Chapter 1

Player

~no one's pov~

 

Sandeul panting really hard. His legs were burning and sweat were starting to form.

With his heavy backpack, it only made the situation worse.

Living alone with a puppy in a small apartment was hard. Not only that, but the apartment was 2 miles away from school but it also gave him a chance to build abs.

Sandeul saw the gate slowly closing in front of him and cursed. He took a deep breath and ran at top speed.

Luckily, the guy closing the gate saw Sandeul and let him pass. Sandeul sighed of relief and thanked the man.

Right when he turned around, he bumped against someone making his backpack fall off.

"Omg! I'm so sorry! God I'm such a klutz. Sorry!" Sandeul said.

He help the man up and looked at his face. It was the school's biggest player, Cha Baro.

"Ughh!! Not sorry!" Sandeul said.

Baro looked at Sandeul with a scowl but it softened as he looked at Sandeul's face

Sandeul was cute. No, adorable even. His bangs stuck to his forehead covering his face. His eyes big and brown. His lips were nice and plump. While Baro was checking Sandeul out, Sandeul was putting on his backpack.

"What's your name?" Baro asked.

"You don't need to know." Sandeul said trying to leave but Baro was in his way

"I'm not letting you go till you tell me your name." Baro said.

"Lee Sandeul! Now let me go to class!" Sandeul said.

"Hey Sandeul, are you astronaut cause you're way outta ths world." Baro said. Sandeul scoffed, everyone knew this stupid pickup line.

"Hey Baro, I'm a baseball player, cause I'm way outta your league!" Sandeul said mocking Baro.

"Hey chill, no need to be so moody." Baro said putting his hand on Sandeul's shoulder.

"Get off of me! We're late for class" Sandeul said leaving. Baro grabbed his wrist and truned him around.

"C'mon sweet thing. Let's have fun." Baro said.

"No way, I'm not your little toy. Plus, I have a boyfriend!!" Sandeul said getting mad.

Baro got closer to him and wrapped his arm around his waist.

"He doesn't have to know." Baro whispered in Sandeul's ear.

Sandeul struggled to get out of his grip but it was too tight.

"Let me go bastard!" Sandeul said.

"What makes you think I'll let a cute target like you go?" Baro said.

"The guy behind you will make me go." Sandeul said.

"What guy?" Baro turned around to see good-looking guy glaring down at him. He could've sworn he saw smoke coming out of his ears.

"Whose this?" Baro asked.

"My boyfriend, Jinyoung." Sandeul said smiling.

"So? What's he going to do?" Baro asked.

"This." Jinyoung said and punched Baro on his cheek letting Sandeul free.

Sandeul on the other hand had his eyes wide.

"Jinyoung!!" Sandeul yelled.

"What?" Jinyoung said.

"Why did you punch him? You could've just gotton a teacher or something!" Sandeul yelled helping Baro up.

"Why are you on his side? He was the one molestering you!" Jinyoung said.

"You know how i am with bullying or fighting!" Sandeul said remembering his childhood memories.

"Right, sorry." Jinyoung said.

Jinyoung got closer to Baro. He pulled Baro by his collar and whispered to him, "Don't go after my baby Sandeul again ok? If you do, you'll pay for it." He let go of his collar and walked away with Sandeul.

"I get what I want Jinyoung. I'll get Sandeul. You just watch. My new target/toy will be you Lee Sandeul." Baro smirked.

He got up and went to class. He didn't even bother to talk to the teacher about him being late, he just looked around for an empty seat.

He smilied wide when he saw a particular person sitting alone at the back. While he was walking towards the particular person, girls were revealing their s, winking at him, biting their lips, and putting their phone numbers in his pocket.

Once he made his way, he sat down without a care in the world.

"Hey there." Baro said.

His "target" looked up at him and groaned.

"What are you doing here?" Sandeul asked.

"Just sitting down next to my cute little toy." Baro said pinching Sandeul's cheeks

"I'm not your little toy!" Sandeul whispered/yelled.

"Why don't we play a little game?" Baro said.

"No thanks." Sandeul said.

"C'mon, it'll be fun." Baro said.

"Oh yeah? What game?" Sandeul said.

"Let's sweet talk, play fight, talk 24/7. Tell each other good morning and good night everyday. Take walks together. Give each other nicknames. Let's go on dates, talk on the phone all night long, hold each other, and kiss and hug. Whoever falls in love first loses." Baro said.

"Your kidding me right? Old pickup lines and old games. Why do people even like you?" Sandeul said.

"SANDEUL AND BARO!!! DID YOU HEAR ME?" The teacher yelled.

"N-No sir. i'm very sorry sir." Sandeul said.

"Whatever" Baro said. Sandeul elbowed him and glared at him.

Baro rolled his eyes.

"Well, since you guys seem to not like each other yet you guys were talking in my class, not paying attention, and since Baro has attitude problems. I have no choice but to pair you guys up for the project I assigned." The teacher said.

