What the?

Annoying Little Brat

Taeyeon’s New Year resolutions were:

1)      Have a fat bank account.

2)      Stress less

3)      Be more optimistic and less pessimistic

4)      Have a peace and serene life

5)      STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!

 

But…….

 

“Wooyoung-shi confessed to you?! Ommona unnie!!!” Yoona dropped her jaws wide enough to stuff one big chunk of burger inside of . “Like seriously? You’re not kidding me right?” The overly excited girl can’t conceal her surprise any longer. Her voice was loud enough to make Taeyeon felt remorse for telling her about Wooyoung’s confession.

 

“Yoong!!!” Taeyeon immediately used her right hand to cover Yoona’s mouth. “Gosh! I never know that you’re such a chatterbox. Just calm down for a sec! You’re too loud!” She hissed in irritation.

 

“Sorry unnie. It’s too shocking for me to digest in a short time.”

 

Heyyo, reader. In case you’ve already forgotten who I am, let me introduce myself once again. I’m Kim Taeyeon, a 21 year old part time worker and a college student. Since the beginning of New Year, I’ve been up into some bloody messy problems and heck those problems are still continuing for the time being.

 

And thanks to that annoying little brat, I don’t even have a single moment of peace since I met him!

 

Oh, FYI, I wasn’t referring to Wooyoung when I mentioned about that annoying little brat. Instead I was talking about Kim freaking Jongin or Kai!

 

Taeyeon finally had forgotten about Yoona when she turned around and her orbs met the figure of the guy that was like a god of misfortune for her. Her eyes was shooting daggers, her blood was almost reaching the boiling point but her heart weirdly, it was beating abnormally just by the sight of Kim Jongin’s smile.

 

He was sitting at one of the tables together with his friends. In front of him was Yoona’s super duper amazing boyfriend, Xi Luhan and beside him was a gorgeous girl with long silky black hair named Krystal Jung. They were chit-chatting happily, much to Taeyeon’s annoyance.

 

“Hey, Kai how was the test? Did you ace it?” Luhan grabbed his hot chocolate and took a big gulp of it. The cold weather outside was killing him slowly. His body was shivering, his face changed into white pale color whereas his feet felt like they can have frostbites any moment from now if he didn’t asked his clicks to hang out at his new girlfriend’s workplace.

 

“I don’t know. I guess I flunked. It was hard.” Kai said nonchalantly as he was looking down at his cappuccino cup. He was wearing his ‘whatever’ look on his face.

 

“Yeah. You forgot everything after the New Year. No way in hell I was gonna waste my time studying for that ty test during my holidays. Right, Kai?” Krystal snuggled closer to the annoying little brat, flashing one aegyo smile to him.

 

“Urgh! Whatever you wanna say, Krystal. I bet 100 buck that Kai’s going to ace the test with flying color. He always does.” Luhan challenged the girl with full enthusiasm.

 

Krystal sniggered. “Oh, is that so? Then, bring it on. I accept your bet, Lulu.” They shook their hands together, agreeing to the bet. Kai on the sidelines was only chuckling when he saw his two best buddies placing a bet on his test marks.

 

“Unnniiieee!” Yoona nudged Taeyeon by the shoulder. “Stop staring at Kai! You need to answer my question.” She crossed her arms together, totally in pouting mode.

 

“Haish… What do you wanna know, you Im Choding?” Taeyeon was irritated with Yoona. But true enough. She should stop looking at Kai. He’s 17 years old. Too young for you to fawn and daydream about him, Kim Taeyeon! Snap out of it!

 

“Are you two like going out now?”

 

“Well yeah. But just on paper though.”

 

Her answer clearly took Yoona by surprise. Is this girl kidding me? On paper? What kind of relationship are these two planning to create? “Say what? Unnie, what is on paper supposed to mean?”

 

Taeyeon fell in silence for a moment. She saw Kai was laughing joyously while Krystal on the other hand was acting like a Persian cat; head placed gently on Kai’s shoulder. She sighed. “He said to me that he needed some time to see us as a couple. Honestly, I think he’s right. Even I myself need some time to get a hang of this relationship.”

 

“Let’s spend some more time together!”

