☎ Calling GreenGardenPop

Café Latte Review Shop { Open }

 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Graphic Review ;


reviewer: Holly_Beth
designer: GreenGardenPop
mood/theme: romance



first impression: 3.5/10

I wasn't really wowed by the design. It doesn't make me interested in what the story might be about.

 

mood/genre: 8/10

I grasped that the idea was romantic from the title and the coloring of the background. Also, the four people look like they might be couples, but I can’t really tell because the pictures don’t seem to fit well together. They aren’t cohesive.  I would assume it would be some type of fluff/light angst story from the soft feeling it gives off; and also because the title mentions a challenge for love.

 

technique:  10/20

The quality of the pictures is great, and I love the clean edges, everyone is cut out beautifully! I also like the top portion of the background; the effects are used really well. But, as I said before, the picture wasn't cohesive. The characters don't seem to be a part of the same poster. Also, the green lighting on the bottom is a bit off-putting. It doesn't flow well with the pinkish-blue at the top, the lighting effects stop abruptly once the new color comes in, and Suzy and the title are lost on the bottom. There isn't a main focus point to the piece; nothing stands out. Personally, I feel the border was an unnecessary addition; especially since it's barely visible.

 

pictures: 4/5

I love the quality and beautiful cutting job that was done on the pictures. However, they don’t relate to each other and the proportions seem off. Also, Myungsoo is blends in with the background from the neck down.

 

quality: 4/5

You lose some of the quality of the pictures because everything is faded out, and slightly fuzzy with the lighting you used, but I can still tell they were pretty high quality.

 

coloring: 4.5/10

The pink and blue tones are really nice. I can tell that this is a slightly moody romantic story because of them. I mentioned before that the random green upsets the flow. It’s a bit obnoxious when placed with the softer colors. Also, the coloring on the characters fades their features, making their clothes stand out more than their faces.  Like I said before, the opposite applies to Myungsoo, who loses his body in the background.

 

placement: 8/15

Myungsoo and Jiyeon seem to show that they would be a potential couple in the story, and fit really well together. The other two pictures conflict with not just themselves, but the rest of the poster. Taemin is too tall, making his legs seem unnaturally long, and he towers awkwardly over the rest of the group. Suzy doesn’t fit with anyone. She is sitting and not on the same level as anyone in the picture; also she’s just strangely floating there. Finally, Suzy and the title are almost lost because of their spots. My eyes are drawn to the top where the other faces are, and the low placement of the other pieces make them easily overlooked.

 

resources: 6/15

The pictures are impressive. As a graphic designer myself, I know how difficult it is to get/make cutouts that are so cleanly cropped and are high in quality. The light effects and background are nice as well. There wasn’t much stock or extra decals used otherwise.

 

typography: 5/5

Your font was very fitting. It obviously is romantic, fits with your theme, and matches the soft coloring of your graphic.

 

bonus: 2/5

One point for being my first review ^^ The second for using one of my FAVORITE photo-shoots of Taemin

 

total: 55/100


Thank you for requesting! Don't forget to make a blog post about the shop!

note from i_lovekpop_fics : Hi! I realize that you can't exactly credit in a foreword or description, considering this is a graphic OTL So I've added to rule #5 in the foreword of the shop. It explains what you need to do (make a blog post with a link to the shop). Sorry for the confusion! ^^ 

 

layout credit: i_lovekpop_fics