Ch. 2 1st day at The Ace Plaza

Step by Step

It’s been a month since the last blind date escapade and thankfully no one’s been bothering me about one.  Everyone’s been busy working ever since The Ace Plaza opened up two weeks ago.  It’s a luxurious five star hotel and all the rich and famous are lining up just to get a room.  Fan girls and boys stalk the hotel just to get a glimpse of their idols, so being right across from it helps business like no other.  It doesn’t hurt that our staff consist of young handsome men too.  They love the attention, especially Kai and Sehun.

My hand swung the doors shut as I locked the café.  Suho, Sehun, and Chanyeol were cleaning things up.  They were in their uniforms, which consist of black slacks, a white dress shirt, a black vest, and a black tie, but Sehun and D.O. wear bow ties.  Suho just wears his usual suit and tie.  I wanted to wear a pant suit too, but Suho didn’t approve.  He had Hyoyeon design and customizes a dress for me.  It’s a sleeveless black lace dress that stops at mid-thigh and has an open back, and black closed toes heels to match it.  The entire outfit is a nuisance to work it.

“Hey boys, how’s it going?”  I asked setting my purse down on the counter so I could pull my hair in a high ponytail.

“Good, just finishing up sweeping.”  Chanyeol answered as I began wiping down the counters.  After I finished I went to the kitchen to check on the kitchen.  I popped my head in and they were power housing to get things done.  Kai is wiping everything down like crazy as Baekhyun quickly mopped the floor.  D.O. went around putting everything back in place.

“Oh, Rain.”  Chanyeol and Sehun sang.

“Yes?”

“What are you doing tomorrow?”  Sehun asked.

“Other than drawing faces on fruits and having a tea party with them, I would have to say nothing.  Why?  You want to go get some bubble tea?!”  Bubble tea is a gift from heaven.

“You draw on fruit to have a tea party with them?  Is that really what you do on your free time?”  Sehun gave me the weirdest look possible.

“Sometimes I go dancing.”  I said nervously.

“With what?  Your stuff plushies.”

“…maybe.” My eyes shifted from side to side.

“Anyways, we know someone who would love to go get bubble tea with you.”

“No, Chanyeol.”

“But you said you weren’t busy!” he whined.

“Well, I lied.”

“What are you doing then?”  That’s a very good question.  My thumbs began fiddling against one another as I tried thinking of an excuse.  “Well?” 

“I have very important business to attend to.”  Chanyeol raised an eyebrow as Sehun crossed his arms.  Clearly they don’t believe me.  “Seriously, I’ll be busy the next three days.”

“Your only day off is tomorrow.”  Sehun narrowed his eyes at me.

“Yes, um, I was going to talk to Suho about it.”

“Talk to me about what?”  Suho came walking over wiping his hand on a towel.  He set it down on the counter.

“I need the next three days off because I have to attend a very important matter.”

“Which is?” 

Franticly I tried thinking of a good excuse, “Umm, I’m going to have to watch my niece.”

“You’re an only child.”

“Only child right.  Umm, my Aunt is sick.”

“She lives in the States.”

“Of course…um I’m going to… a seminar?”

“Liar!”  Don’t call me out on my lie Sehun!

Suho crossed his arm and tilted his head up.  His eyes closed and he seemed to be in deep thought.  “What kind of seminar?”

“It’s a…a self-improvement one.”

“Got it you’re going to the one at The Ace Plaza.”

“I am?”

“She is?”  Sehun and Chanyeol asked in unison.

“Yeah, I was actually thinking about going to it, but decided against it.  Alright, you can have the next three days off.  But next time give me more than a short notice alright?”

I shook my head yes with my mouth wide open.  Wow.  One of my lies actually worked.  That never happens!  This is absolutely amazing-

“Well you can still meet up with him before or after your seminar.”  Chanyeol suggested tugging on my ponytail.

I tilted my head up to look at him, “I can’t.”

“Why?”

“I’m staying at the hotel all three days.”  Holy cow why would I say that?!  That place costs a fortune!

“I think the classes are an all-day thing anyways.  Take good notes for me okay?” I shook my head as to answer Suho’s question.

“Well then.”  Chanyeol crossed his arms and began pouting.

“Well, I’m ready to go home.  Hey guys you done?”  Suho went around the counter to the kitchen door.

“Yeah, we’re done!”  D.O. answered as they came walking out.

“Let’s get out of here then!”