 

And I was really glad that he said those words.

 

“Urgh! Both of you are so serious. Luckily Lulu and I aren’t even a bit like you guys. If not, I’ll ask for a break up right here and now.” Yoona shook her head. “But anyway, why didn’t you look happy?”

 

Yoona’s last question made Taeyeon gulped. Cold sweats began to form on her forehead. Her hands and legs were icy frozen. How am I supposed to be happy, Yoong?! The real problem isn’t about my relationship with Wooyoung! After my confession session with Wooyoung, that thing happened with that annoying brat. By that thing I meant the hug. Plus my heart was beating fast at that moment (even if it was just for a bit.)

 

So, I was embarrassed by him. That annoying little brat thinks that he can tease me easily. Urgh! Just because I’m 4 years older and he’s just a high school student. Freaking stupid Kai!

 

“Anyway Yoong, I don’t want the other employee to know. So keep my relationship with Wooyoung-ssi a secret okay.” Yoona nodded as a sign of agreement.

 

“Hey, Krystal. Stop sticking close to me. It’s getting on my nerve.” Kai’s loud voice interrupted Yoona’s and Taeyeon’s mini conversation. Taeyeon turned her eyes to see the once romantic love scene crumbled into ashes with Kai’s irritating look.

 

Enough of this! I won’t back out from my words. I’m done with that bratty Kim Jongin. Whatever it is, I won’t let myself be affected by him anymore! Ever!

 

*

 

“I wanted to know it before… What is your major at the university?” Wooyoung brought the cup closer to his lips before taking a sip of his Darjeeling tea.

 

Taeyeon was cutting a small piece of her favorite chocolate cake. She didn’t immediately take a bite of the cake; instead she put down her spoon. “Urm… I love food and I enjoy cooking. So, I’m majoring in culinary arts.”

 

“I see.” He placed the cup on the table. “So, you’re good at cooking, Taeyeon-ssi. I bet you’re going to make an awesome wife.” Taeyeon that was taking a bite of her chocolate cake felt like she was going to choke herself to death leading her to cough continuously.

 

Gosh! Like I thought, Wooyoung is already aiming for that marriage topic. Oh, crap!

 

“Ah, sorry. I think I talk too much.” He giggled, trying to light up the mood of their conversation. “Don’t worry about it. But I really think that you’re a wonderful girl, Taeyeon-ssi. That’s why I am hoping that our feeling will be mutual someday.” With a smile on his face, Wooyoung said.

 

Hearing Wooyoung referring her as a wonderful girl really made Taeyeon zipped for a moment. Nobody ever said those words to her. Not even her ex-boyfriend. And realizing how much Wooyoung wanted their relationship to blossom made her think that she too should make an effort.

 

“Okay…”

 

“Are you done eating?” Wooyoung’s question was answered with a nod from Taeyeon. “I’ll pay the bill.”

 

“All right then. I’ll wait for you outside. Need to make a phone call to Yoong.”

 

After grabbing her coat and muffler, Taeyeon headed outside. The weather was cold, almost too chilly for her. She rubbed her palms together, trying to get some heat. As she was trying to reach out for her phone inside her coat, someone suddenly ran straight to her and grabbed her hand.

 

‘What the hell?” She was ready to flip her lid off but when she saw the person who was intertwining his hands with hers, her anger suddenly ebbed away. “Kai!”

 

“Hey, ajumma. Are you free now? Please come with me.” Still with their hands locked together, Kai took Taeyeon with him for a run. Taeyeon was flabbergasted.

 

“Yah! What? Hey!” She tried to wriggle herself away from Kai but all her efforts were in vain. Kai was way too strong for her.

 

“Kai!!” One young girl still in her uniform was chasing them from behind. Taeyeon finally found her strength and stopped her steps. And so did Kai.

 

“Oh, snap! She’s here.” Kai muttered to himself. Taeyeon found herself even more flabbergasted when she saw the girl that was chasing them was the girl she nicknamed as the Persian cat, Krystal Jung.

 

“You stopped running away? Then can you go shopping with me?” Krystal said with a tone that was out of breath. Her eyes were closed shut but when she finally caught her breath, she was in a dumbfounded state. “Who the hell is this girl?”

