The Ghost

Two Worlds Apart

After 3 horrible hours of packing(in Nichkhun's opinion), they finally finished. He plopped himself on the peeling sofa and lay there. Why did I agree to come to this godforsaken place again? Right, my only chance to escape school. Nachjaree sat on the floor, talking to the 'ghost' again.

"Can you stop talking to yourself?" Nichkhun was irritated. The blabbering was droning in the background while Nichkhun was trying to sleep. It was hard. Try sleeping on a hard rock sofa with constant chattering beside your ear. He opened his eyes and thought he saw a white figure sitting or hovering above the now clean marble tiles, right across his sister. This time, Nachjaree did not shut up. In fact, she yelled back.

"I'm not talking to myself! I'm talking to Victoria!" Nachjaree shouted right into her brother's ear. Nichkhun was starting to have a pounding headache.

"What's going on? Nachjaree, stop talking to yourself and Nichkhun, stop yelling at your sister. I made some bread. Come eat," their mother said sternly. Nachjaree said bye to 'Victoria' and glared at Nichkhun, before heading off to the dining table. Nichkhun hopped off the sofa and grabbed a bread on the way, making his way to his room.

The room had an antique wallpaper, with a table with intricate designs on it beside the bed and a lamp sitting neatly on it. The bedsheets were, however, clean. He lay in bed, thinking about the white figure he saw. Could it be, that ghosts really exist? No, it can't be. It must be my imagination. Nichkhun's eyelids were drooping and before he knew it, he dozed off.

Nichkhun rubbed his eyes. He looked at the wall clock hanging in the room. It was 3 in the morning. Nichkhun looked around and got the shock of his life.

Standing at the door, was a white figure. She had long brown hair, a oval shaped face and relatively big eyes, wearing a simple laced dress till slightly below her knees. She beckoned him to come over. Somehow, Nichkhun could not stop his legs. She had something like a power, and nobody could resist it to do her bidding.

Nichkhun wasn't scared. He just suddenly felt calm and peaceful.

"Hi. I am Victoria. I'm usually very lonely here until I met your sister, and you saw me already, so no harm making another friend," Victoria said in Korean. She somehow just knew Nichkhun knew Korean.

"H-hi. I'm Nichkhun," he said. He remembered he was talking to a ghost. Was he becoming crazy like his sister? 

"Are you real? Or my imagination?" Nichkhun asked.

"What makes you say so?" Victoria asked, and looked a little disappointed. 

"How did you die?" he blurted out.

He noticed a wave of sadness wash over her and could see it. In her eyes. She kept quiet and vanished. So much for being her friend. She looks quite pretty? And Chinese. What is she doing in Korea. Funny. Like asking myself what am I doing in Korea when I'm supposed to be in Thailand. A stupid trip it is. He walked around the house, and it did not look that creepy after all. No sign of Victoria.

He then felt a force attract him to the library. To the third shelf, fourth book from the right. He had a urge to pull the book out and that's exactly what he did. He flipped to the fifth page unconsciously. The book was about the history of the mansion. And after reading, he flipped to the thirteenth page.

"The Eighth Generation consisted of Kim Jae Young, Kim Soo In, Kim Oh Hyun and Kim Jung Min.

..... (A/N: Five dots mean boring stuff and the part I want to focus on. The rest all plain b******t. Lol ^^)

Spouses: Kim Jae Young: Victoria Song Qian

Victoria came from China to Korea for studies. Jae Young met Victoria in Math class and they soon became friends. Soon, their friendship turned to a relationship and they started dating. When they finished university, they planned to get married. On the wedding day, Victoria mysteriously disappeared and till this day, nobody knows about her whereabouts. Rumours said that she eloped with another guy, leaving Jae Young on his own."

He shut the book and tried to digest what he had just read. It was pure torture as he hated reading. Victoria appeared beside him.