How is it possible that I am constantly getting into trouble?  It doesn’t help that I make it worse in an attempt to get out of it.  Now I have to call my Aunt and see if I could use my back up emergency card before I book a room.  I’m dreading this phone call all ready.

The phone rang a couple of times before she answered, “Do you have a boyfriend yet?”  Yeah she likes to cut to the chase.  “I’m guessing the answer is no.”

“Oh Auntie I missed you too.” 

“Why we saw each other two months ago?”

“Yes, but in a normal family they still miss each other no matter what.”

“That’s just dumb.”  Her voice had an annoyed tint to it.

“Well, I was just wondering if it would be alright if I use the emergency card.”

“Honey, it’s your card you spend it on whatever you want.  I just pay the bill.”

“I just wanted to make sure it’s okay since you are paying for it.”

“Oh, honey I don’t care.  What are you getting?  Is it a male stripper?”  She softly whispered.

“No!  Of course not!  That’s just gross.”  How could she possibly think that?

“Well, if you weren’t going to get a boyfriend then get you a play toy.  There’s nothing wrong with that.  I mean, have I told you about the time I went to Maui?”

“No Auntie let’s not talk about that.  I’m hanging up now, good-bye.”  She was still talking about Maui when I pushed ended the call.  Great, now I just have to book the room.  I grabbed my laptop and flopped on my bed.  Booking rooms are so much easier online.  “Alright, and done!  Yay, I got the room.  I wonder how the hotel looks like…” the gallery was filled with beautiful shots of the hotel like the garden and thank goodness there’s a spa!  It looks like the Versailles castle in France.  Is that gold I see?  Thank goodness my Aunt is filthy stinking rich from divorcing her three rich ex-husbands and taking more than half of their assets.  Shutting my laptop, I rolled over and closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

People were walking in and out of the hotel, and they all looked flashy.  I really don’t look like I fit in here, especially with my gray hoodie and black sweatpants.  Security keeps looks at me like I’m about to rob the place.  I don’t blame them.

Luckily for me there were only two people in line at the front desk so I was up there in no time.  The man gave me a sweet smile, “Hello!  I’m Lay!  What can I do for you?”

“Hello, I should have a room under the name of-” thank goodness he was able to hear as a group of loud young girls came walking by.

“Yes, mam, we have you in room 627.” He reached over and rang a bell.  Two boys came running over and saluted.  “Chen.  Tao, help Miss-”

“Achooo!” I covered my nose as Lay kindly handed me a tissue.  “Thank you.”

“No problem.  Will you two help her to room 627?” he continued.

“We sure can!  Right this way my fair lady.”  The shorter one took my arm in an kind of way while gesturing to the right. 

“Chen!  Aren’t you going to help me with the bags?!”  The taller one asked.

“Use the dolly Tao, you got this!”  Chen replied back over his shoulder.

“What are you going to carry?!”

“I’m carrying her arm; now hurry Tao we are already at the elevator.”

Tao stuck my bags on the dolly and quickly made his way to us.  Chen pushed for the elevator and turned to me smiling.  “You’ll definitely enjoy your time here.”

“I sure hope so, and your name is?”

“I’m Chen and it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“It’s nice to meet you too.  And your name is Tao yes?”

“Yes it’s Tao.”

“Thank you so much for helping me right now.  I really appreciate it.”

“No problem at all.  And here’s our elevator.  Tao, wheel the dolly in first will you?” 

Tao gave him a pouty look and crossed his arms, “Why can’t you wheel the dolly in and I carry her arm?”

“I’m already holding her arm so go.”  When did he grab my arm?  I didn’t even notice.

Tao went in with the dolly still pouting and Chen guided me in.  He quickly pushed the floor and moved his hand behind his back.  Chen just smiled and stared at me in a kind of creepy way.  I glanced to Tao and he was doing the same thing.  Talk about awkward.

“Here is our floor.”  Chen said as he escorted me out.  We headed down the hall till we reached my room.  Chen took my room key and opened the door.  “Here we go my fair lady.”  The room is too beautiful to describe it so I’m not going to try.  “If you need anything just call the front desk alright?”  I nodded yes as I watched Tao unload my stuff.

“Guess I’ll bring out my friends.”  Digging through one of my duffel bags I pulled out all my plushies.  I sat them neatly on the bed and took out my mini tea set.  “Tea time!  Okay Mr. Fluffikins would you like green tea or grey earl tea?  Grey earl it is!  Now have I told you about the story when I went over to my Aunt’s friend’s house and-”

“Um, excuse me.”  My head swung to the door where a handsome man stood holding a gift basket.  I jumped off the bed and began flailing franticly.  “I’m not having tea time with dolls!”