All the girls whined and protested. 

"Uuhhh What project?" Sandeul asked.

"That's what happens when you don't listen!" The teacher said. Throughtout the whole class, Sandeul stayed quiet even when Baro was pestering him.

 

*Lunch time*

 

"Worst day of my life!!" Sandeul said.

"What's wrong hyung?" Gongchan asked cutely.

"That stupid player Baro keeps bothering me! What's worse is that now we're partners for this project." Sandeul said.

"I'm sorry hyung." Gongchan said Sandeul's back.

Gongchan had a crush on Sandeul for 5 years now. His luck crashed when he found out Jinyoung and Sandeul were dating. Yet he still hasn't given up. Gongchan leaned in closer to Sandeul. Knees touching and bodies so close. Until two hands separted them.

"Ok Gongchan, you body is way to close to my baby." Jinyoung said.

Gongchan mentally stabbed Jinyoung in his mind.

'Sorry hyung" Gongchan mumbled.

"Hey babe." Sandeul said pecking Jinyoung's lips. "Wanna go to the park today after school?"

"Ummm, sorry but I have something else to do.' Jinyoung said.

"I'll go!" Gongchan said.

Jinyoung looked at gongchan. "You sure?" Jinyoung said his voice sounded almost threatning.

"Ummmm, I'll just go home alone then....again." Sandeul said.

"Sorry babe, but you know, I'm just busy these days." Jinyoung said.

"It's been 2 weeks and you still won't tell me why you're busy." Sandeul whined.

"Look, it's no biggie." Jinyoung said checking his phone. "Well, uh I have to go. Bye babe." Jinyoung said and left.

Sandeul looked down at his food. "Don't you feel like he's hidding something?" Gongchan asked.

"He's definitely hiding something but, well he's my boyfriend. I trust him." Sandeul said.

Gongchan sighed. "Yeah, I guess."

From then on, it was quiet until the bell rang.

"Well we have to go, bye!" Sandeul said and hugged Gongchan. Gongchan smiled and took a deep breath of his scent.

"I'll walk you to class." Gongchan insisted.

"No it's fine. Your class is all the way down the hallway, but thanks." Sandeul said smiling.

They waved goodbye and walked to their classes.

"" Sandeul cursed. He forgot his textbooks.

He walked back and found a 4 girls standing in front of his locker.

"Oh look, he finally came." A girl said.

"Umm, you're standing in front of my locker, can you please move?" Sandeul asked.

"You know, he is actually cute, but not as cute and hot as Baro." Another girl said.

"Yup, let's bring the boys out." The 3rd girl said and whistled.

A group of football players came out. Sandeul gulped. He had a bad feeling about this.

"Guys, this is the dude." The 4th girl said. "Do us a favor. You know what it is and Sandeul, this is what you get. Don't talk to our Baro oppa ever again!"

Slowly, the guys started coming closer towards him smirking.

"Come here pretty boy." Sandeul started running. He had no idea where he as going but he ran as fast as he could.

Unfortunately, they were fast. They grabbed his hair and pulled him in the group.

One guy punched him in the stomach while other kicked him in the shin. Sandeul scremed out in pain.

"Shut up" a guy said and punched him in the face.

He was crying and begging for them to stop.

No one came to help him and he felt himself slowly blacking out.

His childhood memories were coming back.

His life as flashing before his eyes and he couldn't do anything. Sandeul slowly closed his eyes giving up.

He heard a loud "STOP!" and he opened his eyes.

The footballs players stopped beating him up and was fighting someone else.

He heard a loud bang and saw a football player held up on the lockers getting beat up by a guy who had a cap on.

All the other football players ran away scared by the guy in the cap. Sandeul took a deep breath and tried to stand up but fell back down.

Two strong firm hands helped him up.  He looked at the guy.

"Baro?" Sandeul said.

"Are you ok?" Baro asked.

"Umm y-yeah." Sandeul said trying to breath.

"No you're not. Get on my back." Baro said and gave Sandeul a piggyback ride.

"Where are we going?" Sandeul asked.

"My place." Baro said.

Sandeul bit his lips and stayed quiet until they reached Baro's house.

Sandeul looked up and saw practically a mansion.

Baro set down Sandeul on the couch and got his first aid kit.

Baro lightly dabbed Sandeul with a alcohol packet.

Sandeul winced a couple times. After Baro bandaged Sandeul he gave Sandeul some soup.

"Baro?" Sandeul said.

"Yeah?" Baro said.

"Thank you." Sandeul said.

Baro smiled at him "No biggie."

"No really, thank you so much." Sandeul said hugging Baro.

There were weird tingles going through Baro but it felt pleasant.

He hugged Sandeul tighter.

That was the day Baro made his decision.

No matter what, he will get Sandeul, his little toy.

His cute target.