Chapter 19

Love Alone

 

Ji Yeon’s POV
It’s been a few days since school reopened. Jason has gone back to America, and Hyun Jin is still ignoring me. I tried calling and texting him, but he didn’t answer or reply. I would say Hi to him whenever I saw him, but he just walked away without even looking at me. Both he and HaeWon have not come to look for us during lunch. What did I do wrong?! I just don’t get why he’s treating me this way. I don’t know why but somehow, I feel sad…

Hae Won’s POV
My phone vibrated again, Jiyeon has replied. 
“Did he (Hyun Jin) tell you anything?” I read the text.
“No…I have no idea what is wrong with him…” I replied to Jiyeon’s text.
“Ya! What’s wrong with you?” I asked Hyun Jin.
I was getting impatient trying to get an answer from Jin Jin. He just ignored me and continued sleeping like a pig, well pretending to sleep. He’s been very cold and quiet nowadays, actually, ever since that day at the amusement park. He has never acted like this before. No wait, the only time was when he found out about his ex-girlfriend… Does this have anything to do with Ji Yeon and Jin Wan? What did they do? Was it because of what happened at the restaurant last Sunday? I need them to clear things up. Seeing Hyun Jin and Ji Yeon together hurts me, but seeing Ji Yeon so sad breaks my heart even more…


---
“Ringggg!!~” School was finally over.

Hyun Jin picked up his bag to leave but I pulled him with me.
“Ya what do you want?!” he said, irritated.
“Just shut up and follow me” I dragged him to the second floor where Ji Yeon’s classroom was. 
“Where are you taking me?!” 
“Stop groaning!!” 
Before he knew it, we arrived outside Ji Yeon’s classroom.

 “Why the hell did you take me here? I’m leaving.” 
I grabbed his arm and said in a serious tone, “Please, I believe there’s a misunderstanding between the both of you”
He looked at me and didn’t say anything. Silence means consent, so I assumed he agreed.

We both entered the classroom expecting to find Ji Yeon waiting for us, but it turned out it was not Ji Yeon alone. There was another guy. Wait, he seems familiar… Oh he’s the guy I saw her with at the club a few months back.

Flashback

“Hey! Aren’t you the girl who got lost just now?” I said as I served Ji Yeon and the guy.

She turned around to look at me. “Oh, ne! You work here?”

 “Yes haha. You are here to drink with your boyfriend? I’m sorry I shall not disturb you guys then. Bye.” I said cheekily and left.

---

 He was standing in front of Ji Yeon with his back facing us…and with his hands wrapped around her neck. They looked like they were…kissing. My heart just shattered into pieces. What the hell?! Is he really her boyfriend?! Why didn’t she tell us??

But the pain I felt could never be compared to Hyun Jin’s. He had already been betrayed once. And he finally started liking another girl and yet the same thing was happening to him again…

I turned to look at Hyun Jin. His fists were clenched, but his face showed no emotion at all. Suddenly, he just turned to leave. I glanced at Ji Yeon and the guy again before going after Hyun Jin…