“…okay.  I’m…BenBen, and I’m here to give you your gift for choosing The Ace Plaza to stay.  Normally, manager Luhan would give the gifts to the guest, but he’s busy.”

“Oh, thank you BenBen.”  I took the gift basket and set it aside. 

“So is that normal for you?”

“I’m sorry?”

“Do you always play tea time with your dolls?”

“…Okay bye!” I swung the door shut and jumped on the bed.  I flipped on my back and closed my eyes.  The bed is really soft.  It’s like I’m floating on a cloud, but the only problem is that it’s a little cold.  I began flailing around in the bed to warm it up a bit.  My movements became more vigorous, and then the door opened.

“Sorry Miss, but I forgot…” he stopped and gave me a weird look.  I’m on the bed all sprawled out with my mouth wide open in stun.  He just stared and then opened his mouth, “I’m sorry, but is there a mental institute down the street that I don’t know about, that you escaped from?”

I gave it a thoughtful look and shook my head no.  He made a silent “oh” and shook his head, “So it’s natural for you to flail around like a retarded seal?”

Instantly I jumped up and began fixing the bed a little.  “I was just trying to warm the bed a little.  It felt a little cold.”

“It felt a little cold?” he said rhetorically.

“Yes.  So I did my bed warm dance to warm it up.  The friction of my body heat warms it up.”  I said innocently.

“You’re weird.”

My eyebrows furrowed together as I frowned.  “You’re weird!  And why are you in my room again?  And why didn’t you knock first?”

He handed me a brochure and I began looking through it.  “I forgot to stick it in your basket.  It shows you the events and where it will be held.”

“Oh.  Thank-you.”

 “I’ll leave you to your…weird ways.” I yelled as he shut the door behind him.  Ignoring the insult, I went back to reading the brochure.  Ohhhh, there’s a club room with an awesome bar!  4minute will be performing too!  Eh, I rather hide in my room-WAIT HOLD THE PHONE.  I only have to pay for drinks and I get to eat whatever I want!  Free food!  Sold.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I shut the door to her room and began making my way down the hall.  She’s such a strange girl.  I entered the elevator and pushed for the lobby.  Once I reached my floor I casually strolled to the front desk where Lay, Chen, Tao, and a crossed arm Luhan were waiting for me.

“Why did it take you so long to bring one guest the basket Kris?”

“Listen Luhan.  That chick is weird.  I had to double check to make sure she didn’t come from a mental institute.”

“What room did you go to?”  Tao asked.

“627.”

“Ohhh, the girl who looked like she was about to rob us!”  Chen exclaimed.

“I thought she seemed normal.”  Lay said all innocently.

“No.  She was in there having tea time with her dolls and doing a weird bed warm dance.”

“But Kris, you named this hotel after your stuff alpaca.”  Luhan deadpanned.

“But I don’t have tea with him!”

“You call it your son.” Added Tao.

“Leave my son out of this!  Listen.  She’s weird.  End of story.”

“Sure whatever you say Kris.” Luhan rolled his eyes.

“Luhan don’t you have more baskets to hand out?  Chen.  Tao.  Don’t you have work to do?”

“He’s just upset that he’s just as weird as 627.”  Chen whispered to Tao as they began heading to the elevator.

“I heard that.”  I followed along behind them.

“It was intended to be heard.”

“Listen here Chen-” I couldn’t finish my sentence by the loud screeching sound that made everyone cover their ears.  Oh jeez it can only be…

“KRIS OPPA~~~~~~~~~!”

 Kim Hyuna.  Oh jeez I gotta get out of here!  I bolted to the elevator that Chen and Tao were in.  I waved at them, “Don’t shut the door keep it open!”  That bastard Chen started pushing the ‘Shut door’ button furiously.  “Chen I swear if you close that door!”  The door began closing as Chen and Tao smiled and waved mockingly.  As I got to the elevator the door shut in my face.

“OPPA~~~!”  I can hear her heels clanking closer and closer.  Slowly I cringed and turned to face her.  She came running, latching her to me.

“Hi, Hyuna.  How are you?”

“AMAZING!  I’m so happy you’re in Seoul now!  I missed oppa very very much.”  She gave me a pout that any man would have gone weak in the knees with…but me.

“Oh how…sweet of you, I suppose.”

“Oppa are you going to the after party after the show?”  She asked teasingly while playing with my tie.  I looked over at Luhan and Lay who were still at the front counter watching for their own amusement.  I mouthed help to them and Lay held his palm up and shrugged not knowing what to do.  Luhan began looking around.  “Oppa are you listening?!”

“LOOK EVERYONE ITS KIM HYUNA!”  Luhan hollered to the paparazzi’s.  They came running over, and I took the opportunity to run.  She kept hollering for me, but I kept running.  I hopped in an elevator and just pressed a floor.  Man, I need to visit Xiumin at the bar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came out of the bathroom in a long sleeved fitted black mini dress.  It had a really low open back and the shoulders had gem designs on it with chains hanging down.  I had black pumps on with silver stud designs on the top toe half of my shoe and the heel part.  Quickly, I stuck my hair in a high curly ponytail and grabbed my black clutch.  When my hand reached the doorknob I took a deep breath and went out the door to the club room.

Wow, the room was packed.  Hell the room looks like a building of its own.  Vip rooms and everything.  Making my way through a bunch of sweaty dancing bodies, I managed to make it to the bar.  Grabbing the closest seat, the bartender greeted me.

“Hello! My name is Xiumin!  What may I get you madam?”  He was a handsome man dressed in a white dress shirt with his sleeves rolled up and a black loose vest on.

“May I have a Black Pepper-Raspberry Sorbet with Prosecco?”

“You certainly may!” he went to work as I began taking in the area.  Then I felt someone bump into me.

“I’m so sorry- 627!  Is it really you?”  The man’s face got closer to mine as I leaned back a little.

“Uh…..”

“It’s Chen!  You know I carried your arm to the elevator and your room!”

“Oh!  Now I remember!” 

“Tao!  Tao!  Look its 627!”  He waved Tao over and he came over.  “Look!  627!”

“Wow 627 you look great!”  Tao said with a bright smile.  They look handsome before but with their new attire they looked REALLY handsome.  Chen had a black and gray varsity jacket on with a gray shirt and black pants.  Tao had a black leather jacket with a black v neck shirt with black ripped skinny jeans

“Yeah she doesn’t look like she’s going to rob us anymore!”

I held my hand up and gave a look, “You’re too kind.”

“Stay here 627, Tao and I are going to find the others and bring them here.”

“Oh, ok I guess…”  Chen and Tao ran off looking for the ‘others’.

“Here you go mam!”

“Thank you!”  I took a drink and boy was it amazing.

“How is it?”

“Absolutely delicious.”

“So I see you know Chen and Tao.”

“Not really know more like they carried my stuff.  Well, one carried my stuff the other carried my arm.”

“Sound likes Chen right there.”

I giggled and nodded my head yes, “You’re absolutely right.”

“Hey Xiumin get me a glass of scotch on the rocks.”

“Kris!  Can’t you see I’m talking to a pretty lady?”

I turned next to me to see the blonde man, who called himself BenBen, take the seat next to me.  He looked ridicoulously handsome in his black blazer jacket.  He had a black v neck shirt under with black pants.  He also had a silver cross necklace.  “Kris?  I thought your name was BenBen?”

He turned to look at me.  His eyes squinted trying to remember who I am.  Then his eyes lit up and he snapped his fingers, “Weird 627!”

“I’m not weird!”

“Really Kris?  BenBen?”

“Quiet Baozi.  And where is my scotch?”  Xiumin took out a glass and poured his scotch.

“Are you allowed to drink while you’re on the job?”

“She doesn’t know who you are does she?”  Xiumin asked Kris.

“Nope.”

I tilted my head and gave them a questioning look.  I was about to ask who he was when Chen and Tao came running back with two more men.

“Hey look Kris is here!”  Chen shouted.  Kris just nodded his head taking a drink.

“Lay you remember 627 right?”  Tao asked.

Lay had to think about it and then shook his head yes, “Yeah the one who looked like she was going to rob us and Kris said is weird.”  He looked amazing in his deep red leather jacket with his semi loose black tank.  The front of his shirt was loosely tucked into his belted black jeans.

I shot a dirty look to Kris and he shrugged taking another drink.

“Hi I’m Luhan.  I’m the manager of the hotel.”  He said with a smile on his handsome face.  He had a white leather jacket with a black shirt on and black pants and shoes to match.  I guess it's true that beautiful people are always around beautiful people.

