The Truth

Two Worlds Apart

"You left your fiancé for another guy?" Nichkhun raised a brow.

"I wasn't the one that left. He was," Nichkhun could feel that grief coated her words.

"Then why did they write it there?" he asked, wanting to find out more.

"Think. Who wants to leave a book about their atrocities for their next generation? Who wants their name ruined? If it was you and you did something terrible, would you write about it in your book that is going to be left for your next generation?"

"I guess I won't. Then if what you say if correct, what exactly happened?" he delved deeper into her past.

"One year after dating him, I wanted to go to his place to meet him. I drove there and saw him kissing a girl. I tried to close one eye and pretend nothing happened. I didn't confront him. I kept quiet. Then another time, I saw him hugging the same girl in the lobby of a hotel when I was there for a business meetup. I pretended nothing happened again. On our wedding day, I asked him if he really wanted to marry me and questioned him about that girl. He flared up and yelled at me. Then he eloped with that girl and left me to my embarrassment in the church." 

"Jae Young, do you really love me?" Victoria asked.

"Why do you ask?" Jae Young smiled. Victoria just kept a stern face.

"Do you really want to marry me?" 

Jae Young raised a brow.

"Of course I do," he put his arms around her waist. 

"Then who is that girl you were kissing and hugging at the hotel lobby?" 

Jae Young was getting annoyed with her questions. He kept quiet.

"Yah! I'm asking you a question!" Victoria was almost crying. He flared up and said.

"Yeah! I love her and what can you do?" Jae Young smirked.

She slapped him. He held his left cheek with was now burning and red.

"Go find another guy to marry! What makes you think I like you? You are not rich nor pretty. I was just playing with you!" Jae Young pushed her to the ground and threw the engagement ring at her face. Victoria's tears spilled out and her mascara was smeared over her face. She grabbed onto his leg. He just shook her hand off and kicked her in her waist.

"Jae Young! Where are you going? There's only ten minutes left!" Jae Young's mother whispered.

"I don't want to marry her. What makes you think I want to marry that poor girl?" Jae Young scoffed and left with that girl.

Victoria winced at remembering her sad past.

Everyone heard what Jae Young said and began gossiping. Victoria could hear them loud and clear. As though the brain only hears negative, not positive. She got up and ran out of the church onto the cliff and fell backwards, killing herself on a sharp rock.

Nichkhun felt angry for Victoria and her could feel her anger boiling.

(A/N: Highly recommend you to watch We Got Married Khuntoria, the episode where they went to Thailand for you to see how his family looks like and have a better feel of the story.)