The Little Mermaid

once upon a time

“If only I could make him understand. I just don't see things the way he does. I just don't see how a world that makes such wonderful things could be bad.”

 

 

 

Tiffany Hwang is no pampered princess.

 

With her dazzling red hair and matching shimmering tail, Tiffany is the pearl that everyone loves and yearns for, but she has a personal desire that she knows is just wishful thinking, for no one could ever fulfill her wish for her - to go on land.

 

When she turned 15 just a few days ago, Tiffany was finally permitted to swim to the surface to watch the world above. She had grown up listening to her sisters speak wonderful tales of the world above, and what she witnessed was something that she  would never forget.

 

“I want to walk and breathe on land.”

 

She sighs as she stares up at the glimmering water surface, wishing that she has two human legs instead of the tail that is now, in comparison, much more cumbersome and unsightly to her.

 

Deep down inside, she knows that what she wants most is to see him again - him who she had saved, whose heartbeat she had felt through his thin, wet blouse, him who reminded her what it was like to be truly alive on land.

 

For him, for land, for freedom - she is willing to turn into sea foam that would be washed away and non-existential for eternity.


Written by : myungsoos

Author's note: Hello there!! So yes I've finally written a chapter based on The Little Mermaid because TIFFANY LOOKS GORGEOUS WITH RED HAIR (well Krystal has red hair now too I suppose but still! Fany!)  and I thought, why not feature Tiffany as Ariel? So here you have it ~ It's not angsty enough because I'm currently in a good mood after eating pop tarts (yum) 

Do comment, subscribe and continue read! (: