Final

Let's Meet Again

We were both trapped. I by my weak body and you by a prison. We were in two different worlds, a fence separating us. This whole time, death was my only choice and so, it also became yours. Fate is unavoidable and unchangable. Though maybe our destinies could've been different, our fate was to die. Everyone's fate ends with death and so did ours.

Even though fate came earlier to us than most, we still enjoyed what life had to offer. We felt the feelings of loneliness, sadness, and love. In the danger of our lives, we felt safe because we had each other. A flower without sunshine is doomed to die. Your letters were my only sunshine, they were everything to me, you and your words were the only reasons I clung onto life, even if it was by only one strand of thread.

Though I was never told of what love felt like, when my heart began to beat faster, I knew that it was you. It wasn't the letters or the freedom of the outside that I had. It was you, always you. Always smiling in front of me, I couldn't help but smile back. You were my light at the end of the tunnel, you were the destiny that I was searching and reaching for. I lived to see you again, one more time. It wasn't anything more than the lush green grass and the light blue skies. The whole time, I knew that whenever you saw me, your heart would burst with streamers of joy so I kept on visiting, I kept on seeing you and giving you letters.

 


 

To me, you were a flower among a patch of weeds. You stood out from the others and I watched you from afar. But life had chances and risks to take. A letter connected us as I gave it to you. Whenever I saw you, I couldn't help smile. My heart beat faster and my cheeks heated up. Even though I was trapped in the prison and you were outside, even though we were separated, we still loved each other and communicated through heartfelt words we could keep, not just in our memories, but on paper. Words we would never forget.

That meeting place, the area behind the fence under the sun, was my favorite place to sit. That became our joyful hang out, where we handed each other our letters. I read them there while you read mine elsewhere. As long as you read it, I felt happy. Those letters, I kept them and read them over and over again, my heart pounding every day.

In that dark and lonely place within the fence, you were my beam of light that shone down upon me, like a gift from above. Because of you, prison life didn't seem that bad anymore. I sweeped the dusty ground every day outside, hoping that you would come again, and you did. Not even caring about how dirty I was or how much I was sweating, I was too eager to see you.


 

Fate separated us. Fate brought us together once more.

 


 

This time, we'll stay together forever, without a fence, without a barrier.

 


 

Let's meet again.

 


 

You know where.