 

“Sorry, Krystal.” Kai suddenly placed his arm on Taeyeon’s shoulder, pulling her closer to him. “To tell you the truth, she’s my girlfriend.”

 

“What?!” That word wasn’t only blurted out by Krystal but also Taeyeon. Kai knew that Taeyeon would deny his statement but he was a sneaky sneak guy who knew exactly what he was doing. Quickly, he put his hand on as an act to prevent her from destroying his perfect plan to escape from Krystal’s clutch.

 

“Is it really true? She’s your girlfriend?” Krystal asked, feeling dejected.

 

“Yes. She is.” Taeyeon was struggling when Kai said those words. She tried her hardest to deny his statement but Kai’s hand was pressed tightly on .

 

“Wait a sec! She’s the employee at the fast food restaurant, isn’t she?” Krystal knew that the girl that Kai said to be his girlfriend looked really familiar to her. Frankly speaking if he was telling the truth, why didn’t I see them interact at the restaurant? Is Kai bluffing?

 

“Yes. So I can’t go out with you.” Kai crooked a smile on his face. Oh, please just believe this. I don’t want you to be all sticky with me again. It’s too fussy. 

 

“I see.” Krystal was crestfallen but she knew when to retreat from a battle. Don’t you ever think that I’ll won’t investigate this matter Kai. What Krystal Jung wants, Krystal Jung gets. “I understand. So, I’m going home now.”

 

“Eh? You’re going home?” Krystal didn’t give Kai any reply. She turned her back and just walked away quietly, leading Kai to drop his jaws. “It’s rare. She’s normally more persistent.” He scratched his head.

 

Taeyeon pushed away Kai’s hand from . “Yah, ajumma! Why are you going home too?”

 

“Because I lied for you. So, I’m going home now.” She waltzed her way, leaving Kai behind and didn’t even bother to look back. “Crap! And I was just in the middle of a date.” Date? Oh. My. Freaking. Gosh! “Haaaaaa! I left Wooyoung-ssi alone!” She facepalmed herself, totally in panic state.

 

Out of the blue, EXO’s Growl blasted from her phone, asking to be picked up. She grabbed her phone to answer it. Wooyoung’s voice greeted her from the other line.

 

“Ah, Hello.” She said stutteringly.

 

“Taeyeon-ssi, where are you?” Wooyoung let out a faint chuckle.

 

Oh, crap! What am I supposed to say? Screw this! “Urm… So sorry. I had to go to the toilet.”

 

“Ah… Is that so? I have to go back to work. So, how about if you head home first? We can go out for movie some other time.”

 

After Wooyoung ended the phone call, Taeyeon was disheartened. She let out one heavy sigh. Looking at her face, Kai can’t help but to feel uneasy. “What? Did you have to meet with someone?” He said in one innocent tone.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes were burning red. She was ready to flip her lid off towards Kai but she knew that she was only wasting her time and energy. This annoying little brat was an expert when it comes to hitting her nerves. “Ah… Whatever. I have enough. I’m going home.”

 

Hearing Taeyeon’s words weren’t going to wash away the uneasy feeling inside Kai’s heart. He knew very well that he had offended her in some ways but he can’t make amend to her for now. Not when he knew that Krystal Jung might come back any second from now to bust him for lying straight to her face.

 

When Taeyeon was set to walk away leaving him, Kai immediately grabbed her hands. He pushed her against the wall and imprisoned her body with his hands locked tightly on both of her hands. Taeyeon grunted in pain when she felt that Kai’s grasp was too strong.

 

“Ouch! What the??!” She stopped her sentence halfway. Her eyes widened, can’t even blink even for once. She gulped as she noticed Kai’s face was inching closer to her. She could feel his breath on her cheeks. Their lips almost met each other.

 

“Kaiiiiiiii! What on earth are you doing?!”

 


 

Is Kai really going to kiss Taeyeon? Well, I'll let you guys wonder about it. Hahhaa... *evil writer*

Sorry, that I haven't updated for quite a while. Been busy with daily life lately.

Thanks to the readers that voted this story. I <3 U :)

Enjoy this chapter.