the lady was cut off by the man saying, “I got it. We’re just to scare him.blah.blah.blah…” “Stop yapping and let’s go”, says the team leader. The three of them start their chase once again. Lucky enough the cat receives a minor scratch injury on his arm. He clenches his arm and continues running until he comes to the door that stand between the human world and the magic world. “Is this the door that mother queen talk about? Will I really receive injuries”, he question himself as he look at the portal door. He could hear the multiple running steps not far from behind him. Not thinking about anything else but to escape from this world and quickly jump through the portal. The three enforcers stop as they see the male jump through the portal. “He jump inside”, says the male. “You can’t state anything else from the obvious here ”, says the girl. “Quiet the both of you. Let’s get back and report to the Queen”, says the team leader and they disappear into the dark woods. In the portal the young man is being twirl nonstop and gliding through one thresh hold after another leaving him with multiple of injuries. Once it had enough, it spitted him out with his energy drain.

He was brought back to reality when Woohyun clears his throat and says, “You’re awake. I thought you wouldn’t wake up until tomorrow morning.” The cat just looks at him carefully and examines the man that had brought him home. Woohyun walks over to the kitchen and grab a bowl and pour some milk into and carefully walks over. As soon as he got close the cat begin to hiss at him ready to attack him with his sharp claws. Woohyun immediately stop and made eye contact with the cat and says, “I’m not going to hurt you. I’m just giving you some milk.” The cat let out a low growl and glared at Woohyun as he places the bowl of milk in front of the cat. He then walks back to the kitchen and cook a light meal for himself. The cat slowly leans over from his spot and drink the milk with elegance. After finishing the milk and with the help of the rest earlier, without realizing he had turn into his human form. He walks over to the kitchen while limping and peek inside at what Woohyun was cooking.

 While Woohyun stirs his noodles, from the corner of his eye he sees a figure standing behind the door. He turns around quickly and to his surprise he sees a man. He had bright red hair, chinky eyes, chubby cheeks, and milky white skin. “WH-who are you? How did you get in? WH-why are you n-?” Woohyun half scream at the strange figure. “Sunggyu, Kim Sunggyu. I’m hungry”, Sunggyu reply back as he seat himself in the chair and look at Woohyun. Who does this person thinks he is? Walking into someone else’s house demanding for food and especially he’s . “!” Woohyun thought to himself. “Leave before I call the police”, yell Woohyun as he point at the door. Sunggyu glares at the man standing in front of him and demand in a low and dangerous tone, “I said I’m hungry. Did you not here me?” Woohyun took a step back as he senses the dangerous aura around the man. Woohyun then realize the bandage on the man’s forehead and arm. It can’t be? Woohyun rushes to the living room and sees that the cat is nowhere to be seen. “You got to be kidding me”, says Woohyun as he touches his bare neck with his palm.

Sunggyu walks over to the door and says, “If you’re done freaking out. Get me some food.” Woohyun looks over to Sunggyu and sigh and says, “Mind explaining how you became a human?” The both of them took less than an hour to explain everything and Sunggyu was surprise that the human next to him is taking it very well more than he had expected. Woohyun stood up and says, “You’ll have to live by my rule then, if you want to live here?” “Yeah right, just until I finish recovering then I’m off”, reply Sunggyu. Woohyun couldn’t care less. He just wanted that supernatural being out of his house fast. He walks straight to his room and Sunggyu sees this and yell, “Yah, I’m still hungry!” Woohyun ignores him and continue to his room leaving Sunggyu out in the living room still hungry. Woohyun lies on top of his bed trying to digest what Sunggyu had just told him a few minutes ago. He then sighs once again. “Woohyun-ah, what the hell are you doing. Bringing trouble after trouble to yourself”, Woohyun talks to himself as he rub his bare neck once again.

Sunggyu pouts and says, “Screw him. Don’t want to cook for me fine. I’ll just have to cook for myself then.” He then walks over to the kitchen and starts searching through the cabinets. He didn’t care if he breaks anything or not. Pots, pans, and plates fell to the ground. Pieces of glass scatter all over the floor and Sunggyu let out a loud shriek. Woohyun hears the loud crash and got up instantly to take a look at what is happening in his kitchen. To his surprise, plates are broken; pots and pan is scatter on the floor and a scare Sunggyu sitting on top of the table. “Yah, what did you do in here?” yell Woohyun. “Don’t yell at me. I told you I was hungry. Whose fault is it that you decide to ignore me”, Sunggyu yells back. “This just isn’t my day. Go to the living room and I’ll fix you up something after I finish cleaning”, reply Woohyun as he tries his best not to rip his hair off. Sunggyu quickly jumps off the table and head off to the living room. After cleaning and cooking, Woohyun finally had Sunggyu quiet down and the both of them fell asleep on the couch together.