☎ Calling iCherry

Café Latte Review Shop { Open }


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Graphic Review ;


reviewer: i_lovekpop_fics
designer: iCherry
mood/theme: angst/romance

 


first impression: 5.5/10
It looks pretty cool and the picture in the center caught my attention right off the bat. The colors are somewhat dull and boring, but the effect on the image in the center is really cool. However, I noticed that the placement of some of the text is awkward and I kind of didn’t realize Changmin or Yunho were there until later.

 

mood/genre: 6/10
I can definitely tell this poster is supposed to be angsty. The colors and choice of font gave that away. Also, Changmin and Yunho aren’t smiling; instead, they each look disturbed or upset. Good choice of pictures. However, I wouldn’t know that this was a poster for a romance story if you hadn’t said something to me. If I sat there and studied the poster long enough, I could maybe figure out that it could be a romance due to the two girls and the two guys, but I can’t just assume that, now can I? There’s really nothing in the poster that screams ‘romance’.

 

technique:  12.5/20
I like your choice of pictures, but the poster as a whole just doesn’t seem cohesive. The images used don’t really relate to one another; they don’t tell a story. Changmin and Yunho’s pictures seem kind of pixelated, as does the image of the two girls in the center (but I assume you were going for a blurry effect there). The cloudy/foggy layer that you put over Changmin and Yunho seems random and out of place. It doesn’t blend well with the rest of the image; it feels like it was just thrown in there to add layers to the image. There is definite promise in this poster, but your technique is somewhat lacking in the sense that the poster isn’t cohesive and the pieces seem random and low quality. I suggest you spend some time working on your blending technique!

 

pictures: 3/5
The pictures of Yunho and Changmin are both slightly pixelated, which takes away from the quality of the poster. The picture of the two girls is also quite pixelated and blurry, but, again, I’m going to assume that’s the effect you were going for. However, I do like that Changmin and Yunho are both wearing similar clothing, relating the images to one another a bit. Good job there.

 

quality: 2.5/5
The image isn’t the best quality. As I mentioned before, some of the images are blurry and ppixelated, which takes away from the quality of the poster as a whole. Taking a closer look, I realize that the entire poster itself is blurry and pixelated, not just the images of Changmin and Yunho. Like I said, it’s not the best quality.

 

coloring: 7/10
I like the way the colors complement one another in this poster. Each image has a similar tone, which makes the colors throughout the entire poster seem more cohesive. I also appreciate the two red lines on the image of the girls; this helps to break up the otherwise dull colors in the poster and add a bit of pop, creating a focal point. However, the colors are, as a whole, a bit dull and boring.

 

placement: 11/15
The placement of some of your pieces is, as I stated earlier, awkward. For example, the tree at very bottom of the poster seems like it was just randomly slapped on there. I don’t really see what it has to do with the rest of the poster. Also, the quote is just kind of thrown on top of the picture of the two girls. I feel like you couldn’t find a good spot for it, so you plopped it wherever didn’t look awful. It just feels like it’s floating in space, not really working with the pieces around it. I do like that Changmin and Yunho are almost like mirror images of each other; with one on each side of the poster and the picture of the girls in the center, it establishes the girls as a clear focal point. I like the way the title is placed; it’s off center and weird, but somehow works with the rest of the poster. It’s graphically interesting, so good job with that.

 

resources: 7.5/15
You don’t have a whole lot of resources in this poster. Other than the pictures of the characters, the only resources I can make out are the picture of the tree and the layer of fog that you placed over the image. I feel like you have another textured layer of the image, but I can’t be entirely sure. As I said before, the resources that you used don’t seem to fit together and are placed quite awkwardly. I don’t see how they relate to the poster or how they aid in telling a story, so they might as well not have been used, at all. 

 

typography: 4/5
I really like the font you used for the title and the placement of the text! However, the font you used for the quote, author name, and designer name are distracting and don’t seem to fit well with the poster. They’re not distracting enough as to ruin the effect of the poster, though!

 

bonus: 2/5
One point because I love TVXQ and another point because Changmin and Yunho just look so damn y in suits.

 

total: 61/100


Thank you for requesting! Don't forget to make a blog post about the shop!

 

layout credit: i_lovekpop_fics