“So are you guys off the clock?”  I asked.

“Yeah we kinda do whatever we want.”  Luhan said shyly.

“That’s cool.”

“Oh guys!  4minute is about to start!” Chen said excitedly.  The boys took a seat around the bar as we all waited for 4minute to appear on the stage in front of us.

Lay was sitting next to me as he leaned over “So are you a fan of 4minute?”

“I’m not really sure.  I just kind of came for the free food that I have yet to find where.”  I laughed and Lay joined.

“I’ll go get you some.”  Lay said as he got up.

“No you don’t have to!”

“No I insist.  I’ll be right back.”  I nodded my head yes as he left.  Lay is such a nice person.

“Hey Xiumin come sit with us.”  Kris said as Xiumin ran around the counter and took the seat next to Kris.

The lights began centering around the stage as fog came out.  Everyone started cheering and people were just going nuts in general.

“Shouldn’t you or Luhan be on the stage to introduce them?”  I heard Xiumin ask Kris.

“Nah, we’re good.”

Then 4minute came out to Who’s Next and went straight into Huh.  The cheering got even louder, especially when Hyuna did her solo part.  They don’t call her the y Queen for no reason.  Girl is hot.  No homo.

Lay came back with a plate of food for me.  I thanked him and began chowing down.  The girls began dancing to Mirror Mirror and I almost dropped my plate when Hyuna did the floor dance move.  Wait.  I’ve seen worst at the American clubs that I’ve been too.  Then they started dancing to Is it Poppin’ and the girls came down stage to dance with some few lucky men.  Hyuna went straight for Kris who was trying to hide behind me.  She dragged him on the dance floor and began dancing seductively on him.  We all couldn’t help but laugh at Kris who clearly looked like he wanted to run.  Then it was over but Hyuna still had Kris on the dance floor dancing.

“I say we take shots!”  Xiumin said as he got a bartender to pour it for us.

“I don’t want my face to turn red…” Lay whined.

“Lay is a light weight.”  Luhan said to me.

I nodded my head and smiled, “It’s okay Lay I’m a light weight too.”  We all laughed and cheered as we took our shots.  Then Tao suggested we dance.  We all went on the floor and formed a circle as we danced carelessly.  Chen started doing a cute grandpa hip move that made us all laugh.  Then Lay starting doing impressive popping and locking moves.

“Show off!”  Luhan hollered.  Then Tao stepped in doing Wushu.  “You too Tao!”

Then the song switched to Sistar Give it to me and Xiumin and Luhan took center doing the dance.  When they were done showing off Xiumin ran back to the bar and Luhan fell back into the circle.  Xiumin came back with a bunch of drinks and handed each of us a glass.

“Cheers!”  We all clattered our glasses together then taking a drink.  Hyuna walked by dragging Kris with her.  We all pointed and laughed at Kris.

“I hate all of you!”

The song switched and the boys began chanting “627” to get me to dance.  Normally I wouldn’t but I had a few drinks and so I went in the circle dancing.  They began cheering and hollering and I sashayed back out of the center.

“You’re really good!  Where did you learn to dance?” asked Lay.

“My friend Hyoyeon.  I call her the Dancing Queen!”  I answered right before Kris came running towards us.

“Listen!  We have to go before she finds me!”  he yelled.

“Try losing her in the crowd.”  I suggested.

“Lose her in the crowd…SHE CAN SMELL ME!  Believe me I’ve tried!  The only way is to leave.”

“But we are having fun!”  Tao whined.

“Yeah and I like it here.”  I pouted with my arms crossed taking a sip from my drink too.

“If 627 want to stay then we are staying.”  Luhan said and I turned to him nodding my head with a smile.

“So if she leaves you guys will follow?”  Kris asked.  They all shook their head yes.  Kris put his hand on his side and sighed.

“KRIS OPPA WHERE ARE YOU?!”  You could hear her over the loud music.

“ it.”  Next thing I knew Kris had me over his shoulders and he was running.

“What the hell Kris?!”  Chen yelled as they began chasing after him.

“You said you would only leave if she leaves!”

“So kidnapping me is your solution?!”

“Quiet!  The kidnapped has no say in this!”

“!  !  RAAAAAAAAAPE!!”

“SHHHHHHH!  DON’T YELL THAT!”

“RAAAAAAAAPE!”

“I SAID DON’T YELL THAT!”